Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

I've found, on my screen anyway, a very cold, ICE royal purple kind of color for you to compare with that purple in Curt's photo...

Can you see in the "color party" that IF the color of the dress were the color of the shirt, it would be "doing it's own thing"? It just doesn't "go" at all. The fact that the purple on it's own may SEEM like it SHOULD be an ice color to you, but you can see how it GOES...you have to start trusting in your eye's ability to see the harmony and blending of colors...

Nice example, Anita.

I have a couple of questions but, don't have time to post right now. I'll ask later on this evening :)

Edited by Joby

Well, I had a whole day of shopping. I "think" I did well and found bargins.

I was looking for browns, blues and things and colors I didn't have many of (like pants). Plus really really cheap prices :) I didn't have much luck with pants. I bought a pair that probably aren't the best but I'll see what your opinions are :) They are probably better than the black pants I have a couple of pairs of.

I'll post some pictures or see if I can find any online. Please let me know your opinions on whether it is a "hit or miss" as TerriSea puts it :)

Hi,

I took some pictures of my new clothes outside a little bit ago. It's overcast today and late in the afternoon (5 pm'ish). I hung the clothes on our shed which is a taupey color.

I'm going to try to post them and get opinions on the colors and if I have a "hit or a miss". I hope the colors show fairly true :)

OK, here goes a try. It should be 4 tops--

They are: light bright yellow, yolk yellow short sleeve (not my choixce of names), aqua v-neck vest and a cinnamon brown cardigan. The last picture is of 2 blue tops.

IMG_7558.jpg.b7eb727a08a6b076885f756cc548f895.jpg

IMG_7559.jpg.dfde5d2859541083ce5ed8b53f5bdffa.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg.93ebf5d198bd5290051e6985b158d36a.jpg

IMG_7561.jpg.2961f5d3277b2132efadff2f29769a36.jpg

Edited by Joby

Next up:

2 orange/red sweaters

2 skirts (short one is org/red multi and the longer 1 is bright violet/peachy and cream)

3 pairs of pants (1 pr is taupey/1 pr is camel/1 pr is coffee)

1 suit (it's called "peach punch" and it was originally $160 and I got it for $12.75)

This is all I'll post for a while to make sure I'm doing this right.

IMG_7563.jpg.c9deb7a9d822feef2ba0ebbe59a85548.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg.709f536b746a40e67164bebe7fda0351.jpg

IMG_7567.jpg.301ab6a2a1b59cafd9cf099bdcc55286.jpg

IMG_7569.jpg.3b9f3318146cf2712b42d3aac5c68ca2.jpg

OK, here goes a try. It should be 4 tops--

They are: light bright yellow, yolk yellow short sleeve (not my choixce of names), aqua v-neck vest and a cinnamon brown cardigan. The last picture is of 2 blue tops.

Joby!

Did you have fun shopping?!;)

I am liking what I see here! Everything looks great - the only little nagging question I have is in the last picture of the 2 blue tops. Not quite sure -- but they look bright and cool to me. ... it could be just how the pic came out though....

Great job!:D

One more thing, the cardigan you called "cinnamon" brown: That is a wonderful neutral, but it appears to be about the darkest brown for you. Don't go darker, toward an espresso, stay with the cinnamon. It makes a difference....:)

Of course, my comments are only my own opinion. I welcome anyone else's.......:D ;)

Next up:

2 orange/red sweaters

2 skirts (short one is org/red multi and the longer 1 is bright violet/peachy and cream)

3 pairs of pants (1 pr is taupey/1 pr is camel/1 pr is coffee)

1 suit (it's called "peach punch" and it was originally $160 and I got it for $12.75)

This is all I'll post for a while to make sure I'm doing this right.

Lookin' good, Good Lookin'!

Love the orange-red sweaters, esp the sleeveless. How pretty!

The pants in the center are another perfect neutral camel. I have 2 pairs of pants in that color, one casual twill and one dressy wool-blend. I am going to wear them out!! The grayish ones I really can't comment because I have not found the elusive "warm gray" pants myself. That is a hard one for me. But the thing is, I think I've gotten to the point that I will know it when I see it, if I ever see it!!

Let us all know if you get reactions when you wear some of these new things...I bet $$$ you will!

Joby!

Did you have fun shopping?!;)

I am liking what I see here! Everything looks great - the only little nagging question I have is in the last picture of the 2 blue tops. Not quite sure -- but they look bright and cool to me. ... it could be just how the pic came out though....

Great job!:D

Hi Terri,

I hoped you would see my post and chime in :) Did I have fun-- Y E S!!! I found lots of bargins--like the suit and the 2 skirts were $3.95 each-originally $22 and $60!

I have several more pictures. I also took a picture of the 2 new blue tops with the Old Navy top that you thought was a "hit" for our blues. I'll post it next and see what your opinion is then.

I'm sure I don't have all "hits" but I do have all the tags on and receipts!

Am I posting the pictures correctly to be able to test the colors? If not, let me know. OK, I'll post some more pics.

The jacket is from our St. Vincent De Paul thrift store that I volunteer at--cost $2. I don't think it's perfect but, for the cost it's usable.

The last picture--I think the skirt is not the correct brown but, I really liked it and it was $20 marked down from $122. I hope I can make it work with my correct Fire tops. Thoughts?

IMG_7573.jpg.36552c7e94ff93f15324b792627fed89.jpg

IMG_7575.jpg.b55bdd2c1847ae5d6f1f318353b7c356.jpg

IMG_7576.jpg.6120300de661bdee290b96c520fec1e4.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg.c0c86b9a89242f892006a401c12196bb.jpg

The pants in the center are another perfect neutral camel. I have 2 pairs of pants in that color, one casual twill and one dressy wool-blend. I am going to wear them out!! The grayish ones I really can't comment because I have not found the elusive "warm gray" pants myself. That is a hard one for me. But the thing is, I think I've gotten to the point that I will know it when I see it, if I ever see it!!

The 2 outside pants are not hits but, I needed pants and they fit and looked nice on. I think I will make due with them until I can find better matches. I think they are neutral enough that with good Fire tops it will be OK.

I LOVE the camel pants. I hope I can find others like that color. I got them at CWC on clearance, of course :)

Here is the picture of all of the blue tops. Mixed in is the Old Navy long sleeved tee that you said was a "hit". Does this help any?

Also a pair of dressy shoes that I already have. Will they work now?

IMG_7581.jpg.7230b673e7ef93b1be15854a797905dc.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg.79704e884930980eb68fcd2e6d895f5c.jpg

Here is the picture of all of the blue tops. Mixed in is the Old Navy long sleeved tee that you said was a "hit". Does this help any?

Also a pair of dressy shoes that I already have. Will they work now?

I am going to reply to this one first!

Here's the problem I am having with the blue tops. I THINK the blue top that is a cool tone is the one on the top by itself. Correct? If so, let's continue. The Old Navy long sleeve T is the one on the bottom, left. Somehow, the Old Navy top along with the short sleeve top both seem perfectly warm to me. But, and I fully admit, this is slight, the blue top on top is reading cool. Now that you have them all together, do me the favor of looking at them in sunlight. See if you can tell me if indeed that one looks a little "off" compared to the other ones. If it does, we can agree that it is cool toned, not warm. Then to confirm, hold the lone blue top against pure white paper and see if it looks cool next to cool.

(I hope Anita comments, too. please! :p)

Your shoes are so lovely! I wear a bronzy metallic shoe with a bright blue dress all the time now, to me that is a better choice than navy, black or camel with bright blue! In fact, this shoe color will probably work with most Fire colors, except brown. It may be better to pair up an outfit with that is brown dominant with a similar brown shoe.

The 2 outside pants are not hits but, I needed pants and they fit and looked nice on. I think I will make due with them until I can find better matches. I think they are neutral enough that with good Fire tops it will be OK. Sounds good! And way better than black pants!

I LOVE the camel pants. I hope I can find others like that color. I got them at CWC on clearance, of course :) Even Better!

Smiles :)

The jacket is from our St. Vincent De Paul thrift store that I volunteer at--cost $2. I don't think it's perfect but, for the cost it's usable.

We're friends, right? Good.

This jacket is a dusty lavender? If so, totally an AIR color. It will assert its airy-ness when paired with firey colors, so look out for possible wildfires when air and fire get together!! :p :D ;)

Smokey_bear_sign.jpg

Still friends? ;)

We're friends, right? Good.

This jacket is a dusty lavender? If so, totally an AIR color. It will assert its airy-ness when paired with firey colors, so look out for possible wildfires when air and fire get together!!

Still friends?

Yep, still friends Right off, friends tell friends their honest opinion, correct? Answer--"Y E S"! I do love Smokey the Bear too.

The picture must not come through correctly colorwise. It's a very champagne or buff looking color. I do know a little of my Summer/Air colors (I was told I was one and thought it too for 30 years-until CJW "corrected" me!). I have no idea on any other colors but, I can pretty well pick our Summer/Air:D:D:D

My question was/is, is the light tannish color too bland for a true Fire color?

No worries, Terri--still friends!

I looked back at the coat picture just now. The color is lavender'ish looking!

Look at the lining and the collar, do they look tannish to you? If so, the outside of the coat is suede-like and very buff colored looking. The fleecey lining coordinates well with the exterior of the coat.

:)

I am going to reply to this one first!

Here's the problem I am having with the blue tops. I THINK the blue top that is a cool tone is the one on the top by itself. Correct? If so, let's continue. The Old Navy long sleeve T is the one on the bottom, left. Somehow, the Old Navy top along with the short sleeve top both seem perfectly warm to me. But, and I fully admit, this is slight, the blue top on top is reading cool. Now that you have them all together, do me the favor of looking at them in sunlight. See if you can tell me if indeed that one looks a little "off" compared to the other ones. If it does, we can agree that it is cool toned, not warm. Then to confirm, hold the lone blue top against pure white paper and see if it looks cool next to cool.

(I hope Anita comments, too. please! :p)

Slight correction--the TOP shirt is the Old Navy tee!

The bottom two are the new ones. I looked at them again in the bedroom light just now. The short sleeved top is a different colored blue but, it "seems" to match the lighter blue chip on my color cards.

I'm totally nervous about the blues. I still am not sure I have the "eye" for the blues yet.

Does any of this change your mind?

p.s.--thanks so much for all of your help. I'm learning and having lots of fun too!

Yep, still friends Right off, friends tell friends their honest opinion, correct? Answer--"Y E S"! I do love Smokey the Bear too.

The picture must not come through correctly colorwise. It's a very champagne or buff looking color. I do know a little of my Summer/Air colors (I was told I was one and thought it too for 30 years-until CJW "corrected" me!). I have no idea on any other colors but, I can pretty well pick our Summer/Air:D:D:D

My question was/is, is the light tannish color too bland for a true Fire color?

No worries, Terri--still friends!

Kim,

Keep in mind there are light colors in the Fire palette, like a golden champagne. I uploaded a pic on post 63 of a sheath dress that is soft, champagne/oatmeal. It is a warm tone, not an oyster-white so it works for Fire. Bland? ....Maybe, when compared to the other fire colors. But like the superhero's faithful sidekick or the comedian's straight guy, it works but doesn't interfere. It lets the other colors speak louder and *charmingly agrees*. :p

In regards to the lavender tone of the jacket: Look how great the jacket looks against the beachy-gray weathered wood!! They totally belong. Like the raisin in the oatmeal cookie.

So that is why I questioned it as a fire color.

But in real life, does it have warm neutral or cool neutral tones? You, friend, are the expert.

The blue tops are giving me the blues! It could be my monitor is not 100% right, but I can say that if all 3 tops match up nicely and get along without something seeming "off", then they are indeed FIRE! I agreed that the Old Navy blue was Fire, so that is the control.

One more thing before I sign off for today: Do you receive the DHC skin care catalog? I received the print catalog today for Winter 2010 and on the cover is a gorgeous shot of a model who is totally FIRE with a stunning and simple apple green background. I got excited because I have not noticed too many fire cover models. I probably will now that I know I am fire! Like how I noticed how many Volkswagens there really are once I bought one!! If you do not have the print catalog, you can go to the dhccare dot com website and check out this month's customer spotlight. I pasted her picture here. Is she Fire or what?!

LauraHillSooy.jpg

I'm now becoming obsessed with learning the correct blue :)

Is this a Fire blue? It's called "copper blue"

0900631b81a0afe7M.tif?op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp&icc=A98&wid=350&hei=350

I don't think so. The model is an ICE, and she looks good in this color. The blue has a definite purple and gray tone to it. I think it is ICE.

It is hard, I agree!! And you see my dilemma if I inadvertently guide you to an incorrect conclusion! Because we do this with different monitors with different lighting conditions, I can't say for sure. :confused: I wish I could!

Take care! Colorful dreams!!

Hi Terri,

no, I don't get the DHC catalog but, the gal is a real beauty, isn't she? Isn't she in a teal dress with a bright green border on the dress? And, the picture background is a dusty blue???

Isn't teal more of an Earth color? Oh, dear, Lord....

I think you have a much more trained eye for Fire than I do, that's for sure:D

I'm off for the night too--sweet dreams!

Hi Terri,

no, I don't get the DHC catalog but, the gal is a real beauty, isn't she? Isn't she in a teal dress with a bright green border on the dress? And, the picture background is a dusty blue??? When you look at her skin it really contrasts kind of harshly against the cool blue background. And yet her skin blends and harmonizes and looks glowy against her warm clothing.

Isn't teal more of an Earth color? Oh, dear, Lord.... Heehee! You ARE getting it!! LOL :D The teal in the picture is a warm, but muted color, I would say perfect for Earth, but just OK for Fire....it is not 100% perfect for Fire.

I think you have a much more trained eye for Fire than I do, that's for sure:D Her dress has really nice warm violet and magenta tones in the flowers, and without the edge of warm spring green it would not look as good on her! That green color is totally "in tune" with the model!

I'm off for the night too--sweet dreams!

Have a great day and a great weekend! I bet you will begin looking at colors on people around you and noticing good and poor color combos all weekend! (You probably already have!!!) :p