Cab fare from airport in New Orleans to port

jkneern

Just looking for options to get to the cruise terminal. Will be arriving a few days prior to our cruise in Nov. Will be renting a car at the airport and returning there as well. Does anyone know the cost of cab fare from the airport in New Orleans to the port? Also wondering if any of the rental car facilities offer port transportation. Thanks for any help anyone has

Cabs are quick too. Just out the doors from the luggage pick up there are kiosks that will have a cab to you in a minute or two. Figure 20 to Port from airport. Travel to NOLA 2-3 times a year and cabs are reliable, quicker and cheaper than the shuttles.

• 2 weeks later...

our cabfare from the Drury to the port and the return trip port to hotel was the fixed rate of $7.00 per person. We gave the driver a twenty each time because they lifted and stowed all of our bags, and were fast and friendly.

Going to the port, we had a van and two other people were riding. The driver was quick, he took a "short cut" around the back of the terminal buildings and skipped the line of cabs out front.

He told us he could get in the line of cabs and wait 20-25 minutes to drop us off, or he could drop us where he was stopped,(about 25 yards from the door) and we could take our luggage to the curb ourselves and save 20 minutes. We opted for #2. Porters took our checked bags and we were in the line to get in the building in about 5 minutes.

Coming back, we snagged a porter in the terminal to haul our stuff to the customs line. I had heard on our last cruise that doing that gets you through the customs line much faster and that was the truth.

Our porter grabbed our bags, took us to the customs line, and even asked another porter to let us go ahead of him because we had an emergency! (somebody:o was about to pee in their pants and the restrooms are on the OTHER side of the customs counter)

The customs officer looked at our documents, asked a couple of questions, and said "welcome to New Orleans, have a nice day". and we were off to the pit stop. Our porter stayed with our bags and flagged the next cab in line. Needless to say, he got a nice tip!

We were back at the Drury in less than 10 minutes and dropped off right next to our car.

Total: $20.00 per cab ride=$40.00 + porter tips-$15.00(the second guy got a bigger tip for the expedited service)-$55.00 and worth every penny.

• 1 month later...

On our April cruise, we also had rented a car for out stay.

When we return the car, the car rental van took us to the airport and right to the area where the taxis were.

He waved and a driver came to help load our luggage.

It took less than five minutes.

The rate was $33 and we were at the port in a short time.

There was a shuttle service,but why wait until it fills up to leave?

The rates were posted in the cab also.

The cab was clean and the driver nice

On our April cruise, we also had rented a car for out stay.

When we return the car, the car rental van took us to the airport and right to the area where the taxis were.

He waved and a driver came to help load our luggage.

It took less than five minutes.

The rate was $33 and we were at the port in a short time.

There was a shuttle service,but why wait until it fills up to leave?

The rates were posted in the cab also.

The cab was clean and the driver nice

I am a frequent NO visitor. For others, Enterprise, has no drops for their Downtown Canal St. office from an airport pick up. I rent from them, just about every trip on a day rental.

I am also a cheap transfer person, and rarely take a cab from the airport. I take the Jefferson airport, bus, to Elk, and either, walk a couple blocks to the Canal Streetcar, or just walk to my hotel on camp, taking 15 minutes. A few dollars pp.

I am a frequent NO visitor. For others, Enterprise, has no drops for their Downtown Canal St. office from an airport pick up. I rent from them, just about every trip on a day rental.

I am also a cheap transfer person, and rarely take a cab from the airport. I take the Jefferson airport, bus, to Elk, and either, walk a couple blocks to the Canal Streetcar, or just walk to my hotel on camp, taking 15 minutes. A few dollars pp.

I saw this bus option and was curious. We love to do this as part of the trip. Weird I know. Just for some background when we flew into JFK last year for our cruise out of Manhattan we took the skytrain from the airport to the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station so we are not at all averse to public transport while schlepping luggage. We also took public transit from Chicago O'Hare to downtown and then walked to our hotel this past summer without issue. So, how much trouble is it to take the bus from New Orleans airport to downtown with luggage? Do you feel safe? Any transfers along the way? If we're staying on Canal (possibly JW Marriott) how far of a walk would it be to that general area from the bus? Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Public Transit: The Airport-Downtown Express (E-2) Bus picks up outside airport Entrance #7 on the upper level. jeffersontransit.org The fare for Airport-Downtown Express (E-2) is $2.00. The fare boxes will accept $1, $5, $10, $20 dollar bills and all U.S. coins. The Airport-Downtown Express (E-2)provides service from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in Kenner, down Airline Drive into New Orleans, which takes approximately 35 minutes. The Airport bus stop is on the second level of the Airport in the outer lanes at Door 7. For more information on public transit in the area, visit the Jefferson Transit website, www.jeffersontransit.org, or the RTA website www.norta.com.

With a couple of bus fares and transfers you should be able to get directly to JW Marriott. Not sure about the airport bus, but in general, public transit is not set up for lots of luggage.

• 1 month later...
I saw this bus option and was curious. We love to do this as part of the trip. Weird I know. Just for some background when we flew into JFK last year for our cruise out of Manhattan we took the skytrain from the airport to the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station so we are not at all averse to public transport while schlepping luggage. QUOTE]

If you were going to Long Island, this is fine. But if you were going to Manhatten, you took the costly route. All you had to do from the Airtrain (not Sky Train) is take the A subway from Howard Beach.

Anyway, hauling your own bags is the SAME anywhere. You can only take what you can manage.

I take the NO Jefferson bus option, I listed above every trip. From the airport bus, you take it to the end, which is just past the Tulane Hospital, next to the Library, on Elk. Walgreens is on the corner. Cross the street- toward the Walgreens, and keep walking to Canal. Streetcar stop goes down Canal, to the JW. I frequently walk to Camp, which is further, doable if you haven't any mobility limitations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...