Queen Elizabeth. Who is doing the Naming ?

oldsilverfox

There is not long to go now but apparently still no news yet about who is doing the naming ceremony.

Anyone heard any whispers???

I'm sure that there is no truth in the rumour that a well known regular poster ( I'd better not mention any name, but I'm sure that you can guess) has been begged by Carnival to be a godfather to the ship.

There is not long to go now but apparently still no news yet about who is doing the naming ceremony.

Anyone heard any whispers???

I'm sure that there is no truth in the rumour that a well known regular poster ( I'd better not mention any name, but I'm sure that you can guess) has been begged by Carnival to be a godfather to the ship.

Can we have a few clues, or is it more than your life is worth?:D My money is on .............................

Reading the tea leaves, my guess, and hope, since we will be going to the ceremony, is that it will be HM the Queen. I base my guess on the following: When the Duchess of Cornwall named the QV, the Cunard press release was three months to the day before the naming ceremony. My impression is that announcements concerning the Queen are made much closer to the actual event. The fact that there has been no announcement thus far and that Cunard has been completely mum about it, other than to say that an announcement will be made sometime, leads me to conclude that the Queen will be doing the naming. My guess is that it will be sometime around September the 11th.

Reading the tea leaves, my guess, and hope, since we will be going to the ceremony, is that it will be HM the Queen. I base my guess on the following: When the Duchess of Cornwall named the QV, the Cunard press release was three months to the day before the naming ceremony. My impression is that announcements concerning the Queen are made much closer to the actual event. The fact that there has been no announcement thus far and that Cunard has been completely mum about it, other than to say that an announcement will be made sometime, leads me to conclude that the Queen will be doing the naming. My guess is that it will be sometime around September the 11th.

Maybe that is what Cunard want us to think :D. But I hope you are right.

HM Queen Elizabeth II has apparently confirmed her attendance for the ceremony.

She may have "apparently confirmed" it but I haven't seen anything anywhere else naming her. Where did you get your information from?

Like your username, BTW.:)

Peter

Just returned from QV, And the name of Queen Elizabeths godmother will be released next Wednesday 1st Sept. and that information came from the guy who will be conducting the orchestra at the naming ceremony who was on board with his family.

It's confirmed

HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN TO NAME QUEEN ELIZABETH

Cunard Line is delighted and honoured to confirm that Her Majesty The Queen will name Queen Elizabeth at a ceremony to take place in Southampton on Monday 11 October 2010.

Carnival PLC must love the publicity Cunard generates. In the two hours since its release its been picked up by:

The BBC

USA Today

The Daily Telegraph

The Press Association

The Southampton Echo

As well as Travel sites.....the other Carnival Corp & PLC brands would kill for free publicity like this.....

Could be interesting here. QE3 maybe. After all...the QE2 wasn't really to be named as such.

Having said that l do hope that HM is invited to name the new one....tis as it should be.

Judy

The Queen named QE2 after herself 'Queen Elizabeth the second' - there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Cunard or anyone could even get her to say 'Queen Elizabeth Three' !!!! Did no one notice that HM named QM2 - 'Queen Mary ......... too' !!!

Who knows maybe she might take it on herself and name the ship after herself again!! Then you would have a QE2 (I) and QE2 (II) in existance.

All in all excellent news - as you say just as it should be. Can't wait to sail on QE in November.

Ken

I can't help but think if her majesty the Queen will surprise everyone and do the same thing on October 11,2010 as she has done on September 20,1967 when she named the ship Queen Elizabeth the Second,remember that the QE2 was supposed to be named just Queen Elizabeth.So I can't help but think if she continues this practice and names the new Cunard Ship Queen Elizabeth the Third? Regards,Jerry

Archived