Spain Day Tours

onthegogirl

Did Spain Day tours cancel at the last minute? Or in advance. I'm so excited to visit Alhambra, I'd be so bummed if they cancelled

If visiting the Alhambra is so important to you I would not risk Spain Day Tours cancelling at the last minute and would book a guaranteed ships excursion.

To be honest, IMO the Alhambra is grossly overrated and the Alcazaba in Malaga is just as interesting -

Edited by campolady

For the record, Spain Day Tours cancelled about 10 days before the start of our cruise.

They had advised that they were awaiting extra tickets becoming available and unfortunately this proved not to be. If you have been informed tickets have been purchased I would hope that they would be highly unlikely to cancel.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from the Iberian peninsula cruise of Celebrity July 1-13, 2016. Our party of 8 used Spain Day Tours for all our shore excursions in Spain and Oporto Tours for Portugal.

We enjoyed our tours with Spain Day Tours with their professional and very knowledgeable guides. They are all mindful of the time to get back to the ship.

I particularly like Mikel in Bilbao. He is passionate with the arts, when he guided us through the Guggenheim museum. We were not initially interested to get inside due to some low review but I liked Mikel's explanations of the displayed arts. He is also patient as he explained to us the transporter and accompanied us to the other side of the river.

Most of our tours require a lot of walking on uneven streets, which is described in the tour description.

It was hot in Alhambra so the walking felt more tedious. The guide has a time limit to show the Alhambra, therefore, we had no time to stop and rest in between. There was a short WC stop and that was all. I think it was alright because we got done with it, then lunch and rest. We had a lot of time after the tour to rest.

Spain Day Tours also has small groups so we had a better interaction with guides. And.....the price is right.

Oporto Tours is the best in Portugal ports. Small group of 8 max, Mercedes Benz van, professional guide. Ana in Porto was great. It was like a friend/relative showing us the city of Porto. She took us to her favorite restaurant in the fishermen's village. Fresh seafood, very reasonable price.

Oporto Tours for professional, knowledgeable guides. And the price is right.

Thanks for reading.

• 1 month later...

Our experience with Spain Day Tours has been very positive. We thoroughly enjoyed our tours in 2015 from Vigo and La Caruna. They were extremely professional and reliable. The guides on our tours were well versed and looked after us like family. They were very careful to return our group to the ship in a timely manner. Emilia in their office was excellent in returning my emails and followed through in all matters. We will use this company whenever we are in Spain.

For the record, Spain Day Tours cancelled about 10 days before the start of our cruise.

They had advised that they were awaiting extra tickets becoming available and unfortunately this proved not to be. If you have been informed tickets have been purchased I would hope that they would be highly unlikely to cancel.

You were lucky, ours was cancelled very last minute :mad:

If visiting the Alhambra is so important to you I would not risk Spain Day Tours cancelling at the last minute and would book a guaranteed ships excursion.

To be honest, IMO the Alhambra is grossly overrated and the Alcazaba in Malaga is just as interesting -

HI Campolady,

I read with great interest your comment about the Alhambra in Granada vs. seeing the Alcazaba in Malaga. We will be in Malaga Port for 1 day next May and are trying to decide if it is worth the drive time round trip to go to Granada to see the Alhambra. I originally thought that would be a must see for us but not sure how much actual touring time we would have there with the lost time to get to and from, vs. staying in Malaga and seeing Alcazba. Can you please offer more details and suggestions to guide us in making a good decision on how to best plan our day. Thanks for your help!

I just used Spain Day Tours twice while on a Windstar cruise from Lisbon to Barcelona. Our group of 6 was picked up at Lisbon airport, and we were given a Lisbon city tour for 4 hours and dropped off at our hotel at the end.

We also used Spain Day Tours for the Alhambra with transfer from Almeria.

All the guides and drivers were first rate. The vehicles were large, comfortable, and sufficiently air conditioned (very important in Spain and Portugal in early September.) The prices were significantly lower than those offered by the cruise ship, and how nice not to be traveling in large buses!

Excellent communication throughout, and all was very professionally done!

We are just back from our cruise from Amsterdam down to Rome with stops in Spain. We used Spain Day Tours for our trip from Cadiz to Seville and they were great. Our driver was right there waiting for us at the port, our guide was a wealth of information and very easy to understand. We were just a group of six and our tour was listed as an unguided transfer to Seville and a guided walking tour with free time at the end. Our driver, Raul,did speak some Engiish and pointed out a lot of sights along the way. At the end of our tour we really felt like we had seen it all and opted to back to Cadiz with Raul where he showed us some the city including their beautiful beach and the big church. We could have stayed in Seville for another hour or so but then we would have missed seeing Cadiz in the day time since our ship was in port from 1pm to 11pm. It was a great tour, a great time and I only wish we had booked more them, especially in Bilboa where the company we booked was a no show, no call......

We are just back from our cruise from Amsterdam down to Rome with stops in Spain. We used Spain Day Tours for our trip from Cadiz to Seville and they were great. Our driver was right there waiting for us at the port, our guide was a wealth of information and very easy to understand. We were just a group of six and our tour was listed as an unguided transfer to Seville and a guided walking tour with free time at the end. Our driver, Raul,did speak some Engiish and pointed out a lot of sights along the way. At the end of our tour we really felt like we had seen it all and opted to back to Cadiz with Raul where he showed us some the city including their beautiful beach and the big church. We could have stayed in Seville for another hour or so but then we would have missed seeing Cadiz in the day time since our ship was in port from 1pm to 11pm. It was a great tour, a great time and I only wish we had booked more them, especially in Bilboa where the company we booked was a no show, no call......

Mr. Click, Do you mind sharing who you were booking for Bilbao since they did not show. I am looking at Spain Day Tours as well as another company for our time in Bilbao. Certainly do not want to risk booking with a "No Show" Company.

Would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

I will share that info as soon as I get word from my friend from our roll call who booked it. She pre-paid the entire tour and they guy double booked and just did a no show on us. We were left scrambling on the pier and in Bilboa they are not allowed to sell tours like the do in most ports. As soon I as I get word that she has her refund in hand I will let you know the rest of the info. The operator made an honest mistake but the way he handled it was all wrong.

I will share that info as soon as I get word from my friend from our roll call who booked it. She pre-paid the entire tour and they guy double booked and just did a no show on us. We were left scrambling on the pier and in Bilboa they are not allowed to sell tours like the do in most ports. As soon I as I get word that she has her refund in hand I will let you know the rest of the info. The operator made an honest mistake but the way he handled it was all wrong.

Who else is recommended or have you used in Spain for port tours? This company is now booking large bus loads of 45 from the ships, now loosing the individualism.

We did the same tour - well worth the investment of the time to go to Seville. Top Day Tours was great! They were flexible with our groups request to modify the sequence of events on the tour so that we could see the cathedral (our ship arrived at 1) and the transport was comfortable and prompt. The entire process of booking and follow up before the trip was top notch! You will be in good hands with them.

• 2 weeks later...

We used them (Spain Day Tours) to travel to the Alhambra from Malaga where our cruise ship was berthed. Tour guide Debbie was fantastic and I can thoroughly recommend them without hesitation. I think everybody on our coach trip from the ship was very happy.

We used them (Spain Day Tours) to travel to the Alhambra from Malaga where our cruise ship was berthed. Tour guide Debbie was fantastic and I can thoroughly recommend them without hesitation. I think everybody on our coach trip from the ship was very happy.

Hi Everyone, I highly recommend Spain Day tours! Did three tours with them last week, all were great and very educational! We were back to the pier on time, not to worry. Worked with Geofry and Christine. Tour guides were great! Do book with them!

We just got back from a Spain /Portugal cruise on Celebrity Equinox. We used Spain Day Tours/Top Day Tours for full day trips to Lisbon (Sintra, Cascais and Lisbon) Seville (boat was docked in Cadiz), and Granada (boat was docked in Malaga). Everything went very well. The company is very professional starting with correspondence, booking and payment, the wonderful tour guides, transportation to the cities in large buses and then broken down into small groups, and the pacing of the tours. We have used this same company in Valencia and also Barcelona in the past and have had no complaints. I would not hesitate to use them again.

We just got back from a Spain /Portugal cruise on Celebrity Equinox. We used Spain Day Tours/Top Day Tours for full day trips to Lisbon (Sintra, Cascais and Lisbon) Seville (boat was docked in Cadiz), and Granada (boat was docked in Malaga). Everything went very well. The company is very professional starting with correspondence, booking and payment, the wonderful tour guides, transportation to the cities in large buses and then broken down into small groups, and the pacing of the tours. We have used this same company in Valencia and also Barcelona in the past and have had no complaints. I would not hesitate to use them again.

We were on the same cruise with dtown and the same Spain Day Tours. I would also highly recommend this company for your tour needs in Spain and Portugal. Very professional and efficient from the first enquiry to the end of each tour. Clear and concise information for port/hotel pick-ups, great guides, comfortable buses. They are well aware of time constraints and getting everyone back to the ship in plenty of time for sailing.

We were on this same cruise and the same tours. I totally agree. Spain Day Tours made it possible for us to see so much of the key places to see from the ports we visited. I would book them again for any tour they offer in Spain.

We also were on the same cruise as the above posters and used Spain Day Tours/Top Day Tours. From Lisbon we took their tour to Sintra and Cascais. Our guide was terrific and we had a great day. We also used them from Malaga on day 1 of our 2 day stay to go to the Alhambra. All arrangements were as advertised and their prices are very reasonable. I would definitely use them again.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this, life got in the way. In Lisbon we used Lisbon Walkers, very nice 4 hour walking tour for just 6 of us and our guide knew great places to send us for lunch after the walk and gelato after lunch. The company that did a no show/no call on us in Bilboa is toursofbasque.com. They are a husband and wife team, she drives, he guides. I understand that things happen, mistakes are made but the real test is how you handle those mistakes and they did a poor job of it with us. Once we finally got him on the phone he claimed our tour was for two days later. Our friend who booked the tour and paid for it in advance had all of her emails showing the correct date. We later found out that the "other" group was also from our roll call and while they enjoyed the tour the company's van broke down once they got back from the Basque country so they had to cab back to the ship from Bilboa. Doing my own research I found google to be my friend but plan well ahead because on the days that ships are in the guides get very very busy. I used to rely heavily on trip advisor too but now they are part of Viator I don't really trust them as much. We did a Viator tour of Park Guell in Barcelona after our cruise and it was just a waste. Poorly planned, poorly executed. Promised a small group walking tour and there were 30 of us......