New and exciting uses for the WOW phones

Here is a Q&A from right here in CC that briefly discusses the WOW phone/Royal Connect...it's the subject of the third question....

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1048

Here is a post from another thread that has a picture of on of the phones...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24755852&postcount=12

Thanks for that link, Scott.

I started to read some of the other Q & A's.

I wonder when they put up that page, because they have already raised the prices:

Q: Can we access the internet using laptops from our cabin?

A: Wi-Fi is available in each cabin for a fee (standard RCI rates apply; starts at roughly 55 cents per minute, packages bring that rate down). To use it, passengers must first go to the Internet cafe, swipe their keycards and create individual accounts.

Good morning everyone, I hope this finds you well on this wonderful Saturday morning.

I was wide awake last night and something occurred to me that I don't recall ever seeing discussed on here. My mind works in rather unusual ways at the best of times, but get me at 3:47am, when I should be sleeping, and I seem to reach a whole new level of bizarreness. :)

Here's what I was wondering: With the functionality of the WOW phones that have the "Guest Finder" feature, what other new and creative uses could someone find for that function?

The first one that crossed my mind was a way to track your luggage on that first day before it gets delivered to your stateroom. Have one person sign in without any luggage, board the ship, sign up for the WOW phones and then leave the ship, put a phone in the checked luggage, then give the luggage to the porters.

Get back on board and use the "guest finder" feature to track the bag(s) and make sure they don't get lost or delivered to the wrong stateroom.

I can see so many uses for this functionality, anyone else have any other ideas how it could be used?

:D:D:D

Have a great day!

-Have a function to view all deck plans of the ship. The maps are already loaded into the software as it shows the deck plan when the gps tags are used.

-Show your dinner and show reservations on the phone

-Allow dinner and show reservations to be made on the phone.

-Allow the use of wifi internet on the phone once you purchase minutes.

Overall i thought the phone worked great although i mainly used it to keep track of my 2 kids.

Archived