Weather on canary islands cruise

infoqueen

Have been thinking of booking the cruise around the canaries for February 2011 but my hubby reckons that it will be very rocky. Can anybody enlighten me on this as I am prone to motion sickness, in fact have been suffering double vision since I arrived back off the spirit last friday although seem to be getting better now. We went to tenerife last february and the weather was'nt that good. Whats your experience of this cruise any info will be greatly received and used as a bargaining tool against other half. lol

Thanks all

Shirley (Not Valentine)

Hi Shirley

Glad you're feeling better. February might be a bit changeable, March would be better but you can't always tell at that time of year. We went 22nd March and had quite a good week, some cloud and not too hot. We were on the beach sunbathing at Lanzarote and Gran Canaria, got the bus to Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife to the Lido and had a nice afternoon there. The sea was pretty good until the last stretch from La Palma to Funchal when it was a little choppy and we were a bit queezy for a couple of hours in the evening (medication and wrist bands got rid of it) but I believe that it is often like that as there is nothing to break the waves coming from America.:):)

Jan

Hello

I live in Tenerife and in November 2009 we went on the cruise around the Canary Islands. Weather was very rough and I joined a big queue of people at the medical centre to get the anti-sea sickness injection. It was quite rough a couple of the days we were on that cruise. The crew were commenting on how bad the weather was that week.

In January this year we went on it again and the weather was so much better and the sea was a lot calmer. I didn't need to take any sea sickness tablets at all although I (along with a lot of other passengers) did get Noro Virus.

The worst weather does seem to be when leaving La Palma and heading towards Madeira.

Hello

I live in Tenerife and in November 2009 we went on the cruise around the Canary Islands. Weather was very rough and I joined a big queue of people at the medical centre to get the anti-sea sickness injection. It was quite rough a couple of the days we were on that cruise. The crew were commenting on how bad the weather was that week.

In January this year we went on it again and the weather was so much better and the sea was a lot calmer. I didn't need to take any sea sickness tablets at all although I (along with a lot of other passengers) did get Noro Virus.

The worst weather does seem to be when leaving La Palma and heading towards Madeira.

Don't know whats worse sea sickness or noro virus looking at maybe going to mexico instead unfortunately (or not maybe as we love it) we live on a park home site that is'nt co mpletely residential so it closes for feb every year so thats why we usually go away for a week or two then.

Archived