Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Hey, Joby,

You know, because you're a bargain shopper, you would have had no difficulty finding coral, aqua, Granny Smith apple green in the bargain bins this year because they were absolutely everywhere in the spring. Those colors were the absolute easiest to find when I first started shopping. In fact, I could stand in the middle of most department stores, do a 360-degree spin, and locate those colors all over the store!

I don't know if you're a Chicos shopper. That store always has a bargain bin type section on its website. They have a new-ish color in their Travelers fabric, which either appeals to you or doesn't (the fabric I mean). There are now 2 browns: one is called Chocolate and a much deeper, darker one is called Chocolate Chip. Sometimes they embellish the Chocolate Chip with bright gold accents and those tops are absolutely fabulous! I love the Chocolate Chip more as a basic neutral for all the Fire colors, but the Chocolate will work in a pinch.

Right now, the texture and weight of fabric seems to be keeping the brightness of the color a little bit down in tone. What I've been doing is just trying to find some jackets with a little bit of gold thread interwoven through, to give it the bling that I'm looking for. But, I've had to resort to more camel and warm ivory colors for fall. I've located some warm denim so that's been my wardrobe updates for this season. I'll try to post some pictures on the original season thread (because I don't want to highjack this thread :).

Hey, Joby,

You know, because you're a bargain shopper, you would have had no difficulty finding coral, aqua, Granny Smith apple green in the bargain bins this year because they were absolutely everywhere in the spring. Those colors were the absolute easiest to find when I first started shopping. In fact, I could stand in the middle of most department stores, do a 360-degree spin, and locate those colors all over the store!

I don't know if you're a Chicos shopper. That store always has a bargain bin type section on its website. They have a new-ish color in their Travelers fabric, which either appeals to you or doesn't (the fabric I mean). There are now 2 browns: one is called Chocolate and a much deeper, darker one is called Chocolate Chip. Sometimes they embellish the Chocolate Chip with bright gold accents and those tops are absolutely fabulous! I love the Chocolate Chip more as a basic neutral for all the Fire colors, but the Chocolate will work in a pinch.

Right now, the texture and weight of fabric seems to be keeping the brightness of the color a little bit down in tone. What I've been doing is just trying to find some jackets with a little bit of gold thread interwoven through, to give it the bling that I'm looking for. But, I've had to resort to more camel and warm ivory colors for fall. I've located some warm denim so that's been my wardrobe updates for this season. I'll try to post some pictures on the original season thread (because I don't want to highjack this thread :).

Hi Member123,

Yes, I've had good luck with the green, aqua and coral and even the bright orange/red. I would like to branch out more and get some of the other colors though and am having trouble finding either summmer or winter clothing in the other colors (at least that I'm sure of).

Is the Chico's chocolate chip color the warm brown on Curt's color cards?

In this T-shirt (Carmela Tee Style: 570000228)--

these colors would be considered Fire:

Chocolate

Island coral

Lime

Melon

Dresden blue (is this a warm blue?)

I also took the hint from "Anita Latte" and went to Lowe's and matched up some of the Olympic paint color cards to Curt's color cards. I think that will be helpful as it gives me a little more range while staying in the color chip that I need to be in. Does that make sense?

Thanks so much for the concrete examples of the colors. That's what I'm hoping to find so that I can compare and contrast :)

I'm a HUGE barginista. I got 2 tops yesterday for under $3 and each was originally $24. That's my style if at all possible :) :) :)

Hi Member123,

Yes, I've had good luck with the green, aqua and coral and even the bright orange/red. I would like to branch out more and get some of the other colors though and am having trouble finding either summmer or winter clothing in the other colors (at least that I'm sure of).

Is the Chico's chocolate chip color the warm brown on Curt's color cards?

In this T-shirt (Carmela Tee Style: 570000228)--

these colors would be considered Fire:

Chocolate

Island coral

Lime

Melon

Dresden blue (is this a warm blue?)

I also took the hint from "Anita Latte" and went to Lowe's and matched up some of the Olympic paint color cards to Curt's color cards. I think that will be helpful as it gives me a little more range while staying in the color chip that I need to be in. Does that make sense?

Thanks so much for the concrete examples of the colors. That's what I'm hoping to find so that I can compare and contrast :)

I'm a HUGE barginista. I got 2 tops yesterday for under $3 and each was originally $24. That's my style if at all possible :) :) :)

Member123 (Pam), it's a foolish story why my screen name is what it is.

You know, the Dresden Blue "might" be warm and it might be cool. Same with the Lime; it's hard to tell on my screen whether that would have a cool or a warm undertone.

I'm going to "out" myself and let you know that "Anita Latte" is my daughter. One of the things that she taught me to do is to compare colors on websites by doing the following: put together a collage of the color that you're considering, for example.... blue. Find a blue that you're positive is a Fire blue... like the aqua. Then add the blue that you're considering... like the Dresden Blue. You might have to do this with several windows open. Do you understand what I'm trying to describe? Then, when you have all the blues on your monitor, take a look at them and figure out which colors advance toward you. The warmer colors will advance while the cooler colors will appear to recede. Again, does this make sense to you?

It's an interesting exercise. If you go to Chicos website and just put the word "dresden" into the search box, you'll get a screen that has two tops on it... both are called Dresden Blue. Doesn't make any sense does it? The one on the right is clearly a light, icy blue. The depth of the color for the one on the left is throwing the color into a confusion space. But you can tell that the value of the color seems to carry the same weight... again, kwim?.... and neither one seems to advance or recede from the other. Play a little bit and click on the Chocolate and click on the Island Coral. Does it seem to your eye that the Chocolate and Coral seem to advance toward you in comparison to the top on the right? I may not have explained this clearly, but after doing that little "experiment" I would hold the opinion that the Dresden Blue is Ice.

Maybe I can get Anita to chime in with her opinion. It wouldn't surprise me if it's different; she's way, way better at this than I am.

When I was having my colors analyzed, Curt needed to me to find some true FIRE blues. He helped me to identify them by using the Express website, because he was familiar with the merchandise there. I'm basing these pictures on what I learned from Curt. These are from Express.

Basically, when you look at Fire colors, they almost hurt your eyes. It's ALMOST like you feel like you need sunglasses to keep on looking at the color. Fire is such a good terminology, because they really do look more "hot" than "cool". If you look at the top picture all by itself, you see that it is a blue color, but compared to the second picture, it almost looks greenish... but it is blue.

I think sometimes it is easier to see the comparisons, I'll see if I can find some Ice ones so that you can see the differences in the color parties. Your monitor may vary, but on mine, these are all Fire colors ranging through the blues and purples. If Curt has a free minute, maybe he could verify...

86_632_5507_597?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=0kS-K3njN6FpPzwQn7sBX275_666_9137_786?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=07SSXrsWMyBUd9RWXzfz6V

86_641_6500_728?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=3qlCxypOWmpZYz6bZGMRwQ97_854_7761_972?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=3770jqHHY5672VLc8rve6d

86_632_5507_721?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=1jHjVf3QW1Xy926eBGG5a_86_652_5892_279?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=3AfsBgNj1x3TBTYemcHySI

PRD_1108_S.jpg75_666_9137_786?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=07SSXrsWMyBUd9RWXzfz6V

Juby, I hope you don't think that I have hy-jacked your thread here by doing what I am doing. I searched far and wide for an ICE blue. I was reduced to looking at evening gowns... I finally found one. The left blue is ICE and the right blue is FIRE. Anyway, in looking at the two blues above, perhaps you can see that both are clear blues, but the left blue is absolutely cold by comparison to the right blue. It's weird to think of blue as being "hot" or having any warmth... but it can...

It will take a while to train your eye. Comparison and making color families will really help. It's why having the big flop out color cards are helpful. Once your eye gets used to the idea, you can see if the color really "goes" or not. HTH!

Thanks so much Anita Latte and Member123 :) What you have posted is very helpful!

When I have a little more time later on this evening, I'll take a closer look and post other questions if I have them, OK?

Anita Latte--I have a couple of questions about the Fire colors from the Olympic paint cards that I snatched at Lowe's yesterday. I'll post a little later.

Thanks again!

PRD_1108_S.jpg75_666_9137_786?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=07SSXrsWMyBUd9RWXzfz6V

Juby, I hope you don't think that I have hy-jacked your thread here by doing what I am doing. I searched far and wide for an ICE blue. I was reduced to looking at evening gowns... I finally found one. The left blue is ICE and the right blue is FIRE. Anyway, in looking at the two blues above, perhaps you can see that both are clear blues, but the left blue is absolutely cold by comparison to the right blue. It's weird to think of blue as being "hot" or having any warmth... but it can...

It will take a while to train your eye. Comparison and making color families will really help. It's why having the big flop out color cards are helpful. Once your eye gets used to the idea, you can see if the color really "goes" or not. HTH!

Anita Latte,

if I saw either of these in the store, I'm not sure I would know that either were Fire. I would have called the dress Ice and it does look clear to me, and the shirt I would have called Air:eek:--it looks blended not clear.

Now on to your other post.

When I was having my colors analyzed, Curt needed to me to find some true FIRE blues. He helped me to identify them by using the Express website, because he was familiar with the merchandise there. I'm basing these pictures on what I learned from Curt. These are from Express.

Basically, when you look at Fire colors, they almost hurt your eyes. It's ALMOST like you feel like you need sunglasses to keep on looking at the color. Fire is such a good terminology, because they really do look more "hot" than "cool". If you look at the top picture all by itself, you see that it is a blue color, but compared to the second picture, it almost looks greenish... but it is blue.

I think sometimes it is easier to see the comparisons, I'll see if I can find some Ice ones so that you can see the differences in the color parties. Your monitor may vary, but on mine, these are all Fire colors ranging through the blues and purples. If Curt has a free minute, maybe he could verify...

86_632_5507_597?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=0kS-K3njN6FpPzwQn7sBX275_666_9137_786?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=07SSXrsWMyBUd9RWXzfz6V

86_641_6500_728?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=3qlCxypOWmpZYz6bZGMRwQ97_854_7761_972?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=3770jqHHY5672VLc8rve6d

86_632_5507_721?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=1jHjVf3QW1Xy926eBGG5a_86_652_5892_279?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=3AfsBgNj1x3TBTYemcHySI

OK, now to this post.

I can see where the 2 middle deep blues are on my new color cards. But, I do have a question--what is the difference between a Fire blue and an Ice (Royal) blue? I understand one is warm and one is cool but, I'm not sure I can see it with my eye!

Now, the purples--I would have called the darker purple an Air color. I can see where the 2nd purple is much warmer and could match the purple on the Fire cards.

I can't seem to fathom that purples and blues could be warm. I LOVE both colors but, don't seem to know the difference.

Anita Latte,

if I saw either of these in the store, I'm not sure I would know that either were Fire. I would have called the dress Ice and it does look clear to me, and the shirt I would have called Air:eek:--it looks blended not clear.

Now on to your other post.

The dress IS ice. The shirt is fire though. Sometimes, the knit fabrics, which can be so dull (sweaters especially) can make identifying clear/muted more difficult.

br769820-01qlv01.jpgbr808243-00vliv01.jpg86_632_5507_721?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=1jHjVf3QW1Xy926eBGG5a_

Check these out. The first one is definitely AIR. Depending on what the second one looked like IRL, it could be either AIR or EARTH. Both the first and second are muted. The other is clear, bright warm purple, FIRE.

Edited by Anita Latte

Dear Lord, I have more questions--this time about the color chips from Lowe's exercise :)

Pam, do you have any of the Olympic color cards from Lowe's? I didn't find anything that came close to our warm violet or even the purple (periwinkle blue on Curt's cards).

Anita I am guessing you don't have the Fire colors from Lowe's since you're an Earth?

I'll list the Lowe's chip #'s and then add Curt's colors that I thought were the closets matches.

The chips that I found to be closest to Curt's cards are:

Lowe's Curt's

a21a-2--mimosa lt. warm beige

a25a-3--coral flower warm pastel pink

a66b-6--leap frog med. yellow green

a11b-5--gone bananas lt. clear gold

a48b-6--rainbow bright lt. warm navy

a48b-5--royal plume deep periwinkle blue

a64b-4--crystal gem emerald turquoise

Am I at all close on these? Are there Lowe's chips that you know are good matches to Curt's other colors that I just couldn't see/understand?

Am I asking too many questions?????

* my little chart above didn't come out right when I posted. The 1st colors are Lowe's names and the 2nd colors in each line are Curt's.

Edited by Joby

br769820-01qlv01.jpgbr808243-00vliv01.jpg86_632_5507_721?rgn=0,0,1720,2000&scl=6.2773722627737225&id=1jHjVf3QW1Xy926eBGG5a_

Check these out. The first one is definitely AIR. Depending on what the second one looked like IRL, it could be either AIR or EARTH. Both the first and second are muted. The other is clear, bright warm purple, FIRE.

OK, I certainly get the Air and Autumn purples being muted or blended but, I still can't understand the bright purple being Fire. I LOVE the Fire purple so I hope I can "see" it eventually :)

You're very patient to explain this again. I appreciate the lessons, teacher :) :)

Edited by Joby

OK, now to this post.

I can see where the 2 middle deep blues are on my new color cards. But, I do have a question--what is the difference between a Fire blue and an Ice (Royal) blue? I understand one is warm and one is cool but, I'm not sure I can see it with my eye!

Now, the purples--I would have called the darker purple an Air color. I can see where the 2nd purple is much warmer and could match the purple on the Fire cards.

I can't seem to fathom that purples and blues could be warm. I LOVE both colors but, don't seem to know the difference.

03348446_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=33k7Lu3IbjwuMNmLDGlepL02823491_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=2ZFVjaJw7GCk-8jbkzRP_M03385892_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=3ypC2kXkPzXt7eBBdL47-E03389628_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=1bMbdGh7RizZuLIJP-iQfK

These are all bright clear blue. On my screen, the first two dresses are warm, FIRE blues and the left two dresses are cool, ICE blues. Whenever I find a royal ice blue, it always has a bit of a purple tinge to it when you hold it up to a warm blue.

Remember, doing this on the computer is really, REALLY hard. Different monitors see things differently. You might not see these as I am seeing them, which makes all of this very difficult...

One of the best tests for the royal blues is to hit the shoe department and match either gold or silver shoes. One will definitely look better... if it's the gold shoe, then it's warm, and if it's the silver shoe, then it's cool.

Can I clarify a little--the dresses aren't in order on my screen when I read your post.

Are you saying that the dress that all black on the bottom and the dress that has black scrolling on the bottom are Ice (I'm assuming since Ice wears black)?

Then, the short ruffled dress and the long dress are Fires? I'm just not seeing it.

I like the idea of gold and silver shoes. I'll try that!

I loved it when Curt posted with the 2 pea coats at Old Navy that were bright green and bright orange/red. I went to Old Nave and saw both coats. It gave me a control, I guess.

I love how detailed you can explain things. It's the way my "science/Biology" brain works, I guess.

Thanks so much for your patience :)

I love how detailed you can explain things. It's the way my "science/Biology" brain works, I guess.

Thanks so much for your patience :)

Ok, so maybe you're being confused by your analytical brain activity.

Here's something to think about.

You know that purple is formed by the combination of red and blue, right?

So, think of the following:

1. There is a red that is a very cool red, right? You can easily see this cool red in cars, especially when it tends to make you think of wine or maroon. So, add blue to that red and you get a cool purple.

2. Now, think of the red that is a warm red. This red is so warm that it tends to looking kind of orange, until you put it up to an orange and then you realize that it's red next to the orange. OK? So, this very warm red, now think about mixing it with the blue. Can you get the feeling of the warm purple coming through with this combination?

Purple is a little easier than blue, probably because blue is, well, "blue." The best way of thinking of the blue that is warm is to think of it's undertone. Like Anita said, the best way that I've found to determine the undertone is to do the jewelry test: if it looks fabulous with a gold bracelet, that's your blue. If it looks fabulous with a silver bracelet, just step away from that blue; it's not for you.

Ok, so maybe you're being confused by your analytical brain activity.

Here's something to think about.

You know that purple is formed by the combination of red and blue, right?

So, think of the following:

1. There is a red that is a very cool red, right? You can easily see this cool red in cars, especially when it tends to make you think of wine or maroon. So, add blue to that red and you get a cool purple.

2. Now, think of the red that is a warm red. This red is so warm that it tends to looking kind of orange, until you put it up to an orange and then you realize that it's red next to the orange. OK? So, this very warm red, now think about mixing it with the blue. Can you get the feeling of the warm purple coming through with this combination?

Purple is a little easier than blue, probably because blue is, well, "blue." The best way of thinking of the blue that is warm is to think of it's undertone. Like Anita said, the best way that I've found to determine the undertone is to do the jewelry test: if it looks fabulous with a gold bracelet, that's your blue. If it looks fabulous with a silver bracelet, just step away from that blue; it's not for you.

Pam,

very helpful for my style of learning :) I do have that analytical brain--I need to know how's and why's to completely understand something. I guess that's why I'm the science geek that I am :)

Kim

03348446_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=33k7Lu3IbjwuMNmLDGlepL02823491_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=2ZFVjaJw7GCk-8jbkzRP_M03385892_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=3ypC2kXkPzXt7eBBdL47-E

These are all bright clear blue.

I LOVE these colors!

Thank you for posting, lately all I see in the stores is rack after rack of AIR / EARTH! With an occasional ICE red or green....;)

I found a really wonderful violet peacoat - the color is called Ultraviolet! It was one size too big, but I bought it anyway! :p

I LOVE these colors!

Thank you for posting, lately all I see in the stores is rack after rack of AIR / EARTH! With an occasional ICE red or green....;)

I found a really wonderful violet peacoat - the color is called Ultraviolet! It was one size too big, but I bought it anyway! :p

Hi Terri,

all 3 of these dresses are Fire then? I love the color too but, am so unsure of whether it's Ice or Fire :)

Where did you find the peacoat? Do you have a link or picture of it?

Terry...I remember for sure that the far left dress is Gianni Bini. I got them all off the Dillards web site.

Joby...The blues are really really similar. It's just a slight variation between the dresses with no black and the dresses with black. There is so much that can affect the color from the photography, lighting, the camera settings, our monitors, etc. On my monitor, the dresses with black have a very slight purple-ish tinge to them, which is the give-a-way for the ICE version of royal blue. So I was calling the no black dresses FIRE and the black dresses ICE. IRL this could be a totally different story...and please keep in mind all these differences when you look at the photos...what you see could be different than what I see...

One thing to keep in mind with all this talk about color... technically speaking, there can be a clear, muted, warm, cool version of every color. We interpret whether a color is considered clear or muted, warm or cool, largely by comparison. You can usually find something that is "more warm" or "more cool". I have some bluish greens that can look "cooler" than my yellow greens. Then I can find a cooler blue-green and my blue-green will look "warmer".

The keys then to identifying whether or not your color is right for you are two-fold... First, you have to really get to know what you look like when you are wearing a complementary color... know what happens to your skin tone... what happens to how your eyes pop... Second, seek to blend a questionable color in with identified colors. This is the help of the color cards... You don't try to actually match the color perfectly, so much as you attempt to see if the questionable color blends into your color party...

In additional to using the cards... You can do this concept at home with the cards and with winners from your closet. Make a color party on your bed... You can do this by grabbing colors that you are confident in identifying and making a color party at the store... grab appropriate neutrals and accessories... this season, you should be able to find camel, cream, any warm brown (not too dark), grab brown shoes, gold shoes, bronze shoes, the same in jewelry, scarves, whatever... does the item GO? If you need to, you can do the same for ice, grab black, white, silver and see if the color goes better over there...

03348446_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=33k7Lu3IbjwuMNmLDGlepL03385892_zi?layer=comp&op_usm=2.0,0.5&&rgn=0,0,1760,2040&scl=6.666666666666667&fmt=jpeg&id=3ypC2kXkPzXt7eBBdL47-E

Miss Anita - Your comments are so astute, as always!

I agree that these two dresses appear Fire (left) and Ice (right).

Don't you think the models are backwards, though? Wouldn't they look better if they switched dresses?? :) :p

About the peacoat, I picked it up at a high-end consignment store. Yummy soft wool. I can't wait to wear it! I'll try to get an accurate picture of it - picture in your mind a magenta/fuschia/violet!! :p

I can't find an online pic of it - so allow me some leniency here and I will show you the closest match to the violet color I could find today while at work! BTW - this is a snowboarding jacket - pretty sweet!

42015_lg.jpg

Terry...I remember for sure that the far left dress is Gianni Bini. I got them all off the Dillards web site.

Joby...The blues are really really similar. It's just a slight variation between the dresses with no black and the dresses with black. There is so much that can affect the color from the photography, lighting, the camera settings, our monitors, etc. On my monitor, the dresses with black have a very slight purple-ish tinge to them, which is the give-a-way for the ICE version of royal blue. So I was calling the no black dresses FIRE and the black dresses ICE. IRL this could be a totally different story...and please keep in mind all these differences when you look at the photos...what you see could be different than what I see...

One thing to keep in mind with all this talk about color... technically speaking, there can be a clear, muted, warm, cool version of every color. We interpret whether a color is considered clear or muted, warm or cool, largely by comparison. You can usually find something that is "more warm" or "more cool". I have some bluish greens that can look "cooler" than my yellow greens. Then I can find a cooler blue-green and my blue-green will look "warmer".

The keys then to identifying whether or not your color is right for you are two-fold... First, you have to really get to know what you look like when you are wearing a complementary color... know what happens to your skin tone... what happens to how your eyes pop... Second, seek to blend a questionable color in with identified colors. This is the help of the color cards... You don't try to actually match the color perfectly, so much as you attempt to see if the questionable color blends into your color party...

In additional to using the cards... You can do this concept at home with the cards and with winners from your closet. Make a color party on your bed... You can do this by grabbing colors that you are confident in identifying and making a color party at the store... grab appropriate neutrals and accessories... this season, you should be able to find camel, cream, any warm brown (not too dark), grab brown shoes, gold shoes, bronze shoes, the same in jewelry, scarves, whatever... does the item GO? If you need to, you can do the same for ice, grab black, white, silver and see if the color goes better over there...

Anita,

I read and saw pictures back in the "what season are you" thread about color parties, maybe I should throw one????

I think part of the problem is that I don't 100% trust my own judgment in choosing the tough colors like blues, purples and even browns. I really want to build my knowledge and confidence in "seeing" those colors, as I like them and want to include them in my clothing.

I'm glad that you're a patient teacher:) Can you pass along any other tips, hints, etc.?

Thanks a lot!

About the peacoat, I picked it up at a high-end consignment store. Yummy soft wool. I can't wait to wear it! I'll try to get an accurate picture of it - picture in your mind a magenta/fuschia/violet!! :p

I can't find an online pic of it - so allow me some leniency here and I will show you the closest match to the violet color I could find today while at work! BTW - this is a snowboarding jacket - pretty sweet!

42015_lg.jpg

Really cute color. I would love to find something in that Fire purple!

I dropped by Old Navy yesterday! Big sale, even on winter items. :D AND lots of bright colors, both those suitable for Ice and those for Fire! I got some inexpensive layering t-shirts and tanks for less than 5 dollars each. :)

It may be worth dropping by to look at the colors and train your eyes. A trick that helped me when shopping was to grab the very first Fire item I saw, one that I could confidently pick out as Fire, and carry it around as I sized up the other colors. Comparing the potential items to the Fire "control piece" was a good way to scrutinize the color value and temperature.

Good luck!:D

Now that I think of it, there were relatively few Earth items at Old Navy. Perhaps since they have a large base of young-ish buyers, they have more brighter colors. Just a thought! LOTS of black and gray, though!!

I dropped by Old Navy yesterday! Big sale, even on winter items. :D AND lots of bright colors, both those suitable for Ice and those for Fire! I got some inexpensive layering t-shirts and tanks for less than 5 dollars each. :)

It may be worth dropping by to look at the colors and train your eyes. A trick that helped me when shopping was to grab the very first Fire item I saw, one that I could confidently pick out as Fire, and carry it around as I sized up the other colors. Comparing the potential items to the Fire "control piece" was a good way to scrutinize the color value and temperature.

Good luck!:D

Now that I think of it, there were relatively few Earth items at Old Navy. Perhaps since they have a large base of young-ish buyers, they have more brighter colors. Just a thought! LOTS of black and gray, though!!

Hi Terri,

I did the same last week at Old Navy :) I got several long an short sleeved shirts for $3. I also got some clearance items--a couple of pairs of flip-flops for $1.47, a cardigan for $5.

I have a question for you-- I bought a bright blue long sleeved layering t-shirt there, maybe you saw the color? It was with all of the other long sleeved t-shirts that were just on sale in the store. Would that be the correct blue for Fires?

Here's a link that I think is the same as the t-shirt I bought-- http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55405&vid=1&pid=771872&scid=771872122

Can you tell me if there are any other of the tees in our Fire colors?

Thanks for the tips:)

Kim

Actually, I "think" these are the colors I bought--

bluest eye

plantain

lush green

I also got this shirt in "red stripe" http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55404&vid=1&pid=792424&scid=792424032

and I got this cardigan in "bright coral" http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=26519&vid=1&pid=771952&scid=771952042

Are these pretty close to our Fire colors?

Thanks for your help in getting my eye "trained" :)