Spain Day Tours

onthegogirl

• 2 years later...

Hi,

i have just returned from a cruise around the Med.i actually used Top Day Tours on our visit to Motril.They transferred us to Granada and then provided the guides for our tour of the Alhambra Palace.

I could not fault them.The courier was outstanding offering endless useful information re Granada and the area.

The guide around the Alhambra was truly amazing.He was an endless source

of information.

I would recommend them to everyone.

They also have a site called Spain Day Tours.Also worth a good look.

Hi,

I just returned from a transatlantic cruise and used www.spaindaytours.com for 2 tours: one in Cadiz port for a tour to Seville, and another from Malaga for a tour to Granada. Both tours were awesome and very professional (guides, drivers, buses). They focus on smaller groups which is an advantage coming from a cruise ship. Our bus was always the first to leave and the first to return (on time as they guarantee). Not to mention they are about 50% less cost than the shore excursions from the cruise ships. There were about 40 of us on each of these tours and everyone was very pleased. I would definitely use them again and already recommended to a friend doing a cruise this summer.

• Thanks 1

It looks like I was on the same sailing as the last two posters. I used them in Motril for the Alhambra and downtown Granada tour. The other two are spot on in their reviews. We were taken on a regular size bus to Alhambra, but as soon as we got there, they broke us all up in to smaller group with different guides. There were about 10 to 12 in a group. Our guide was also a wealth of information.

From there, we were dropped off in downtown Granada center for free time. To get lunch and explore, being told to be back to the bus at a certain time. We found a cute little Tapas restaurant where we ate outside and let the chef pick some of his favorites for us, so it was fun. Then we explored, just walking through the quaint town.

Once back on the bus, we were off to the ship. We did have a guide on the bus giving us a lot of information before reaching Alhambra. I definitely also would recommend the company since yes, in reality, they ARE cheaper than the ship tours and they are smaller groups, which doesn't make it as overwhelming.

I hope the three of us have been able to give you the info you are seeking. I know they are a large company and also have connections with many other ports, but for us, we only used them in Motril.

Cathy

Just returned from a Windstar Cruise in which we used "Spain Day Tours" twice. Once in Almeria for Granada and once in Barcelona for Montserrat. Both tours were great. The guides very knowledgeable and gracious. Would highly recommend!

Hi We are interested in doing the Valencia city tour with Spaindaytours and want to include a brief stop at the Lladro store and museum. The factory will be closed on our day there. I have emailed them and they have indicated this is possible, but only on a private tour basis. Has anyone done this and any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Margee

• 2 months later...

I too just came back from a Spanish Med cruise and used Spainday/Topday tours. We had a great day from Cadiz to Seville. it was probably my favorite port. Xavier was wonderful and had alot of information. He was knowledgeable, friendly and flexible. Our tour group was very small, which made it even more enjoyable.

I highly recommend them in Cadiz.

• 2 weeks later...

Last fall we used SpainDayTours on a RCCL TA. They were great for the Alhambra tour. We had a fellow CC cruiser organize about 4-5 large luxury busses and we had a wonderful time! We were split up into small groups and taken all over by local guides once we got there. Do not hesitate to book them. We saw so mch and learned so much. it was the best excursion we ever had! We all paid online in advance and no one had issues with them.

Just remember that any excursion is dependent on the particular guide and in Cartagena we got "stuck" with two not so great guides on a trip to Murcia. We "jumped ship" from one guide to the next...but so did others so they both were not great! Regardless, we were in a new place seeing new things at a lower cost than the ship,( which did not even go there, )so we had a lovely day with new friends in spite of the guide. We did this excursion because we ad been to Cartegna before. That is a totally do-it-by-yourself city!

Top Day tour company allows 1 euro minimum deposit by credit card and pay balance in cash to the driver for private tours. It seems online advance full payment for 4 persons by credit card would eliminate carrying a lot of euros cash to be paid at the end of the tour. But does anyone see a disadvantage in advance full payment? Would this affect the quality of the tour? I read that the outcome of the tour could depend on the tour guide. Just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/ thoughts.

• 1 month later...
My husband and I just got back from a 14 day cruise around western Europe. We used Spain Day Tours for 2 of the 3 stops we had in Spain. We had a fabulous time with Debbie as our guide to Granada (from Motril) and Seville (from Cadiz). She met our group at the cruise boat both days and was very knowledgeable about this great country. My husband and I do not speak Spanish so we started the trip with a little trepidation about communication. Debbie immediately put us at ease and gave our group an incredible account of the history and current events of the areas we were traveling through. The local guides in Seville and the Alhambra were also very good. They were very knowledgeable about the area and great at communicating the information to our group. We will use Spain Day Tours when we return to Spain and would definitely recommend this company to anyone we meet. I only wish our group had been a little smaller, about 8 - 10 people instead of 15 - 16. Also, I appreciate Debbie getting us maps of Alhambra. I wish we had one from Alcazar.

Sounds like you were on our cruise on the Prinsendam. We did the same trips and thought they were very good. The size of the groups (up to 18) are disclosed pre-sign up, I was so happy they were not 40 like the ships tours :p. I found Debbie to be very good for the ride to the two cities and also found the local guides for the smaller groups to be excellent. All in all a great experience.

Having done a lot of traveling I must say this was one of the best companies I have used. We used them in Barcelona, the Alhambra , Granada, Seville (from Cadiz), Cartagena and Lisbon.

They are extremely helpful and when something wasn't available my account was immediately credited with the refund. This was even before I left home.

There are no communication problems with them. Just to give you a chuckle I wrote to them in Spanish and they always answered me in English.

Obviously I highly recommend them.

has anyone had experience with this company; the good?:) the bad? :(the ugly?:eek:

Just returned from Med cruise and took two wonderful tours with Top (Spain) Day Tours. One was from Malaga to Granada where wE toured The Alhambra and second was Cadiz to Seville. Buses were large and very comfortable and guides great .... Both tor guide for trip and the city guides. Recommend them highly.

• 1 month later...
has anyone had experience with this company; the good?:) the bad? :(the ugly?:eek:

We just returned from the Med Cruise - one stop was Valencia. We used the Top Day Tour for the Best of Valencia and Sagundo (a Roman site about 20 miles outside the city center) and had the wonderful time. Only 18 of us but the company sent out a large bus very roomy. The guide was very knowledgeable and sweet.

Valencia remains one of my favorite port and highly recommend to everyone about this company and will use the Top Day Tour again if we ever make back Spain again.

Truyen & Joe

We used Top (Spain) Day Tours last month to Seville (from Cadiz). The tour itself was great, but we encountered a 40 minute delay leaving the port. Apparently, there was some miscommunication between their Head Office and the local guide. Based on other positive responses, I think this was an unfortunate glich, and not the norm.

As the driving time from Cadiz to Seville is approx. 1.5 hours, we had a very early bus boarding time, 7:15 to 7:30 AM.

Once we arrived in Seville, our group of approx. 28 was split into 3 groups, each with their own local guide, who was excellent. The Alcazar palace and the surrounding old town are beautiful to explore. We also had two hours for lunch and to explore the area on our own.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from two week cruise that visited various ports in Spain. We used Top Day Tours a.k.a. Spain Day Tours in ports of Barcelona and Seville. Tours in both cities were top notch. For us, When relying on any other arrangement for shore excursions other than those offered by the cruise line, reliable and timely port pick up and drop off is essential as well as safe, comfortable vehicles with a flexible, friendly and knowledgeable guide. Our experience with this company was that they can deliver on all that.

• 4 weeks later...

we were in the same tours as biggerboat47, still sorry they had to cancel.

all the tours we took in cartagena, malaga, cadiz, lisbon and tenerife were great.

small groups, the buses were always of higher capacity so we had a confortable ride, the guides are very friendly and knowledgable.

as soon as we were off the ship,mthe guides and buses were waiting for us, in cartagena we were able to start our tour 30 min earlier because the ship arrived early and they were waiting for us. they are very promt and punctual and returned us to the ship always on time. one thing i liked is they would always start the tour by visiting the farthest place and leave the closest place to the port last, this was very helpful in lisbon because there was a demonstration innthe city center near the port that eventhough was peaceful, it created a lot of traffic, our tour guide saw this and took us around it and back to the ship on time. it was at the end of our tour.

another thing i really liked was that eventhough they gave us some time for souvenier shopping in each port, we wernt taken to the tipical tourist trap stores where they leave you for 1 hr almost forcing you to buy something. the tour guides were flexible and asked us if we wanted more or less time for sovenier shopping.

and also the price, comaperd to the ships tours, ours were about 40% cheaper.

i trully have no negative remarks, all was very good and wont hesitate to book with them again in the future, they are from now on my first choice in tour companies.

lazaro

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Spain Day Tours and booked a tour for November 27, 2013. This company was easy to work with and delivered exactly what they said they would. There were no flaws and we had a beautiful day. We would recommend this company highly to anyone. For a more detail review of our day and photos, please click on my Cartegena website page below:

https://constellationtransatlantic.shutterfly.com/cartgagenaandmurciahighlights

• 3 months later...

I could not recommend "Top Day Tours" more. Although the weather wasn’t particularly cooperative, I can not say enough good things about the company. Their guides could not have been more knowledgeable and professional and their transportation equipment is first rate. Overall, we had a wonderful tour experience and I shall look forward to using Top Tours again in my next European visit.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a transatlantic cruise and booked a tour through Spain Day Tours (although on site it was Top Day Tours) for an excursion from Malaga to Granada and the Alhambra.

Despite the inclement weather that no one could control, we had a great time on our tour of the Alhambra. Although I had some trepidation at going on an excursion outside of the cruise company, especially one involving such a long travel segment to and from the site, but my fears were unfounded. We were pleased to be greeted and directed to the bus directly outside the cruise terminal. The trip from Malaga to Granada was superbly narrated by our guide, pointing out all the key attractions and preparing us for our time at the Alhambra. Her reassurance that we would be back at the ship in plenty of time for departure helped calm our nerves so we could really enjoy the trip. The small group tour at the Alhambra was extremely informative and the sites were amazing, we just wish the rain had let up when we were outside rather than during our time inside. All in all we felt safe, secure and were very pleased to have a tour that cost about half of what the ship charged for the same tour, and we got to go with a smaller group.

We loved our small group tours of Seville, Granada and Cartagena. We recommend this tour company to anyone looking for a small van tours and great rates compared to the cruise lines.Spaindaytours.com was very professional and we never had a concern would highly recommend this group.

• 4 weeks later...

I just returned from a TA to Spain. We used Spain Day Tours (TopDayTours).

They are very professional and very reliable. If you happen to take the Malaga to Granada tour and the Cadiz to Seville tour and your guide is Debbie, you are in for a treat. She is very informative and personable. I highly recommend this company.

Elaine