What percentage of cruisers would you say read cruise critic threads?

According to Answers.com, roughly 34 million passengers take a cruise holiday each year. Cruise Critic has approximately 615,000 members. That includes those that have left or no longer post. It doesn't include non registered lurkers.

With those figures the percentage is about 1.8%. That means on a ship with 3000 people, you could expect about 60 CC members. Remember, figures don't lie, but liars sure can figure.:D

I think we are a select minority and with the lurkers who do not register I'd say it is 2-4% of the cruising world. Being on the boards has helped me a lot in our planning and enables me to get the very most out of each trip so thanks to everyone who contributes.

I think it probably is more than 1% since not all Cruise Critic remember or even care to show up at a Meet and Mingle. One cruise we had over 25 members to sign up for our Meet and Mingle but on 5 or 6 bothered to show up. And this number included both my sister and I.

Whenever I mention CC to others I know that cruise, at least 50% of them have either heard of it or read it. None admit to posting though lol. I think a better question would be how many people who cruise more than once are on here. There are a lot of people who cruise every year for family events-wedding, reunions, etc who will never do it again so this board has little interest for them. They tend to leave everything up to the person planning the event and never research anything themselves. One of the reasons they end up disappointed or mad about something because they didn't "know" something they should have. I found this site 8 months or so before our first cruise because I research everything and it made a huge difference in our first cruise. I know things that frequent cruisers who don't use CC don't know.

Archived