April in Bay Of Biscay conditions?

Hi everybody

Considering for the first time cruising from the UK.

Out of Liverpool on April 10th To Canaries.

Now what is it like generally in the Bay of Biscay at that time of year.

Will be deck 4 midships we hope.

We have never had a problem with Sea Sickness but always cruised in the Med, Carb'n and Panama but always flown out.

Cheers for any info, we are going anyway but thought I would just ask out of interest.

I have to say a bit of rugged sea would make good viewing whilst sat sipping the Glenfiddich:)

Ta very much

Hi, We did Western Med on Boudicca April this year, Bay of Biscay was ok, bit choppy but nothing scary. Being mid ships you will hardly feel it.

We are also booked on Canaries on April 10 next year, we have previously done this cruise on Black Prince and really enjoyed it, hence booking again. We are also deck 4 midships!!!

You can never tell with the Bay of Biscay for it can be rough or smooth. I crossed it last December on the way to the Canaries and it was like a millpond. The sea was rougher off the Portuguese coast. In the many times I have sailed from the UK I have fouind that the English Channel is often bumpier than anywhere else. It's one of the gambles you take cruising from the UK but the benefits far outweigh the odd rough sea. :)

We went across the Bay in Blackwatch during April this year. It was very "lively",(about Gale force 9) or to use the captains words when he warned us of the impending bad weather - "There will be some motion on the ocean". As a result of the bad weather our itinerary had to be modified but this was not a problem and just added to the excitement. We were on deck 8 which is not the best place to be in bad weather. ( The more you pay the more you sway). Deck 4 should be a better place to be if the there is some "motion".

Besides" Motion on the Ocean "and "The more you pay the more you sway",I like this one ,"Stabilizers, are the difference between eating soup and wearing it."

Now don,t worry, the BOB can be flat calm or a roaring hell ,which ever ,you will be in good hands on a Fred. Olsen ship,because they have great consideration for their passengers.:D

As stated you never know. BoB can be like duckpond or a raging inferno !! I still have a scar on my noggin from being thrown from my bunk and whacking head on the way down. But that was a tiny ship with no stablisers. Stabilisers stop the rolling - and help with the pitching but ships will always pitch in a big swell. As stated here - midships middle deck will minimise the motion.

• 1 month later...
Hi, we've just booked up for this cruise on Deck 4 midship,right by the gym.

Sounds like we could form our own posse lol.

Looking forward to a cruise with "minimal" child interaction.:D

We are on deck 4 midships also, looks like we getting quite a group going lol

Sounds great everybody. Whats a gym?:eek:

There are 4 of us, 2 couples and we do like the theme nights, my wife is usually an indian squaw whilst our friend has a cowboy hat with an arrow thro, nearly got stuck in the lift on the Pananma:)all in the best possible taste though:),

Just back from the Med so back onto the diet.

We are also keen dancers, keen not gold medal I would add:)

Hear Hear to the minimal kid interaction.

Take it easy

Archived