Spain Day Tours

onthegogirl

We used Top Day Tours for our Granada/Alhambra Tour in April and were lucky to have gorgeous weather. Debbie was so entertaining and informative on the ride there and also very reassuring about our meeting the time constraints. She was amazed that the ship tours had time for lunch, so we definitely had more time in Alhambra, just snacking on the way. Our guide in Alhambra was also great. We highly recommend Top Day Tours.

Just booked this for 12/26.. Can't Wait!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a TA Barcelona - Port Everglades Oct, 2015. One of our group had initially put this together and the tour company kind of "took" over. For us, this was transparent and the entire experience was excellent.

We were met in Barcelona promptly and were on our way early. The coach was a big tight for a large guy like me but nonetheless, as comfortable as these things usually are. The guide was outstanding and very funny and did not miss anything. The driver was very good and courteous.

This was a trip to The Alhambra. When we arrived, we were split in to 3 groups. Our guide was so knowledgeable, enjoyable, and very thorough. It is a bit strenuous depending on your age and ability. This complex is not just one building but an enormous place with gorgeous grounds and buildings. Both Moorish and Christian.

The trip back to Malaga seemed to take a bit less time and we did go to the main square. It started pouring and everyone went their own way to have something to eat or shop. The bus met us at the appointed time and back to the ship.

We highly recommend this tour operator and this particular tour.

Looking at this tour company for pickup at Barcelona airport and 4 hour tour. Also looking at Montserrat tour and drop off at cruise port. Any one done these? Seems it would make those days stress free. We have one additional day to wander on our own. Thanks, Pam

Looking at this tour company for pickup at Barcelona airport and 4 hour tour. Also looking at Montserrat tour and drop off at cruise port. Any one done these? Seems it would make those days stress free. We have one additional day to wander on our own. Thanks, Pam

I just contacted Spain/Barcelona Day Tours for the opposite of what you need, picked up at the port and a tour to Montserrat and dropped off at our post-cruise hotel. They replied promptly and said they'd put us on for a semi-private tour. We are on the Epic in April.

I recently (late October 2015) used Barcelona Day Tours for the 4 hour day tour of Barcelona prior to being dropped off at the ship - RCCL Oasis of the Sea. The guide was awesome and spoke great English. He pretty much talked for four hours. We went through Barcelona and stopped at various places where Gaudi's work was featured and we stopped at Park Guell and Sagrada Familia. I'm ready to visit Spain again. [emoji2]

Barcelona Day Tours

Top-Day-Tours Group

http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com

Tel: +34-93-180-7009

Fax:+34 -93-372-8413

Email: info@BarcelonaDayTours.com

Booked this tour for the day we get off the ship!!

Just finished TA on VOS from Barcelona to Tampa. We had booked with Spain Day Tours on previous TA's and were very satisfied. Did the same again for Malaga to go to Granada. We ended up with 21 on the bus to Granada and then split into 2 groups for guided tour. They provide great service and guides and were always aware of time, ensuring a safe arrival back at the pier for ship's departure. Always glad to recommend their services.

George

• 1 month later...

We did several Spain Day Tours on our 50 day Mediterranean cruise. They are an excellent company. We were met at the ports by the tour guides, who spoke excellent English. The vans were comfortable, and the groups were small. We never had issues with getting back to the ship, but Spain Day guarantees they will get you to your ship on time - or they will get you to the next port - on their dime.

Don't hesitate to use this company. They are much cheaper than the ship's excursions.

We used this company for a private tour of the Ahlambra. They picked us up in Malaga and had an English speaking guide at the Ahlambra. All was just as explained in a very thorough email... I did book them for Barcelona but after realizing it was only a driving around tour and not entering any of the sites I cancelled and just bought tickets to a few places...

We did several Spain Day Tours on our 50 day Mediterranean cruise. They are an excellent company. We were met at the ports by the tour guides, who spoke excellent English. The vans were comfortable, and the groups were small. We never had issues with getting back to the ship, but Spain Day guarantees they will get you to your ship on time - or they will get you to the next port - on their dime.

Don't hesitate to use this company. They are much cheaper than the ship's excursions.

Did you use them to Seville? We would like to do Seville and Cordoba. We think this is possible as our ship is in Cadiz until 11pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by irismike View Post

was there a lot of walking on the tours that Spain Day Tour took you? thanks

They do stop at several sites which require walking. The stroll was fairly slow and if you opt not to walk the venues you could wait at the entrance and :cool: people watch. The most walking we did was from La Sagrada Familia to meet the bus. BTW, I was on the four hour tour.

Enjoy!

Edited by AquaQueenKitt
Sp

• 3 months later...

We just returned from a TA where we went on excursions arranged by Cruise Critic Members. Both tours were with Spain Day Tours and we were very pleased with both tours.

Our guides were waiting for us at each port and had a great command of the English language. They were very enthusiastic about their cities and loved sharing information with us.

The tours were conducted at a moderate pace. I have some mobility issues, but was easily able to stay up with the tour guide. There was a good balance of tour time and enough free time to go into shops or enjoy the local cuisine.

We look forward to many more excursions using Spain Day Tours.

We were recently (April 2016) on a Celebrity Reflection TA and used them for all ports in Spain including Tenerife. All were excellent tours and they got us back to the ship in plenty of time before sail away. Worked with Emilia Geronimo via EMAIL and all was setup great!

I will definitely use them again.

Just back from using them from Malaga to Alhambra. We booked a private tour, just the 2 of us. The driver was pleasant and very safe. The guide was fun, he adjusted our speed and what we wanted to do. He walked us to Grenada and took us to a tapas bar where he showed us how to oder., and shared beers, it felt like we were with a friend. I was worried spending that kind of money. But well spent. In fact the same price as our Seabourn group tour. I Would not hesitate to book them. I did based on this thread.

The Service was excellent. Our tour guides were amazing Pepe and Javier we're knowledgeable and friendly! The visited sites were amazing and Pepe ensure soon entrance without any issues. Everything was well explained and the pace of the tour specially with persons with limited mobility move from one place to other one without any issues. Jaime our driver drove very safe the bus. Definitivamente I will recommend and utilize your services again. Best price in Spain.

Thank you,

Rafael and Miriam Otero

• 5 weeks later...

We booked the Spain Day Tours excursion from the port of Cadiz to Seville which is at least an hour drive which cuts down on the time actually in Seville. The guide giving commentary during the drive was quite good.

However, we were disappointed in the way the trip was organized and especially in the guide, Carmen, who took over once we reached Seville. It was a fairly large group of at least 15. We were allowed about 5-10 minutes in the large, beautiful and archecturally interesting Plaza de Espana; there was minimal commentary here and the guide actually insulted someone who had left the group for a moment to take photos. Then we were hustled for a half hour walk through the 'old section' where the guide had very little history to impart and there was little of interest to see. There was a reasonable amount of time at the Alcazar. Unfortunately, the audio sets provided by the guide (not the Alcazar) for her commentary did not work well and had to be rebooted from time to time. When another tour member and I mentioned the audio problem to Carmen, the guide, she snapped at us not to bother her and to just stand right in front of her if we wanted to hear. We would have enjoyed the sites in our short time in Seville more if the tour had been paced a bit better and the guide was more informative and less rude.

• 2 weeks later...
We had a great experience with our tour to Seville with Spain Day Tours. Carman was very knowledgeable and a great lead. Vivi led our small group tour in the city and she was outstanding as well. This tour was a much better value and tour than Oceania's large group tour. Our group of six had a very enjoyable experience. Thank you for making it so.

Did you book a private tour for your group of 6?

We have just returned from TA Barcelona to FLL. We used Spain/ Top Day Tours for port call in Cadiz. They picked us up promptly had us on the road to Seville. They used a full bus, but once in Seville we were spit into small 15 person group. The tour was well led and the guide very knowledgeable. With limited time because of travel distance, we still got to experience the major sites of Seville. Had no concerns about returning to the ship on time. Highly recommend this tour company for shore excursions.

Could you please email me at pinksensations at excite dot com.

We have alot of cruising history which is the same including upcoming cruises! I have a question for you

was there a lot of walking in the tours you took. thanks.

I can respond for the Alhambra ex Malaga having visited a few weeks ago. Spain Day tours had to cancel our tour due to ticket availability but I was able to take a ships excursion (RCI)

I understand that there has to be a separate guide from the Alhambra and this seems to be a well oiled process. Think the tour takes about an hour and a half? They were mindful of people tiring and gave a couple of opportunities to sit out. There will be likely to be some standing in line and certainly a smaller group would be an advantage. (We were told that the Alhambra has maximum limit of 25 in a group touring.)

I would say the tour is generally well paced and the number of steps is quite manageable. I personally found the most strenuous part to be at the very end walking up steep slope in full sun to hotel for lunch at end of tour! I could imagine touring Granada after would be (too) tiring for some but you would surely be able to tailor to your requirements.