Looking for a NON-Beach tour in St Kitts

granny2003

We will be in St Kitts on November 13, 2010 (RCCL) and I am looking for a NON-Beach tour.

Has anyone done any of these tours?

Essential St. Kitts Tour - KT21

Panoramic St. Kitts - KT16

Easy St. Kitts - KT57

Independent tour recommended by others:

Royston's Tours

Rose and Jim

My husband has some mobility issues so any help would be appreciated.

We will be in St Kitts on November 13, 2010 (RCCL) and I am looking for a NON-Beach tour.

Has anyone done any of these tours?

Essential St. Kitts Tour - KT21

Easy St. Kitts - KT57

Independent tour recommended by others:

Royston's Tours

Rose and Jim

My husband has some mobility issues so any help would be appreciated.

I have done Royston's Tour and enjoyed it very much. He is extremely flexible and will customize tours according to what you want. I would check with him to see if he can accommodate someone with serious mobility issues. How bad are you husband's mobility issues (for example - wheelchair ?, cane?, just some walking issues?)

I have arthritic knees and other medical issues and I had no problem doing a tour which involved some stairs (especially to get up to the fort at Brimstone Hill)(You can still see the lower buildings - magazine and blockhouse without going up stairs but to get up to the main fortress stairs are involved).

Zeno,

My husband uses a cane and cannot walk for long periods of time; stairs are a real challenge.

I will drop an email to Royston.

Thinking specifically of Brimstone Hill - which really is the only frequently visited site with "lots" of stairs - your husband might not be able to make it up to the fort itself but tours do drive to the lower level - where there are great views and a good view of the fort and the other buildings are at that level - so I think that he could still get something from a visit there. The stairs in question are very large and not steep BUT sort of "slope" downward a bit - I found that it actually made going DOWN the stairs a bit more challenging than up. I saw people with canes do the stairs but I think only your husband can judge for himself if he can do them. If I see a picture that shows the stairs well I will post it. There are plenty of places to sit once you get up the stairs (the battlements themselves and some benches).

The following page has a VERY good photo of what the steps are like:

http://www.google.ca/images?q=Brimstone+Hill+%2B+photos&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=vSCNTIeIKYP78AaMqYD3Cw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQsAQwAA&biw=1129&bih=708

Archived