book early or last minute???

luvtoswim

AmberT

We too have booked first time on Princess for next year, and really looking forward to the experience. What and where is the "last minute ticker thing" you refer to, it sounds interesting!!

It is an online TA that runs a 90 day sailing rate for ships cutting costs. I don't think you can name TA's on this board..but it is VERY well known. I usally book direct..but I do use them sometimes and I have been pleased. Outside of the Cruise lines, you cannot beat them for accurate rates. My DH also gets a military rate on a few lines...and they have rates for those too. Ditto Senior Rates. Ditto past passenger. Ditto local rates. Not tons of personal attention but plenty of facts and easy to access. I like them Never found them to be wrong on a price or not to quote the lowest price.

Where do you sign up to get information for Princess Flash Sales? I have never received info from Princess about them. Do we rely on our TA or other online cruise websites?

Contact your favorite Cruise TA.....

When I am interested in a last minute cruise, I always call them and tell them what I am possibly looking for and she lets me know the flash specials available at the time. This is why it is handy (IMO) to have a travel agent.

We booked months ago and got an excellent price for an oceanview for our next cruise. But just this past week, Princess announced a flash sale and we could have gotten a balcony for less than we put down for the oceanview. When our TA called to request a category change, he was turned down as this was for new bookings only. I know its the rules but it still stinks! :mad:

That sale is so good that hooked us who already did 2 cruises this year (Feb on crown and April on Eurodam to Europe) and did not intend to cruise again until April 2011 for another Transatlantic... But for that Oct 9 Emerald 10-days, who can resist that price if one can pick up and go? We purchased Saturday night. I see there are still about 1 1/2 doz cabins available so it could come down further - but we are happy with our price - both my TA and I agree that we have not seen Caribbean sailings go this low, on such a nice ship... Would be our 3rd time on Emerald - the previous times were 2 Transatlantic cruises in 2008.

It is ALWAYS last minutes to us - but the last minutes can be a full month before sailing or 2 weeks before sailing - we take the approach of "If the price is very attractive, then why not?"

always book early,to get the cabin we want,

than if price comes down before final payment

i have ta get me the lower price.

after final payment i do not worry about the price,

since i have the cabin i want.:)

Getting costs for Caribbean cruise next year from a travel agent and i asked her if we booked and the price goes down by final payment date would we get the lower price like we did a couple of years ago and she said No Princess have stopped that now.

Getting costs for Caribbean cruise next year from a travel agent and i asked her if we booked and the price goes down by final payment date would we get the lower price like we did a couple of years ago and she said No Princess have stopped that now.

I don't think so. We have gotten reductions for our October 2010 cruise before final payment, no problem. Your Ta probably doesn't want to go through the effort and lose some of her/his commissioon.

I would look for another agent. Princess has not stopped that.

I would look for another agent. Princess has not stopped that.

Well i did tackle my TA again on this and she phoned Princess and again was told that they have stopped it, she did say that she knows that RCL & Cunard still offer the lower prices but not Princess.

Maybe Ill call them direct and see what they say.

Well i did tackle my TA again on this and she phoned Princess and again was told that they have stopped it, she did say that she knows that RCL & Cunard still offer the lower prices but not Princess.

Maybe Ill call them direct and see what they say.

I can tell you that I have 2 cruises booked and last week had a price reduction on both of them. Final payment is this week and next week for these cruises.

RCCL recently changed their policy and it is sort of confusing (and I really haven't followed it as I don't have any RCCL cruises booked).

If you book late you may not get a cabin at all. It's really a crapshoot. You can book early and still get credited if the price goes down before final payment.

Huh? Unless you MUST go on a particular cruise - no cabin? No problemo. Another cruise, may even be another line.

We had a Fabulous HAL Eurodam TATL this April when Ruby's price wouldn't drop fast enough. First time tried HAL and really like it. Plan to do the same next April. HAL's has better itineraries than Princess as well.

There are so many ships sailing every imaginable routes, unless you are very very picky, and have inflexible schedule, there is no reason not to book late. Even my cruise agent agrees with that! We are her better customers because there are very little work involved - almost always one single pay in full amount once we decided - from initial booking to everything is set in stone, less than 2 days for the most part.

RCCL recently changed their policy and it is sort of confusing.

New policy says that you are entitled to any price reduction that occurs within 48 hours after you made the reservation.

From their web site: "The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made."

New policy says that you are entitled to any price reduction that occurs within 48 hours after you made the reservation.

From their web site: "The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made."

I thought I heard that if the price goes down after that, they may do upgrades??? That is the part I was confused on. I just found the section you pulled that quote from and it didn't mention any upgrades.

Wow, we thought it was already rock bottom at $495 before tax inside cabin for Emerald Oct 9 10day South Caribbean so we immediately purchased it last Saturday night. At the time there were 12 cabins to choose from.

Yesterday I saw an online agency lowered the price to $447 but Princess still showed the same $495. Today Princess went down to $447 also... There are still 12 cabins to choose from and the guarantee categories. Some cabin numbers are new to me. I guess Princess is releasing them as price goes down.

This is one cheap cruise even at the price we paid. Now it is even $100 cheaper... I guess the lesson learned is, if you dont plan on to go a cruise, wait till 2 weeks or 1 week out instead of 3 weeks out until only guarantee is available... :p

Yesterday I saw an online agency lowered the price to $447 but Princess still showed the same $495. Today Princess went down to $447 also... There are still 12 cabins to choose from and the guarantee categories. Some cabin numbers are new to me. I guess Princess is releasing them as price goes down.

WOW! That is pretty cheap!

Archived