Questions about cruising Alaska in May with Kids

lesponline

We are booked for a family reunion cruise on the Zuiderdam to Alaska May 14-21 2011 and have some questions for any who cruised this area this past spring:

1) were there many children on board and were the Club HAL programs in full swing or limited due to small numbers? (my kids will be 7 and 5)

2) were the pools open and swimmable this time of year or was it too cold. My kids LOVE to swim but I want to prepare them so they won't be too disappointed.

3)are there many "family activities" such as family discos or tournaments?

4) are there activities such as minigolf or ping pong?

Thanks so much for any help or insights :)

Two years we cruised that week in Alaska -- Westerdam.

There were very few children on board -- Club Hal was up and running -- but not at full time due to limited number of children on board.

Pingpong is available for everyone.

There will be golf putting contests -- open to everyone. No miniture golf just for the fun of it.

There are no family discos -- the Norther Lights is the disco -- opens at 9 PM for adults only.

The Lido Pool (center) has a dome over it and you can swim in it. The aft pool is not covered and quite cool that time of the year.

We sailed in June, so can't really tell you about the weather, however...:

1) were there many children on board and were the Club HAL programs in full swing or limited due to small numbers? (my kids will be 7 and 5)

Our kids were 7 and 5. There were 32 kids total on our sailing...this is 17 and under. Club HAL is the greatest program, my kids loved it and wanted to be there all day every day. They still talk about it 2 months later. They loved it so much.

2) were the pools open and swimmable this time of year or was it too cold. My kids LOVE to swim but I want to prepare them so they won't be too disappointed.

We had cold and rain a day or 2 and they just close the roof on the Lido and the kids swam all they wanted. There weren't a lot of people swimming I think due to the weather, so the kids had a lot of room to play.

3)are there many "family activities" such as family discos or tournaments?

I didn't notice any....

4) are there activities such as minigolf or ping pong?

I didn't notice this either.

Archived