shopping San Miguel

starsteveo

I understand the best shopping is in San Miguel and not at the port. I want to feel like I have seen some of Cozumel with out touring the whole island. I'll be at Paradise Beach early that day, then if I take a taxi to San Miguel for shopping, will they know where to take me? What do I tell them? Is the shopping district all in one area? Will I get to see enough of the area between the port, Paradise Beach and San Miguel and back to the port. How far is San Miguel from the port? Walk? Are taxis hard to find in San Miguel?

The shopping area is about a half mile strip right on the waterfront. It's about two miles from the main international ship pier, and only about a half mile from the Punta Langosta ship pier. Yes, you will see plenty of west coast of Cozumel going to the places you have mentioned. Paradise Beach is on the southern part, San Miguel on the northern end, and the international ship pier in between. Taxis are everywhere at both the pier area and the shopping area.

Just tell the taxi driver at PB that you want to go to the Plaza in San Miguel. Once there walk around and shop, eat or drink at what ever strikes your fancy. You may wish to eventually end up at a place like Los Coincos Soles, but don't get sucked into the hype that it is THE place to shop. I fyou have time, wander over a few blocks from the plaza where you may find merchandise a bit cheaper.

Just tell the taxi driver at PB that you want to go to the Plaza in San Miguel. Once there walk around and shop, eat or drink at what ever strikes your fancy. You may wish to eventually end up at a place like Los Coincos Soles, but don't get sucked into the hype that it is THE place to shop. I fyou have time, wander over a few blocks from the plaza where you may find merchandise a bit cheaper.

This is so helpful! This is what we plan on doing when we are there! Paradise Beach first thing, then shopping in San Miguel!

Terry

Ok were planning on shopping in San Miguel too, and getting something to eat.. Do they have taxis that can carry 9 people?? Also will they be honest about fares?? I get so nervous about taking a taxi.. I did once in San Diego California and the taxi driver ripped me off big time:confused:.. I found out after we moved there husband was in military that my hotel was two blocks from the airport he charged us 5 miles and took us all over the place... I just want to be prepared there...

Thanks for the tips. I still wonder is the cab ride from A to B to C scenic enough for me to feel like I saw a slice of Cozumel or do I need to take the taxi on a short tour around town or further down the beach? There's just not enough time to see everything. I just want to make the most of it all.

Ok were planning on shopping in San Miguel too, and getting something to eat.. Do they have taxis that can carry 9 people?? Also will they be honest about fares?? I get so nervous about taking a taxi.. I did once in San Diego California and the taxi driver ripped me off big time:confused:.. I found out after we moved there husband was in military that my hotel was two blocks from the airport he charged us 5 miles and took us all over the place... I just want to be prepared there...

Agree on the fare before you get in the taxi. I don't know if they fit 9, you might need 2!

Archived