Sooo Excited Aug. 22nd Legend

mugsey

Congratulations!!

Is this your first cruise? If so, don't try to do everything... you'll drive yourself nuts! Pick an choose... look at the Fun Times for event and underline or highlight those you REALLY want to do! There's a segment of the Fun Times called 'Have a Great Day' that's a tear off and has all of the events listed. Take that with you as a reference. If you lose it, no big deal. A replacement can be had at Guest Services and most bars around the ship.

You REALLY need to give the steak house a try. The food and service are top notch! It's reservations only and there's a $30/pp fee but it's well worth it.

Enjoy some of the shows! It's a great way to relax and cool off after a day on the Lido Deck!!

Most of all take some time to enjoy being at sea... it really is one of God's great gifts to mankind...

:)

I would have to agree with Host Mach (of course :p) Take a bit of time out for yourselves and enjoy just watching the ocean, and know that when the ship begins to pull away, all of your problems and that of your daily grind are left sitting at the dock, and most likely, will NOT come up in your conversations during the next week!

I would also agree, try the steakhouse! Maybe just have an "adults only" dinner one night. As mentioned by Mach, don't try to do everything! If your busy all day every day, you'll have no time to relax a bit and take a deep breath, your kiddos are old enough to be cut a little slack, bring two way radios so that you all can communicate with eachother, its their vacation too! Make sure you lay some strict ground rules, and they know what behavior you expect from them, that way everyone will have a good time.

My bottom line is to just relax! Your a mom, relaxing hasn't been a part of your daily schedule in over 17 years, this is your chance to reintroduce yourself to the simple pleasure of doing nothing and everything YOU want to do :D Have a blast!!!!

Thanks for the advise!!! I will try to let it all sink in. I would love to get a massage (never had one) We still have not booked any tours, as I look at the boards looks like everyone books private tours??? we were looking into Stingray city and rum point for Grand Cayman and Kayak in Belize?

We have cruised before, yet not for a few years.

Thanks

From what I have heard it is a nice sight to see when the Legend goes under the bridge leaving Tampa. I have heard it goes under the bridge sometime between 6:00 and 6:30. Have a great time on the Legend I am sailing on her the day after Christmas.

Thanks for the advise!!! I will try to let it all sink in. I would love to get a massage (never had one) We still have not booked any tours, as I look at the boards looks like everyone books private tours??? we were looking into Stingray city and rum point for Grand Cayman and Kayak in Belize?

Thanks

Stingray City is a must do... wonderful experience!

Lots of folks really enjoy cave tubing in Belize so you might want to look at that.

On Isla Roatan you'll be at Mahogany Bay, Carnival's own pier and beach. You can purchase a pass for the 'Flying Chairs' to take you back and forth from the beach all day for five bucks! Cool!

Tons of my friends swear by Nachi Cocom on Cozumel and I can't blame them. All inclusive and limited to 100 folks per day it's a bargain at $49/pp!!

:)

Im so excited we are starting our Legend cruise on Sunday, Any tips? We are me, husband, 17 year old son, 11 year old son, Aunt and Uncle.

When you get back next Sunday we hop on board. Have you checked out your roll call? Good way to get info from others that will be on your cruise and maybe get to meet some new folks. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

Thanks

My Legend cruise was one of my favorites! I did the Land Rover and cave expedition in Belize and had a blast! We took a skiff holding about 30 people from the ship up the river to where we got the Land Rover's. We drove a ways over some rough terrain to a cave. We had to walk across a fairly wide suspension bridge which was a bit difficult and bend down in the cave to get through some tight spots. Then lunch was served. It was only so-so. We took a bus ride back to the tenders and had all the rum punch we wanted. It was a great time!

The Maitre d' Ken was real entertainment. He sang every night and he was fabulous. He came to our table every night. Only Maitre d' I've tipped.

Going under the Skyway bridge is fun too when you leave. It's about 6:15 to 6:30. The ship is so close to the bridge it doesn't seem like it will make it.

Have a great trip!

Archived