tipping question

Bustersmom

Yes, it is acceptable. We normally give our cabin steward and waiters (traditional dining) an extra cash tip at the end of our cruise. We will also tip the steward a few dollars if we have guests to our cabin and make more than our usual mess that has to be cleaned up.

On one cruise, I asked to the pursar for some guideance. He was very reluctant to suggest a dollar amount.

He finally confided, that the ships' officer's have steards just like the passengers. The ship compensates the officer's stewards the same as the passengers. He said he and his cabin mate, personally tipped their steward $20 each per week in addition to the ship's compensation.

I think you could assume that the steward gets $3.50 per day per person yielding a total of $49 per two person cabin for the week.

- Some people leave no tip.

- A tip of $10 for the cabin is 20% higher (than $49)

- A tip of $20 for the cabin seems like a nice round number to me.

- A tip of $40 for the cabin seems like alot to me (Relative to $49), but apparently is the norm for some of the officers.

I think you go with you own judgement.

We Ussually Just Go With The Atomatic Tip. This Last Week On The Diamond P. Our Steward (leonil) Was So Wonderful And Attentive And Took Such Good Caro Of Us, We Tipped Him $50.00. We Also Had Great Waiters And Asst. Waiter (angelo And Randy) We Gave Them Both $20.00. We Did Not Think We Were Expected To Give Extra Tips And They Would Have Given Us Wonderful Help Anyway. But They Worked So Hard We Had To Reward Them.

I Did Think Taht I Would Rater Have Only Tipped The People Who Gave Us Such Good Service, But I Understand That If We Rook The Automatic Tip Off, They Would Have To Give Up The Tips We Gave Them And It Would Reflect On Them Negativly.

I Wish Princess Did Not Have The Automatic Tips Off And Pay Their Staff A Living Wage

Archived