Flight to Miami canceled

I am glad I started this !!! As you have all been spending your time on this matter. I have been fighting a house fire and have my reservation to be picked up at FLL Airport to be taken to the Hilton. Thanks for the idea with SAS ...For those that are sailing with us see you on board.

Keep the cold ones coming

I am glad I started this !!! As you have all been spending your time on this matter. I have been fighting a house fire and have my reservation to be picked up at FLL Airport to be taken to the Hilton. Thanks for the idea with SAS ...For those that are sailing with us see you on board.

Keep the cold ones coming

I would worry about all that. Half of the people probably didn't know about ATA and started googling and had to belittle you.

Funny thing is that ATA as an abbreviation is not that incorrect. I certainly knew (as some others on here) that you meant AirTran Airways.

I certainly wish you good luck after your house fire (hope there was not too much damage) and happy cruising.

:)

One solution is to rent a car in FLL and return it in Miami. That way you can see the sights or just head directly to Miami. The drive is easy - straight down the Interstate.

We have done this a couple of times and it works great. If you are coming in a few days early it will be nice to have the car to see the sights. There is no drop off fee. We've gotten some really good rates and been very happy with the way everything worked. Lynda

Just got a call from my TA. She said our air carrier will no longer be going into Miami (ATA). They will be dropping us into FLL. We are going in a couple days in advanced and staying at Hilton in Miami. The airport in Miami was only 6 miles to hotel now we are little over 30 miles. Anyone know the cost to taxi from FLL to Miami?

I learned by reading CC that many people prefer to fly to FLL for their Miami cruises because the airfare is often lower and FLL is less crazy. So we decided to do the same this time. I purposely booked flights from the Boston area to FLL for our Miami cruise and already have reservations on SAS Shuttle to and from the ship.

So, no worries. You can also find more info to alleviate any worries on the East Coast departure threads.

Happy Friday.

Archived