Not a beach person - but need to find some beaches.

ESMBDS

Hi!

I'm not really a water person, but I'm determined to go snorkeling with my boyfriend when we cruise in a few weeks. I'm not interested in really booking any tours that will take us to the beach.

Need some recs on where to go in Nassau, Grand Bahama and Great Stirrup Cay. Preferably a beach with some hotel/shopping/restaurant access near by.

Thanks.

Stacey

In Grand Bahama (Freeport) get off boat and take a Cab/Van to Lucya (sp?) the cab driver will know. should be $5/person each way

Nassau We have only been to Cabbage Beach near Atlantis. Take Water Taxi $3 per person each way......Get on across from Straw Market. Waves can be a little rough but water is still beautiful.

It sounds like we did the same cruise and we went snorkelling in Freeport through Pat and Diane's snorkelling and really enjoyed it. My boyfriend has snorkelled before and I had never been and we both had a great time! Their staff and everything was awesome! After snorkelling you'd be able to enjoy Our Lucaya before heading back to the ship - there are beaches, shopping, restaurants etc. there. There's pretty much something for everyone.

I am not a big beach person, so I did not want to commit to buying a day pass. We were in Nassau the last week of August on the NCL Jewel and my daughter and I walked to the public beach on the other side of the British Colonial Hilton and hung out there for a couple of hours. There were a lot of cruise passengers there and I felt very safe. There are stands selling drinks and Kahliks. I think it was called Lighthouse Beach. For lunch you could always eat at a local restaurant that you pass on the way.

Archived