Duty free shopping - Cigarettes

Bazzgurl26

I have a better idea. A fellow cruiser has a website that sells Electronic Cigarettes and Vermont Made liquid. Just go to vermont vapor dot com and check it out. It's a lot cheaper! We spend about $25 a month and haven't smoked a real cigarette in over a year!

I could not find that site :confused: can u pls repost the link - i tried vermont vapor dot com and it did not work :rolleyes: Thanx,,,,,,,

Happy Cruising!

DonnaF :D

Where? They are over $65.00 here in Dallas and that's at the 7-11 with a discount. I'm so old I remember cigs when they were .42/pack.

$52.00 a carton in New Hampshire for Marlboros. Other brands can be found for alot less.:)

In early July, on the Star, I bought the 5 carton case for $120 (marlboro). Works out to $2.40 per pack. Didn't have any problems taking them off the ship. Still have two cartons left. Think I'll go have a cig to celebrate how much I saved:D

LMFAO, Too funny, Nice! I'll do the same lol. Spark em up:D

I have a better idea. A fellow cruiser has a website that sells Electronic Cigarettes and Vermont Made liquid. Just go to vermont vapor dot com and check it out. It's a lot cheaper! We spend about $25 a month and haven't smoked a real cigarette in over a year!

We too use an E-Cigarette (on occasion). They work very well in "non-smoking" Hotel rooms, and in bars...however, even though legal, expect to still get the "stink-eye" from the smoking****s.

We bought a "screwdriver"....it comes with two batteries, liquid nicotine, and a charger. Although it is quite a bit larger than a cigarette, one battery charge will last the two of us two days!

We use it in a pinch, but still prefer the good old fashioned cigarettes.

One really nice feature is that you can have one or two "puffs" when desired, rather than smoking an entire cigarette.

They are NOT legal on airplanes, though....simply because someone says so. (We do use them in airports, however, and have only been challenged once!)

be careful not all of these are made in the USA. I paid as little as $15 at some places but the cigs were not US made and sometime not US quality. Yes they are name brands but look for place of manufacture and if its not US be careful.

I found this to be true on every ship i been on.I smoke Marlboro reds and the duty-free smokes were horrible.The tobacco was light in color and a different size too.I actually bought some from just about every ship i been on,but had the same results...I'm a slow learner!!:D....Never again,i bring them from home now-a-days.Unless they changed within the last year don't be suprised to be disappointed in the quality.

If you do buy them from the ship,just compare them to the ones from the U.S.,you'll be suprised in the difference.

Where can I buy these ? ? ? Aside from online,,,,,,we r from Canada, but going down to the US for a couple days next week - any ideas where we should look for them ??

Happy Cruising........

DonnaF :D

Not sure where they are available near Ontario. The retail store they own is in Vermont, but you can buy them on-line. They are a bit cheaper through their website and I believe they ship to Canada. They do actually have people that drive 3 hours from Montreal to buy their E-Liquid. It's the best and not made in China like most. It's made right here in Vermont.

So you all are saying that it is cheaper to buy smokes on the boat, than stocking up before you get on? We are first timers (Oct 23 Norwegian Sun....61 days YAHOO!!!!!) & were figuring that we would hit a convenient store in Fl, B4 we sailed. That would make thing SO much easier!

Five cartons of Marlboro Lights cost $131 on the Jewel last week.

I just got off the Dawn and read the customs form and while they probably dont enforce any of it (obviously by the responses here) the form says you can only buy 1 carton of cigarettes and if you try to bring more they will not charge you extra duty but they will confiscate it and destroy it.

They obviously dont follow it but that is exactly what the form says

• 4 months later...

Archived