Lanyards?

scrapmamma

I plan on wearing a lanyard (and I always wear one on vacation because we typically go to Vegas) because I have slight OCD.

If I cannot see my ID and room key, I will stop every few minutes to make sure they are still there.

Haha, this is exactly how I am.

On our last trip we bought Harry Potter lanyard and we will be using them on our next cruise as well. Does not matter to me at all what others think, it's for my peace of mind and also less chance of my kids losing theirs :D

I use a lanyard. To begin with, I don't care what others think - if they want to be childish and get their nose up in the air thinking I'm a "beginner cruiser" because of it, have at it.

But, on my lanyard, I have about 25 or 30 pins, one for every port of call we've ever been to. Along with my RCI status pin, anyone who has a clue should be able to put 2+2 together that I'm not a beginner.

The pins make a great conversation piece as well I've discovered over the years - I often get asked several times a day where I got them all, the stories behind them, that sort of thing.

Enjoy your cruise and don't fret about what others who have nothing better to do are thinking about.

This is a pretty neat idea, if we do wear lanyards on our cruise this October it'll be our first cruise together my first ever cruise, would be a neat way to commemorate the first perhaps many cruises together. We'll be cruising from Miami to Nassau, to Half Moon Cay, and back to Miami. We also like to collect magnets, Christmas ornaments, etc. One of my things is collecting Hard Rock Cafe shirts so I will probably be dragging the wife to the one in Nassau to buy a shirt lol.

It is funny that this thread is 8 years old and yet still gets some people's undies in a bunch. Some people like to be snobs and act like anyone who wears one is dumb rather than just leave it be and to each their own. It's a personal preference. We probably will wear lanyards for the convenience of it.

We wear lanyards as it is easy and convenient, but I make them. It’s easy and cheap and you can have any colours or design you like. These are some I made for our last cruise.

5e6ba502a3eb97651a2669258bb2a3c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums