EARLY arrival time

Julia Goolia

Just realized that our itinerary has us arriving in GC at 7 am which is going to be 6 am island time. For those of you who have arrived that early, is ANYTHING open besides the beach? I realize that by the time we tender in, etc., that it will be later, but that is still pretty early. Also realize that businesses are used to these same ships arriving at these same times every week but regardless, that seems a bit early for most things to be open.

We are renting a jeep for the day and I have emailed the rental company to ask if they will even be open that early.

What did all of you do that early in the morning if you got one of the first tenders in?

Thanks in advance.

Not much open anywhere on the island at that time except a few gas stations. The Burger King on the waterfront doesn't even open for breakfast until 6:30am!

Thanks, Drew. That is kind of what I was thinking. Have never arrived there that early before so by the time I have gotten onto the island on past cruises, everything was open and ready to go.

Seems so silly that cruises arrive in these ports so early and then depart early so a good portion of the time spent there is wasted with no businesses open, etc. Oh well -- such is life. I'll be enjoying the Caribbean air and I'm not going to stress about it.

Thanks again for the reply.

Avis doesn't open til 8:30 local time, so that caused us a little bit of a delay with getting our car last week. The Tortuga store at Royal Watler (?) - the tender dock - was open, but no liquor sales until I think 9:30 local time. There were other shops open, though - the Diamonds Int'l, stuff like that.

I'm not sure what they're thinking with these early arrival times - on the one hand, you can get out and about before it's so hot. And maybe more people will book their excursions thru the ship because of this, who knows?

Archived