Just got my Upsell call for Owners Suite

iowagirl411

How close to the cruise date to the upsell people usually call? Do they negotiate at all or is the price they offer firm?

My upsell Ninja called today, Sail in about 3 weeks. I missed the call, but we'll look at the offer on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...
We've seen the Owner's suites on the Ecstasy. They're big, lots of room and fancy stuff. But not worth it, if no other reason than the misplaced balcony and noise from the Lido deck. The GS is what we cruise with and I wouldn't take the owner's suite for zero dollars upgrade. Pass on it unless you just want to brag. ;)

Really? Just to brag?

How would people who might be interested in booking one of these know the pros and cons and be able to make a decision if people who have already booked them didn't give out any information for fear of being labeled "braggarts" by someone who doesn't even know them?

Back on topic:

Another con:

If the seas are rough and heavy, there is a lot of sway up there. You are basically on the top of the ship. Daughter #1 got seasick one year and now refuses to cruise.

Another pro:

My 82 year old Dad loves to sit up on the balcony during the day. It allows him to enjoy the Lido deck activities without actually being on the Lido.

Your party is walked onboard from VIP check-in, straight up to the cabin...no waiting until 1:30 PM to gain access to your cabin.

You also receive priority debarkation.

When we last booked one of the OS - the rate was close to $400 per person/per day for the first two guests. It can vary a bit up or down based on sail dates and such.

We've seen the Owner's suites on the Ecstasy. They're big, lots of room and fancy stuff. But not worth it, if no other reason than the misplaced balcony and noise from the Lido deck. The GS is what we cruise with and I wouldn't take the owner's suite for zero dollars upgrade. Pass on it unless you just want to brag. ;)

We have stayed in the Fantasy class OS perhaps 10 times. I am not saying that to BRAG, but rather it shows that IN OUR OPINION the cabin is VERY desirable. We love everything about it... save the occasional noise from the jogging track (thumping feet and chair dragging) above. That is the great thing about being individuals - we are all entitled to our own opinions. Mine is no more "correct" than yours, and it needn't be. :)

Really? Just to brag?

How would people who might be interested in booking one of these know the pros and cons and be able to make a decision if people who have already booked them didn't give out any information for fear of being labeled "braggarts" by someone who doesn't even know them?

Back on topic:

Another con:

If the seas are rough and heavy, there is a lot of sway up there. You are basically on the top of the ship. Daughter #1 got seasick one year and now refuses to cruise.

Another pro:

My 82 year old Dad loves to sit up on the balcony during the day. It allows him to enjoy the Lido deck activities without actually being on the Lido.

Your party is walked onboard from VIP check-in, straight up to the cabin...no waiting until 1:30 PM to gain access to your cabin.

You also receive priority debarkation.

Hi again Stir (you are "out and about" more here lately)! :D

Tom

Nothing yet from Carnival as far as upsell- but it would have to be better than much of what I read about here. First cruise on Princess we were immediately upgraded from a balcony room to a suite. That was a nice welcome to Princess. Wish the rest of the cruise could have lived up to that first impression.

Archived