Carnival Pride - Aft Balcony

madgally

Anyone have picture of this room?

We were offered a good deal on the Pride for Winter Break. We have only stayed in OS or higher before on Carnival. Since the price was a steal we considered taking a downgrade to a balcony room. The deal is no good on JS +++ I thought about it and read up more and realize the price was for an obstructed view balcony so when the guy called me back I said forget it. He said he could offer me the deal on any balcony room (3rd person free) including the AFT. I have heard good things about them and sitting on them watching the water in the back is something I have enjoyed on other ships.

Is the balcony really bigger in the map it looks like it's just shaped different and stuff very small. I saw the regular balconies they are small (but better then a window for sure).

I'm thinking about it, even with tax, fees, tips, onboard purchases, and driving 4 hours each way this would be cheaper then anything i could book for us. So I'm thinking about doing this downgrade (from a suite), the non VIP check is gonig to be annoying but I guess I can deal with it. I think if I come on the late side I won't have to wait that long to get on. I

Any help on this room and I would apprieciate it. I realize no dressing room, no hot tub, etc....

Anyone have picture of this room? We were offered a good deal on the Pride for Winter Break. We have only stayed in OS or higher before. Since the price was a steal (Well you have to factor in the time but year but still cheaper then any other trip I would book for the week). I thought about it and read up more and realize the price was for an obstructed view balcony so when the guy called me back I said forget it. He said he could offer me the deal on any balcony room (Well the price would be $150 more for the first two but same deal 3rd Free) including the AFT. Deal doesn't work on any suites, boo hoo. I have heard good things about them and sitting on them watching the water in the back is something I have enjoyed on other ships.

Is the balcony really bigger in the map it looks like it's just shaped different and stuff very small. I saw the regular balconies they are small (but better then a window for sure).

I don't have any pictures of our cabin (6262), but I do know that balcony cabins are the same square footage inside as an interior cabin. If you have more than 2 people, you might want the bigger ocean view than balcony. I loved our aft balcony, but it isn't really bigger, just deeper, with a slanted rail. More than 2 people out there would be a squeeze.

Another thing to consider is that you won't be spending much time on that balcony during your sea days if you are sailing over winter break. It will be too cold out for that.

The only thing that you may want to consider is Winter break on the Pride will be pretty cold. While I love aft balconies, you have to wonder how much opportunity that you'll get to use it. We have booked obstructed view for all of our cold weather sailings on the Pride, and so far we've received last minute upgrades, but even if we didn't I wouldn't regret having the cheapest balcony cabin. In that class of ship, the 7A category still gives you a view straight out, and you will likely not be sitting out for long periods of time. I would go with the steal.

I will be spending time out there. I sit on my own deck in 0 degree weather. It seems like that balcony would be like sitting in a box though. Maybe if the one next to it opens up and we can get a friend to book the one next door. IF not maybe just a regular balcony room but not the obstructed one - never. That would be under $50 more a person. I really want the suite though, boo hoo. Too bad they don't put offers on the suites (I can see they don't have many so I guess I understand). Thanks for the reply. BTW it wouldn't be cold the whole time it's more spring like and in comp. it will feel warmer then it is. I have a heater anyways, doesn't look like one. Used it on our Alaska cruise year ago.

HI thanks for the email with the Flip Video of the Aft Balcony and the Aft Suite balcony -why not post them for others? I'm glad you posted it as I could never stay in such a room. I do like the Vista suite but I would prefer being in another part of the boat so might as well go with a regular suite. I was only conidering this trip because it was offered to me buy two get one free for a balcony room (any room in that class). I think the offer was for lower classes too but no suite, boo hoo.

Again those would be great to post. I have a flip, I should do that myself but I think most know what regular suite is.

Anyways leaving on the Freedom on Saturday!

Archived