European Cruisetour

Has anyone ever been on a Royal Caribbean European Cruisetour? We are arriving in Madrid on October 27 and spending 4 days in Spain before our cruise (Voyager) leaves on October 31. I have found reviews for the cruise portion, but have read nothing about the cruisetour. I received information from Royal Caribbean last week. When I looked at the hotels that were listed, it made me a little uneasy. For the price we are paying I think the hotels could be a little better quality. Just interested in other people's experiences. Thanks!

We did the Venice,Florence, Rome tour this June and were quiet happy-the hotels were quiet good-the Hilton in Venice,a small private hotel in a converted palace in Florence and one of the NH chain in Rome-all were roomy, had nice bathrooms and were close to either sites or good public transport. We felt there was a nice mix of guided group tours ( and the group was small) that got you around long lines at the top attractions-St Marks, the Doges Palace, L'Accademie, the Vatican Muesum,ect along with plenty of free time to see and do what you choose. The cost includes things like portage and once we arrived in Venice we didnt have to worry about moving our bags farther than out the door to be picked up again until we dis embarked the ship three weeks later. Also having someone else handle the city to city transport arrangements ( and transport from the Venice airport to the hotel had we not chosen to arrive early) was great. The included meals were very good as well-in fact the only disappointing-not bad just disappointing-food we had in three weeks was on the ship. The tour manager was a delight as well. Your mileage may vary-but we thought it was a very good experience.

Archived