do they still have a topless deck on Carnaval cruises

mgable

We're not all going up there to creep out the topless women. What about us males who like to have no tan lines too? It goes both ways, you know. Why can't the top deck be clothing optional for both sexes?

One of the reasons DW and I are going on our St. Maarten trip is to enjoy Orient Beach.

We're not all going up there to creep out the topless women. What about us males who like to have no tan lines too? It goes both ways, you know. Why can't the top deck be clothing optional for both sexes?

One of the reasons DW and I are going on our St. Maarten trip is to enjoy Orient Beach.

That would be a bottomless deck and I'm pretty sure that's not going to be allowed on Carnival anytime soon.

Yep, I still don't understand it but I've accepted it. :D Our marriage is much better with this acceptance and hubby no longer has bruises from my elbow. Now he just gets gentle nudges from time to time.

Paulandfran,

Is it ok with your husband if you "meat gaze"? I hope so, otherwise it's a double standard.

It goes both ways, eh? Is 'it' the only one?:)

Sorry do not think taking pictures would be the right thing to do.

Besides imho breasts look better in a vertical position than horizontal.

Maybe you should start a thread asking how many males would ask a topless female to get up so he can take a picture for his scrapbook.

Now that is a good Idea,

watch for the thread later tonight, I might even include a poll also,

The topless deck on Inspiration was sacrificed for the 'Evolutions of Fun' - the entrance to the big waterslide is up on that deck now. I was on two cruises with the topless deck - of course my curiosity made me go up and check it out... only to find it empty on both ships the one time (each) that I went.

I have to say, this is a pretty entertaining thread - us CC'ers know a good double entendre when it presents itself. And I absolutely agree that Americans are ridiculously hung up over nudity - the poster who was tut-tutting over the kids looking down on the topless lady who was on the Serenity deck really cracked me up... hiding nudity from kids, are you serious? Your kids have never seen a naked adult and you intend to keep it that way? Good luck with that. :rolleyes: I can't see how it does anything except make the kid even more curious, conceivably to the cat-killing level if you get my point.

Paulandfran,

Is it ok with your husband if you "meat gaze"? I hope so, otherwise it's a double standard.

I don't have any desire to so it's a non-issue for us. But I'm also not one that believes I have to do everything a man does in order to have equal rights. I believe that while men and women are equal we're not exactly the same.

I don't have any desire to so it's a non-issue for us. But I'm also not one that believes I have to do everything a man does in order to have equal rights. I believe that while men and women are equal we're not exactly the same.

Agreed 100%.

Men and woman are not equal they are different but both deserve equal rights.

I am a topless sunbather whether topless deck or not. On ships without separate area, I corner myself forward or all the way in the back so unless someone deliberately walks around me onto the rail they probably would not notice. NCL actually has a clothing optional deck on the Pearl. We have frequented it on the three times we have been on the Pearl. However, that deck contains more naked men than woman.;) Therefore, for some reason hubby does not feel comfortable up there.

My hubby prefers topless vs. nude too. The only place he is ok with nude is Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios. The nude area is on an island and there are private areas so he feels comfortable and I'm the one who gets up to fetch our drinks while he just relaxes.

Swimming topless or nude is very freeing. Anyone who's skinny dipped can relate I'm sure. :D And then stretching out in the sun without a wet suit on is very relaxing and comfortable once you get over the initial discomfort and see it's not a big deal at all. After a while you hardly notice.

Thanks Gary. Your wife is a lucky lady. :) Just wanted to say I love reading your posts (even the ones I may not share your view) because your posts are refreshing and you are genuine, honest and respectful. Love that!

Thanks, Fran. What a nice thing to say and I'm glad you enjoy my posts, however, I did neglect to say, we're divorced. Have been for years, yet we are still very close friends and we both enjoy immensely our 30 year-old son (the former "hump"):D

Too many years of bartending and working the door at strip clubs and various pick up joints have just desensitized me of the "Ooooooh look Boobies' . I mean I love them as much as the next guy but it certainly isn't like it's something I haven't seen.

Like I said in other posts. In the beginning I was the biggest kid in the worlds greatest candy store. But after most of the girls have either become your girlfriend, little sister , or major thorn in your side . The shine wears off the apple really fast.

Thanks, Fran. What a nice thing to say and I'm glad you enjoy my posts, however, I did neglect to say, we're divorced. Have been for years, yet we are still very close friends and we both enjoy immensely our 30 year-old son (the former "hump"):D

Wow, I'm even more impressed... not many men talk so kindly about their wives, let alone their ex-wives. :D And the former "hump"... too funny!! I don't even have a hint of a hump yet but can't wait til I do.

Will be 1st time cruiser. Are the balconies big enough to lay out on and are they private?

You better believe it! Granted you will have a roof over your head and it will all depend on the angle of the ship during the day. We have lucked out and had the sun beating down on our balcony after returning to the ship to leave different ports. Then there is the privacy issue. On the Conquest class ships, all you have to do is shove a towel in the corner of each door that separates the balconies and nobody can see anything (FYI: you can see reflections on the glass of your neighbors). My wife demands a balcony and will settle for nothing less just for the fact that she can lay out, without worries.

The topless deck on Inspiration was sacrificed for the 'Evolutions of Fun' - the entrance to the big waterslide is up on that deck now. I was on two cruises with the topless deck - of course my curiosity made me go up and check it out... only to find it empty on both ships the one time (each) that I went.

I have to say, this is a pretty entertaining thread - us CC'ers know a good double entendre when it presents itself. And I absolutely agree that Americans are ridiculously hung up over nudity - the poster who was tut-tutting over the kids looking down on the topless lady who was on the Serenity deck really cracked me up... hiding nudity from kids, are you serious? Your kids have never seen a naked adult and you intend to keep it that way? Good luck with that. :rolleyes: I can't see how it does anything except make the kid even more curious, conceivably to the cat-killing level if you get my point.

We are hung up on a topless woman sunning herself on a cruise ship deck, but we (as a people) spend a billion and a half dollars a year on "adult entertainment" (strip clubs, movies, magazines, web sites,toys, etc).

TV shows and magazines push the envelope all the time what they can show to big sales and ratings.

On the same internet we are talking about booze smuggling and dress codes , and anytime dining. A kid can type in pretty much anything and get 100,000 sites to some pretty graphic pictures

But a woman getting a tan with no top on a secluded deck of a cruise ship, or the people in the cabin next door making a little noise while "doin da nasty" is a crime against the nation. :)

From a girl's perspective I agree. While "looking at boobs" isn't creepy, guys who openly stare do make me less comfortable than a guy "jockying for position". That's actually pretty funny especially when they stumble or get "caught" looking and they are a bit embarrassed. It's kind of endearing. Even when I catch hubby doing it he tries to make up some story about what he was looking at. "No... I swear I was just noticing the fabric on her bathing suit looks like our curtains." :rolleyes::D I just roll my eyes and grin.

That's a good one......gotta remember it! :D

We went to the Dominican with my parents a few years ago. We were sitting at the pool bar and my father turns to me and announces " he is going to the beach to see the boobies".

At least he was honest about it! LOL;)

Archived