Category D staterooms??

Hello,

I am in a category D3 superior oceanview stateroom. What is the difference between the D1, D2 and D3? Does D3 have less room than the others? Also I had another question. I hear that people tip their room attendant extra. I would not mind doing this but should I tip everyday? Or just one big lump sum? I was thinking an extra $5 a day would be good right? Thanks for any suggestions

The D cat. rooms are all the same size..the main difference is location..with the D-1's being in a "prime" location...they may also have different occupancy's..

As far as tipping..it's usually easier to just tip once at the end..if you want to add extra that is great & I'm sure is appreciated..

you will get a form with your daily Compass a few days into your cruise. On there is "recommeded" tipping amounts. You can sign it and turnit in to Guest Services. The tips will then be charged to your Sailpass. You will then get coupons on your last night to give to all those you should be tipping say that the tips have been paid. If you choose to just give everyone cash, you can do that to. The recommened amount (total) comes to $9.75 per person per day. That includes Cabin steward, waiter, head waiter, assis waiter.

Besides location, cabin capacity is also a factor in categorizing the D's. On most ships, D2 and D3 are double cabins, and some D1's can hold up to 4 people. Otherwise, the cabins are the same size.

We don't generally tip the steward more than the recommended amount, unless we have a lot of special requests. We give it in one lump sum at the end of the cruise. We often give the wait-team more because they usually go above and beyond the typical realm of their job description for us. Again, it's given once, at the end of the cruise.

We usually just tip the suggested amounts, since we pre-pay grat's, but on our last cruise, we had the best cabin steward we've ever had, and we gladly added cash to the envelope at the end of the cruise.

you will get a form with your daily Compass a few days into your cruise. On there is "recommeded" tipping amounts. You can sign it and turnit in to Guest Services. The tips will then be charged to your Sailpass. You will then get coupons on your last night to give to all those you should be tipping say that the tips have been paid. If you choose to just give everyone cash, you can do that to. The recommened amount (total) comes to $9.75 per person per day. That includes Cabin steward, waiter, head waiter, assis waiter.

I have already pre paid my gratuities so will I have to pass out these coupons? I just wanted to give extra if the room attendant does a great job each night.

I have already pre paid my gratuities so will I have to pass out these coupons? I just wanted to give extra if the room attendant does a great job each night.

I believe the Skins will be much improved with the new coach and QB. My wife is in charge of the additional tipping; and, she usually does so.

I believe the Skins will be much improved with the new coach and QB. My wife is in charge of the additional tipping; and, she usually does so.

I am very excited about the Skins this season. I think I am a little more excited than my boyfriend :D:D:D. They looked great when I went to their training camp so I am VERY EXCITED. Go Skins!

You add extra IF you feel it is warranted, don't feel obligated to do so. Most times we do add extra but there have been a few less then stellar stewards that we gave just the recommended amount.

If the steward isn't very good, you give the recommended amount? I'd be tempted to not give the recommended amount if I didn't get good service. How else is the steward supposed to know that he/she isn't performing the way they should be?

We usually prepay our tips as well...but often will leave an "extra" amount periodically if we feel that our cabin steward has done a particularly good job...or helped us with something. If the overall service is excellent, we'll also add a little extra to the envelope with the prepaid voucher at the end.

I'm also excited about this season...but not so thrilled with my new seats. We managed to "graduate" to the lower level but we're jammed up against a wall (having to crawl over 20 people) right in front of the new giant screen. I've already been on the phone twice this week with Fed Ex Field trying to get this mess straightened out but I fear that we will have to just deal with it for this season and hope to move next year.

HTTR!

We usually prepay our tips as well...but often will leave an "extra" amount periodically if we feel that our cabin steward has done a particularly good job...or helped us with something. If the overall service is excellent, we'll also add a little extra to the envelope with the prepaid voucher at the end.

I'm also excited about this season...but not so thrilled with my new seats. We managed to "graduate" to the lower level but we're jammed up against a wall (having to crawl over 20 people) right in front of the new giant screen. I've already been on the phone twice this week with Fed Ex Field trying to get this mess straightened out but I fear that we will have to just deal with it for this season and hope to move next year.

HTTR!

I was at the game last week and it was just like a regular season game. We also sit in the lower level. I want dream seats so bad. I had them last year just for the Skins Vs Cowboys game at the end of the year and that was the BEST:D:D:D. Glad to know there is another faithful Skins fan on here. I bought a Skins 2 piece bathing suit for my trip in Sept (since I will be missing 2 games, I can be there in spirit.) Got my boyfriend the trunks also. LOLOLOL:)

Hail!

If the steward isn't very good, you give the recommended amount? I'd be tempted to not give the recommended amount if I didn't get good service. How else is the steward supposed to know that he/she isn't performing the way they should be?

Yes, I would still do the recommended amount, but not giving extra I think sends the message.

I am very excited about the Skins this season. I think I am a little more excited than my boyfriend :D:D:D. They looked great when I went to their training camp so I am VERY EXCITED. Go Skins!

So am I. One of my children up there has control of my three season tickets.

I was at the game last week and it was just like a regular season game. We also sit in the lower level. I want dream seats so bad. I had them last year just for the Skins Vs Cowboys game at the end of the year and that was the BEST:D:D:D. Glad to know there is another faithful Skins fan on here. I bought a Skins 2 piece bathing suit for my trip in Sept (since I will be missing 2 games, I can be there in spirit.) Got my boyfriend the trunks also. LOLOLOL:)

Hail!

I now live in Fl; hence, my only contact is when they are on TV here. Delightfully, the Cowboy game is on my birthday.

I was at the game last week and it was just like a regular season game. We also sit in the lower level. I want dream seats so bad. I had them last year just for the Skins Vs Cowboys game at the end of the year and that was the BEST. Glad to know there is another faithful Skins fan on here. I bought a Skins 2 piece bathing suit for my trip in Sept (since I will be missing 2 games, I can be there in spirit.) Got my boyfriend the trunks also. LOLOLOL Hail!

I am very excited about the Skins this season. I think I am a little more excited than my boyfriend . They looked great when I went to their training camp so I am VERY EXCITED. Go Skins!

I'm also excited about this season...but not so thrilled with my new seats. We managed to "graduate" to the lower level but we're jammed up against a wall (having to crawl over 20 people) right in front of the new giant screen. I've already been on the phone twice this week with Fed Ex Field trying to get this mess straightened out but I fear that we will have to just deal with it for this season and hope to move next year.<

I believe the Skins will be much improved with the new coach and QB.

I like pie. Do you like pie?

Tip the steward at the end of the cruise. Give him extra cash for service above and beyond. They have families to support too.

Archived