Alcohol?

Hey, I'm sure this has been asked by many people, but I'm still wondering....

We're going on a RCI Enchantment of the Seas cruise coming up and we are undecided if we should try to sneak alcohol on? Can we just bring the alcohol bottles? Should we put the alcohol in other types of bottles?

Whats the best way? And what happens if they figure out we have alcohol?

Does anyone know RCIs search procedure out of Baltimore?

Thanks!!!

We're going on a RCI Enchantment of the Seas cruise coming up and we are undecided if we should try to sneak alcohol on? Can we just bring the alcohol bottles? Should we put the alcohol in other types of bottles?

Thanks!!!

Just pack it in the original bottles in your carry on.

Thanks!!!

Or just use rum runners.

If you put it in your carryon they are going to find it and take it. Put your contraband in your checked luggage and distribute it among the various pieces. If they detect it, they will take it away from you. You may be called down to a room known on CC as the "naughty room" where they will ask you to open the luggage and show them the bottle(s). If it is alcohol they will take it and give you your luggage to take to your room sans alcohol. No big deal as long as you cooperate.

If you take the bottle, they may well find it. They are looking for certain shapes such as bottles of booze. Many use the rum runners (rumrunnerflasks dot com). These are plastic bags much like boxed wine come in but easy to refill. They don't have the shape of a bottle so they are harder to see but not invisible. There are many threads on CC about bringing alcohol aboard. Good luck and good cruising.

Just pack it in the original bottles in your carry on.

I realise this was said with no small amount or irony but we actually met a family on Legend last year who had actually walked on with 2 bottles in their carry on. Not being members of CC and obviously not having read the small print in the cruise docs regarding alcohol, they were unaware of the rules.

They were amazed when we told them - they'd been enjoying their own drinks totally oblivious to the fact that they weren't allowed. :)

Well it's pretty much a roll of the dice. Most people who cruise know that this is not allowed. Most people who cruise know if caught they forfit their alcohol. If you do not cooperate with the cruise line they can deny you boarding and you just wasted hundreds of $$$$ on a vacation that just came to a bad ending and if you bought trip insurance your loss still will not be covered. If you feel you have the luck of the Irish go ahead and try but if you are a common sense person let that be your guide. Good luck and happy cruising!

Thanks guys! I know not to pack in original bottles on my carry-on!

And i am willing to have it taken if caught. But it sounds like as long as we cooperate they will still let us on and no problems? I don't want to use original bottles, but is something like listerine bottles ok? Or do they inspect those?

Are they allowed to open stuff and smell it?

Yes, they can inspect any suspcious bottle. I went on a RCCL in March in Brazil and had one bttl of wine in my locked suitcase. It was the first time I was asked to come to the naughty room. I think RCCL has really cracked down on people bringing in their own alcohol. :D

I think I will go back to Carnival where you can atleast bring on bttl water or a 12pk of coke.

Why would you chance sneaking booze?

I'd be the first to admit, I'd love to have my Booker's/water in the evening with a good cigar. I'll enjoy my libation ashore (where I can also buy a Cuban or two) or I'll wait 'til I'm on the porch at home.

H**k, you can't even buy good bourbon on these ships. :-{

That being said, I have heard, folks have been successful bringing their favorite toddies aboard, in rum-runners.

Good luck

Just back from cruise out of Baltimore August 1 (not RCL)

Port security had people take acohol out of carry on and they inspected bottle to make sure it was sealed. (wine) There were about 7 people in our group who had booze in checked luggage, bubbled wrapped and they had to go to naughty room. Booze taken away.

A couple years ago in Baltimore port on a RCL Ship I was able to get a bottle to cabin in checked luggage. Just lucky. You take your chances, just realize they can confiscate it.

Just keep in mind that once you remove alcohol from its original container, if it gets caught, it gets tossed.

You no longer get it back whether it's in it's original container or not. They are cracking down more and more and have become wise to rum runners as well. Again, it's like speeding - sometimes you get caught sometimes you catch a break.

Thanks guys! I know not to pack in original bottles on my carry-on!

And i am willing to have it taken if caught. But it sounds like as long as we cooperate they will still let us on and no problems? I don't want to use original bottles, but is something like listerine bottles ok? Or do they inspect those?

Are they allowed to open stuff and smell it?

People have reported that their booze tastes like the mouthwash even though they have rinsed the bottles.:eek:

But if you are desperate to get booze onboard you can try it...and they do open bottles and sniff...

We're going on a RCI Enchantment of the Seas cruise coming up and we are undecided if we should try to sneak alcohol on?

Why do you want to sneak alcohol onboard?

Just fyi...they are doing random secondary searces of people at the pier prior to boarding. If you are wearing very loose clothes or cargo pants/shorts, don't be surprised if you receive a pat-down.

Good to know they are getting serious about security checks.:)

Thanks!!!

Yes, this question has been asked a billion times already. :rolleyes: Why don't you use the search feature? Too Lazy to type in a few words?

If you're smart enough to register on the Cruise Critic Board, you should be smart enough to use the "Search Feature". You can also go the RCCL website to find such simple answers to common questions.

This thread contributes to worthless spam and utilizes server resources that could otherwise be used for original topics.

Yes, this question has been asked a billion times already. :rolleyes: Why don't you use the search feature? Too Lazy to type in a few words?

If you're smart enough to register on the Cruise Critic Board, you should be smart enough to use the "Search Feature". You can also go the RCCL website to find such simple answers to common questions.

This thread contributes to worthless spam and utilizes server resources that could otherwise be used for original topics.

Hey Dude....The search engine is not the best on this forum. Thanks to BS answers it can take take days for some truly poor soul to wade through the cr@p. If everyone used the search engine who would you have to insult. By posting on this thread you have become apart of the worthless spam and wasted resource....cyber garbage. Lets all clean up and move on...dude! Love the 'dude' name and the lyrics that go with the song...2 verse is a hoot!

I will do one better and attempt to answer the OP. The best way is the wine rack/bra or a fake 'adult toy' that holds a fifth. Dude I am sure you learned something today from this starzz, then maybe not;):D

Bra wine racK: http://www.amazon.com/WineRack-200-008-Wine-Rack-Medium/dp/B001FYZZI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1282589802&sr=8-1

Find the toy on your own and you can use it to save your chair by the pool for days;)

Hey Dude....The search engine is not the best on this forum. Thanks to BS answers it can take take days for some truly poor soul to wade through the cr@p. If everyone used the search engine who would you have to insult. By posting on this thread you have become apart of the worthless spam and wasted resource....cyber garbage. Lets all clean up and move on...dude! Love the 'dude' name and the lyrics that go with the song...2 verse is a hoot!

I will do one better and attempt to answer the OP. The best way is the wine rack/bra or a fake 'adult toy' that holds a fifth. Dude I am sure you learned something today from this starzz, then maybe not;):D

Bra wine racK: http://www.amazon.com/WineRack-200-008-Wine-Rack-Medium/dp/B001FYZZI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1282589802&sr=8-1

Find the toy on your own and you can use it to save your chair by the pool for days;)

Actually, the search function works EXTREMELY well.

Put in "alcohol".

Put in "booze".

Put in "smuggle" or "smuggling".

You will, indeed, be reading until you depart for your cruise, even if it is next summer.

:rolleyes:

Archived