Shopping in Cabo, PV & Mazaltan

hopelea

My daughter loves to shop at our ports. She said all she really wants to do is get off the ship and shop. We will be in Cabo, PV & Mazaltan. Do they have things shops right by the port? We are going on excursion in each of the ports but I don't know if there will be any shopping stops for her.

Thanks

In Puerto vallarta there is a fleamarket next to the dock.

Opposite the dock you will see Galleria Mall with the Liverpool shop and others. Also Walmart is opposite the dock.

But the nicest shops are in old town, but you need transportation (bus or cab) to get there.

There are many opportunities to shop near the ship at all three ports. In Cabo, they have an artisans market right off the end of the pier plus there is a flea market in the big rock wash before you get to Solomon's Landing. In Mazatlan, the terminal building has shops and they have an artisans market right across the taxi parking area. In PV there is a flea market across the side street behind the round building outside the terminal.

Do you feel safe walking off the ship and just shopping around these areas in all these ports???

We have felt very safe in Cozumel just walking all over the main drag off the terminal, same in St Marteen, St Thomas, and Grand Cayman....now Jamaica...hmmm......no.

:)

Do you feel safe walking off the ship and just shopping around these areas in all these ports???

We have felt very safe in Cozumel just walking all over the main drag off the terminal, same in St Marteen, St Thomas, and Grand Cayman....now Jamaica...hmmm......no.

Yes -- Very safe !!! The problems in Mexico have not spread into the areas frequented by cruisers. You see a lot of policia and the taxi drivers also keep an eye out for cruise people because we feed their families.

We go down to PV quite often and I feel safer there then I do many areas in Canada and especially USA. I walk around PV by myself quite often as do many of my female friends.

I always subscribe to the manta of keeping my wits about me at all times....yada yada....that said, I am not sure I would feel safe walking around alone in Jamica.

Yes -- Very safe !!! The problems in Mexico have not spread into the areas frequented by cruisers. You see a lot of policia and the taxi drivers also keep an eye out for cruise people because we feed their families.

I agree and feel it goes beyond the polica andtaxi drivers....tourism is huge in Mexico....they want us to come back...I feel that Mexican people have always been very welcoming, trusting and hospitable to us anyhow, we go to PV at least 2-3 times a year and one day will live there part time.

Honestly the problems at the borders are NOT part of the ports of the Mexican cruise stops. Drugs, gangs and crime are much more prevelant in Vancouver BC then Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo.

I agree and feel it goes beyond the polica andtaxi drivers....tourism is huge in Mexico....they want us to come back...I feel that Mexican people have always been very welcoming, trusting and hospitable to us anyhow, we go to PV at least 2-3 times a year and one day will live there part time.

Honestly the problems at the borders are NOT part of the ports of the Mexican cruise stops. Drugs, gangs and crime are much more prevelant in Vancouver BC then Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo.

I felt very safe in Vancouver, never a concern. In Mexico, I am always aware of my surroundings, never carry more the $50 cash, and never get in a taxi. Please don't get a false sense of safety, be aware of your surroundings, there is a lot of crime in Mexico, right now especially and it's not just at the borders. I live by a Mexico Border and honestly, it is safer because you at least have U.S. Border agents close.

Absolutely we feel safe. Our last stay in PV was for 4 months (planning again for this winter) and every day was great and never had any problems.

We walked around, we drove around in the car, we took local buses, we shopped, we dined, made trips into the mountains and other places.

We enjoyed the friendly the mexican people. Had a great time.

I felt very safe in Vancouver, never a concern. In Mexico, I am always aware of my surroundings, never carry more the $50 cash, and never get in a taxi. Please don't get a false sense of safety, be aware of your surroundings, there is a lot of crime in Mexico, right now especially and it's not just at the borders. I live by a Mexico Border and honestly, it is safer because you at least have U.S. Border agents close.

As are most of your Mexican posts your post is ...interesting.....

I am happy that you felt very safe in Vancouver but many of us who live there or close by do not feel that safe and usually apply the same security that you do when you are in Mexico. Actually I apply that to any city in The States that I vist.

And the nice thing about PV taxis is that you pay by the zone(s) traveled so none of the driving the long way to up the rate (and tip) that many Vancouver taxi drivers do, of course you need to know the zone rate but with all the forums and websites it is easy to educate yourself. We always ask the zone rate but make it clear we already know it and only once did the PV taxi driver try to cheat us and as soon as he realized we knew better he agreed that it was the proper rate, he was just hoping for a tip.

Not saying PV is a utopia mecca of safety but as a female that has many friends living there right now and is going to make her home there one day, it is a much safer place then Faux news makes it out to be.

As I have stated before IF one keeps their wits about them as they would anywhere the ports visted on the Mexican Rivera can be and are lovely :)

i agree with ther other posters. there are opportunities in all 3 ports. i think cabo was probably the easiest to shop in terms of location to the ship. there is a large "flea market" building just as you walk off the dock area. but i also think cabo was the most expensive. pv has laot of shops that require more walking/taxi rides. we felt safe in all ports but you need to be smart. there are people looking to take advantage of the tourist who is not watching their belongings,etc. be smart, be safe,stay in a group and have a great time.

its been brought up on other forums, you need pesos now in Mexico to shop etc. Is this true for these 3 ports, or can you just use US dollars.? Dona

Mexican government has made it harder to exchange USD into pesos by setting a limit of how many USD a person can turn into pesos monthly. We always use Pesos that we get from ATM machines. Plus the exchange rate is much better :)

Archived