Just got my Upsell call for Owners Suite

iowagirl411

$1500 a day Iv heard. Yes, for sure tell us what the offer was. Maybe they will be more reasonable.

Lets find out what they are asking and post it just so CC has a running tally of information that people can draw on when they are in the same situation as you are.

We've seen the Owner's suites on the Ecstasy. They're big, lots of room and fancy stuff. But not worth it, if no other reason than the misplaced balcony and noise from the Lido deck. The GS is what we cruise with and I wouldn't take the owner's suite for zero dollars upgrade. Pass on it unless you just want to brag. ;)

it was $1600 total to upgrade from our GS on the Ecstasy back in November for 4 nights.

That was when the upsell dept was pretty new and the deals were much better. The so called deals lately just havent been worth writing home about. We will see tomorrow? OP come back and tell us what song and dance they give you and price.

But Im still curious what kind of deal they try and convince the OP with price wise.

That was when the upsell dept was pretty new and the deals were much better. The so called deals lately just havent been worth writing home about. We will see tomorrow? OP come back and tell us what song and dance they give you and price.

But Im still curious what kind of deal they try and convince the OP with price wise.

Yeah we only did it because it was my 30th birthday... Something to cross off my "list" lol.

If it's even more now, chances are it won't ever happen again.

it was $1600 total to upgrade from our GS on the Ecstasy back in November for 4 nights.

$1600 more than what you already paid for a 4 night cruise? I would've laughed as I hung up on them! You could almost get a suite on another 7 night cruise for that price!

$1600 more than what you already paid for a 4 night cruise? I would've laughed as I hung up on them! You could almost get a suite on another 7 night cruise for that price!

Yeah, it was a bit crazy, but you only turn 30 once, and we had gotten a great deal on the GS for booking early. Like I said, probably wouldn't do it again... unless I won the lotto ;)

We are sailing on the Sensation this weekend and I got the Upsell phone call for the owners suite on Monday. She said she could give me her employee discount and it would only cost me $1400 more than what I already paid for our cat 12 ES suite. Politely declined and thanked her for the offer as I was trying not to laugh in her ear.

I got upgraded from a outside cabin to a Cat 12 suite on the Paradise several yrs ago when it was a "non smoking " ship. That was a 7 day cruise. Upgrade was free and I see that never happening again. It hapened about a month before the cruise.

Yeah I know. First cruise we took was with 3 other couples. We all booked balcony rooms and got upgraded to suites. Had them all together. Awesome having a 40 foot balcony on the boat!

How close to the cruise date to the upsell people usually call? Do they negotiate at all or is the price they offer firm?

We received an "upgrade email" yesterday. It was $40 total for a better location in the same type of room. We moved from deck 6 to deck 10 on the Freedom

We received the same email yesterday. We are sailing on the Legend 10/17. We were able to go from a 7A obstructed view balcony to a 8K extended balcony for $40. We jumped on that offer.

We received the same email yesterday. We are sailing on the Legend 10/17. We were able to go from a 7A obstructed view balcony to a 8K extended balcony for $40. We jumped on that offer.

(new cruiser here) Is that $40 total for the entire length of the cruise or a per person per day extra charge?

I just got the call from the upsell Fairy. Upgraded from an Aft Cabin on the Legend to an OS Suite for $640.00 for 3 people.

We took it! Giving up my aft for VIP boarding, larger cabin in a Huricane rich month. I think I did ok.

We had an OS on the Inspiration and loved it last year. I'm sure we will be just as happy this time around.

Bon Voyage

djp

Archived