'LifeBoat Drill'

nmg85

I have cruised quite a few times before but never with MSC, may sound like a silly question but if passengers are joining at each port how does life boat drill work?

Have also read many reviews on msc and although mixed I am going with an open mind. Seems confusion on whether water is included on departures leaving Dover on the Opera or not? and also can anyone tell me if the pizzeria is open in the evenings? and if a charge?

Thanks nmg85

On MSC's Greek Oddyssey itinerary (for example), 95% of the passengers join at either Venice or Bari, and the drill is held after departure from the latter. The stragglers that join elsewhere may get individual briefings.

I can't vouch for other itineraries, but they are usually designed around the bulk of passengers joining on "day 1" to maximise occupancy.

There will be only one muster drill held. probably on the afternoon of the first day f the cruise (i.e. Dover departure). I joined a cruise a few days in and there wasn't one at all for us.

Can't tell you about water or the pizz counter on UK sailings as I haven't done one on the Opera. What I would say is that there isn't a pizzaria as such on the Opera at all. On the pool deck in the open air, one side has a counter serving pizza and the other burgers. It is not a restaurant. (Unlike on some of the newer bigger ships where the pizzaria is an alternative restaurant). It has only ever been open to around 4 or so on any of the sailings I've been on in Europe. Personally, I think it would be a bit cold and windy in the evenings on a Baltics cruise to be sitting outside. at the pizza counter area

Archived