do they still have a topless deck on Carnaval cruises

mgable

We went to the Dominican with my parents a few years ago. We were sitting at the pool bar and my father turns to me and announces " he is going to the beach to see the boobies".

LOL

I might have done the same thing but would have just said I was going for a walk on the beach.

We went to the Dominican with my parents a few years ago. We were sitting at the pool bar and my father turns to me and announces " he is going to the beach to see the boobies".

There are lots of bird lovers out there!

My mom always says "When men stop looking, start worrying".

My DW could care less. She looks at good looking guys , I look at good looking girls. If we are out together we even point people out too eachother.

Its called being secure with yourself and in your relationship.

I have really enjoyed this thread...

Lots of very interesting points have been made..

I have traveled to may parts of this world we call Earth.. I am a U.S. citizen and have called the U.S. home for 50+ years..It would seem that we as a country are the ones hung up on the nudity thing.. Europe does not have the issues we have with it..

The DW and I have an agreement, We each can look all we want however neither of us can touch.. And like another poster has already said, we will also point out the "sights" to each other..

We can window shop but can't buy.

We don't care where we get the appetite just so long as we eat at the house..

I could go on however I think you get the idea..;):D

Now I feel that the youngin's need to be educated, by their parents, on the things they may see out in the world.. It is not my place to educate other peoples children..

OK I will step off my soapbox now.. I did not intend to offend anyone, just thought the topic of this thread was a good one and wanted to throw my 3 1/2 cents into it..

Fran, congrats on the addition.. IMHO a pregnant woman is the most sensual thing on earth.. (5 kids and 9 grand kids later)

My DW could care less. She looks at good looking guys , I look at good looking girls. If we are out together we even point people out too eachother.

Same here. I don't care if he looks and he doesn't care if I look. There are just two rules - looking only and don't expect me to look like that. :p

Well, I guess everyone has their own tolerance level. I see nothing at all wrong with topless. However, somehow by coincidence, on two of my cruises there was a browned, leather skinned, string bean of a man with wild Einstein hair wearing a banana hammock for a swimsuit at the pool. Dude...really??! By contrast, he seemed more lewd yet he was free to roam around at will.

we do the same thing its not that odd for someone to glance just dont stare. we took our kids to orient beach once and they seen two men walk up the beach after the first site they did not hink any thing of it we seen and talked to whole families laying out at orient with kids and no clothes at all. it is our country that worries to much. congrats on baby and future cruiser lol.:)

I have traveled also, and could care less what they do in Europe or elsewhere, doesn't mean I enjoy seeing topless people in public.

I don't think it is necessarily a "hang up" Seems like society just has to let everything hang out today. Why is it so important to be naked or half naked in public? I'll probably get flamed for this, but I am glad there is a mini golf course instead of a topless deck! BTW not a prude just think it's a little ridiculous that we all have to show everything all the time.

I understand and experienced the special nude beaches that exist in world..but do not think US or probably most of Canada is generally of same liberation..if they were..this thread would not be here...don't care about some light hearted joking..sometimes it does get creepy weird to me.

Happy are those with the resectful "noticing" and the focus staying with each other...always prefer the beauty of clothes and swimsuits...IMHO and personal preference. sjn

What causes the problems is when people make an issue about it. Don't like don't stare or take it off. If you don't want your kids to see it I am sure they have and you don't know about it. We obviously don't mind if you take a quick peek and keep on walking if it is off.

Personally I see no problem with women but the double standard when a man with larger breasts than most women can walk up and down the beach. They get laughed at and women are treated like they are committing a sex crime.

Maybe it was living in Europe nearly a dozen years. Maybe it is being married nearly thirty years. Maybe it is getting older. But my wife and I see nothing wrong with checking out a good looking man or woman. My wife and I also point out a noteworthy "sighting" to each other and both chuckle while doing it. Topless is a bonus for me!

This is an artistic shot of what the topless deck once looked like. Funny story: I was speaking to a lady on a cruise a few years ago and she stated that she couldn't keep track of her husband because he was always on the highest deck of the ship looking for Cuba. We sailed nowhere near Cuba.

Topless.jpg.7d9cb5329b7b6ecf3083e09cae9ecbc4.jpg

That's an interesting point. There are some men who are more full-busted than many women but they are allowed to go topless. Wonder why that is?

I so agree. Many men have much larger breast than women and no one complains??

In some of our past cruises,I have been "forced" to go with my wife to the funnel. LOL She isn't one to expose herself as she is very modest,but when in rome...you know... We enjoyed being there,she felt "free" and I enjoyed the view. She always wanted me beside her to help keep down the stare factor.

But this area was used very little.The best eye candy was the dancers and yes they ALWAYS had guys on either side. Mostly though it was women who you really didn't wanna see !!!

Yes I think there should be that option but the 18 or older need to be enforced. To go up there and look for cuba or the twin peaks....(. .)guilty !! But I always was wearing dark glasses and never stared,

Maybe it was living in Europe nearly a dozen years. Maybe it is being married nearly thirty years. Maybe it is getting older. But my wife and I see nothing wrong with checking out a good looking man or woman. My wife and I also point out a noteworthy "sighting" to each other and both chuckle while doing it. Topless is a bonus for me!

Great attitude !!!!

Years ago when one of my cousins had her baby (making my grandfather a Great grandfather for the first time) He was as proud as proud could be.

The sweetest little old Italian gentelman you would want to meet with a heart of gold and an acent like Chico Marx.

He goes to the hospital witha huge bouquet of roses and a giant Teddy Bear for the baby . He wandered around the maternity floor looking for my cousin . As he was inadvertantly walking into a shower room for the ladies in the ward . A nurse stopped him.

He told her "I'm 83 years old , I grew up with 6 sisters , I'm married 61 years , I have 4 daughters and 9 grand daughters, If those girls in there have something I haven't seen yet, they should call Ripley's Believe it or Not and get their picture in the paper " *LOL*

Definitely not opposed to seeing boobs, so more the merrier.

But i am curious, to those women who like to go topless. Why? Bikini tops are not small enough? Just like to show off your boobs?

Always curious as to why its preferable to some to take the top off.

I know, given the chance, i wouldn't necessarily go bottomless...for various reasons.

Definitely not opposed to seeing boobs, so more the merrier.

But i am curious, to those women who like to go topless. Why? Bikini tops are not small enough? Just like to show off your boobs?

Always curious as to why its preferable to some to take the top off.

I know, given the chance, i wouldn't necessarily go bottomless...for various reasons.

Going topless is kind of freeing. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? It's the same thing. Just feels nice for a change.

A friend just got off of the Liberty and said that there is without a doubt, a topless deck. Apparently it is on top of the basketball hoops and golf, the highest deck on the ship.

also on the freedom!;)

I'm glad to know some ships have kept them. Thanks!!

A friend just got off of the Liberty and said that there is without a doubt, a topless deck. Apparently it is on top of the basketball hoops and golf, the highest deck on the ship.

I was on the Liberty a couple months ago, there was certainly not a topless deck. There is a large deck at the very top of the ship, forward, where the jogging track is. Very empty and usually deserted, and if you wanted to go topless no worries, but certainly not a deck made for that reason....

I was on the Liberty a couple months ago, there was certainly not a topless deck. There is a large deck at the very top of the ship, forward, where the jogging track is. Very empty and usually deserted, and if you wanted to go topless no worries, but certainly not a deck made for that reason....

Maybe it should be referred to as a "tops optional" deck. :D

My very first cruise in October 2007 on the Paradise had a woman on the sun deck sans top on the day we went to Catalina. There was no one else up there except me and her. I didn't complain. :D

Archived