Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Thanks everyone. Babies are home - only spent one night in the hospital. Their older sister (3 1/2) has been bragging non-stop at her daycare. We are going for a short visit today (will also do a bit of laundry and tidying up while there). My daughter is doing great - nursing two babies! Their big, old golden retriever is glad to have everyone home too. :)

About 2 months til our next cruise - will start to look at day trips from Genoa and ports soon ... and of course 'what to pack'.

Edited by CrossBluePerchance

Hey, Anita. I know you are crazy busy and don't want to add more to your plate. This is for funsies, ok? I have no doubt that my Light Spring works for me. I wanted to play with everyone else and let our friends see my wonderful scarf. I took pictures Monday morning and yesterday morning. Same time, same conditions. Only Morning sunshine coming through a north window, taken with my iPhone and I didn't see a flash, but there is a LOT of light on my face. The background is aqua/dusty turquoise. Should I post them all here linking a OneDrive folder using your great instructions (when I have time and if able) or should I just post one to see if I need to retake?

Debbie...go ahead and post them all with a link to a OneDrive Album. I would love to see them. I say this because it is a pretty easy process to upload to OneDrive and make the album. I think Per mentioned that you can put all the pictures you want to upload into one folder (can you do that on an iPhone?) and then just select the folder (rather than having to select each individual picture) for uploading.

If you can't make a folder on your phone, (sorry, I'm still in the stupid phone camp) you CAN select all the photos for one big upload. You just have to click on each one.

First thing. Congratulations, Per. I can't even imagine the happiness in your heart right now. Everything else pales by comparison.

So!

Leaving in less than 3 weeks! We have some interesting, what I would call "sections," of this vacation. We'll be starting off in San Francisco for a night and then heading to Monterey. That time will require some layering for the coolness I'm anticipating from that geography.

Then, heading down to Mexico… where we'll be in some heat and humidity.

Then, going through a part of America where it will be quite rainy… with heat and humidity. Then coming through a little further East… and.. what to expect? Don't know. Maybe we'll be a bit cooler again?

Then, due to really super lousy air flight schedules, we decided to head to Las Vegas from FLL on disembarkation, and we'll be in heat with low humidity.

What?!? Am. I. Going. to. Pack!?!

Layers.

And, for the first time, I am going to pack fairly light, I think. My major activities are going to be relaxing and connecting with Earth (not you ladies color palette.. Earth… you know, the planet Earth…). I will be doing quite a bit of spa, walking in rain forests, meandering on beaches, etc. I am packing more swim wear than I've ever packed before.

And, I have some special moments to pack for… formal nights, just standard evening dress on board ship, some restaurant dinners in Las Vegas that require my attention.

When it all boils down, this cruise has taken quite a bit of wardrobe planning. I'm not even close to figuring it out yet.

So, what is capturing my attention at the moment? Nail polish colors! Hey, you have to start somewhere, right? And, I guess I'm energetic enough for baby steps… :D

Melody posted about CND Vinylux, which I haven't heard of before...

Wanted to point out that I think that the color "Gilded Pleasure" is a LOT like the Peridot color. I thought you enjoyed that:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gilded+pleasure+vinylux&espv=2&biw=1165&bih=714&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDIQsARqFQoTCI7Bs-Kv1McCFcUcPgodGDwOwQ

Wanted to point out that I think that the color "Gilded Pleasure" is a LOT like the Peridot color. I thought you enjoyed that:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gilded+pleasure+vinylux&espv=2&biw=1165&bih=714&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDIQsARqFQoTCI7Bs-Kv1McCFcUcPgodGDwOwQ

I get it at Ulta. It's really easy to use

It is CNDs answer to regular polish for those who do not want to wear their Shellac brand colors so long, Vinylux has replaced their old "regular" polishes.

It has many matching Shellac colors so people can have the Shellac manicure and still have the same color with a "regular" Vinylux pedicure. They have added lots of extra colors too. It is designed as a retail product but a few of the CND salons/spas use it too.

Per, adorable! Enjoy each moment.

Amen! Per, thanks so much for sharing such a sweet, sweet picture with us.

Anita, I hope this link works. The last 5 pictures are of scarves. I especially need everyone's opinion on them. Some of the other pictures are intentionally worng, I think. Please let me know what you honestly think.

This definitely taught me that I need to fix my hair and paste a smile on my face when I leave the house. Why do I look like I'm holding a mouthful of rocks in my mouth?!!!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A81C62D5EDB2AC64!110&authkey=!AOFH70JkVfZi5qQ&ithint=folder%2cJPG

Had to run a quick errand. Now for a little explanation. First, did I post the link correctly?

Pictures were all taken with an iPhone that I didn't see flash, standing in the same spot with the same background around 8:00 a.m. with no inside lights while facing a northern window. Pictures 1-11 were taken the first day with #11 being my gorgeous peach scarf. (Wow! I don't feel like I look so gorgeous in that picture or any of the others!) Pictures 12-16 were taken the next morning. Pictures 17-24 were taken the third morning and 20-24 are the scarves that I mentioned in the previous post.

I can certainly tell from the background colors that the camera was trying to make adjustments. Since I know the correct background color, I'm wondering what it's trying to say?

Per...that is the sweetest photo. OMG. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie...the link worked. I do like it when you put the photos in an album first and then share the link to the album. I don't know why, but viewing in an album is the only way that you can zoom in.

Isn't it crazy how the background changes? This is because the camera is making adjustments for what it perceived to be "difficult" color to read and render in the photograph. This means that the grouping that you took is not harmonious. If you had done nothing but one type of color (like all FIRE) then it would change as much.

The main problem with taking the photos on different days is that the quality of light on different days really is different. And so the pictures can have a bit of a different from each other even if they are in the same class...if you follow me. Let's say that each day you took a photo of a Light Spring color...but each one of those photos will not "match" as well because the different days do make a difference.

Should be alright though...

Debbie. Whenever we totally relax our face...it's not as lovely a picture as it could be. As I said before...it's just a matter of whatever expression you can maintain for picture after picture because expression does tend to make us look better...and that can be confusing if we have a good expression on a bad color vs. a bad expression on a good color...makes that difference harder to detect.

Hey Debbie...I was wondering...are you traveling for Thanksgiving this year?

Debbie.

Such a giggle.

Both of us have the BEST grouch faces. I swear; all we need is to have us holding those big numbers at the bottom of our pictures. You know the ones I mean? I think they are the numbers of the case file that is assigned to us to hold the paperwork for whatever crime we're being accused of committing? :D

You are right. Something happened in the taking of the pictures. I have a vivid memory of the peach scarf. The picture just isn't doing it the justice it deserves. Oh! Another case file reference! I'm a wordsmith! :eek:

Anita, because I know you look at the photos in much more detail than I am able to do, I wanted you to know what the different groupings were. I was afraid the different days might make a difference. I tried as much as possible, but ran out of time the first day and needed to get to work. After buying a few scarves, I wanted to include them too.

Right now, we are not planning to travel during Thanksgiving. Our October plans are already set with no extra time available and the February cruise is a direct flight, so nothing there either. If any of that changes, I'll let you know.

DGD attended cheer clinic this past weekend and will cheer with the big high school cheerleaders (she's 2nd grader) at tomorrow night's game. I am not looking forward to attending. Kickoff temps will be similar to tonight. We will be sitting squished in the stands in the sun at 75 degrees with 82% humidity. That's chewing the air before you breath it weather. I may need to see if I can find my old church fan!

Anita, I don't envy your band uniform washing detail each week. Polyester doesn't breathe even a little bit. Oh, boy!

I know, Pam. I took those pictures under the right conditions. North facing window, no inside light. Yuck. Didn't like them one bit. I KNOW! I'll include my bestest scarf. That will be a marker for what several of know as a good FIRE color for MOI. Looked at it. WHAT!?! Still yuck. Lack of photo skills.

If you could have seen the production I made out of getting those pictures out of my phone and linked to this page...Oh. My. Word. So, so hilarious. 27 steps later.... Well, not really, but it did seem to take forever when I'm used to dragging, clicking, cutting and pasting and 3-4 clicks later, I've taken care of most of my morning work, it was an enormous amount of my afternoon getting that link posted.

If I need to take more better (as my grands say) pictures, just let me know. I understand now what everybody meant about ripping off one top and grabbing the next one. I just wanted it to be finished. I think it was the expression. Once I saw it, I freaked.

Pam, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to say that we all look like we've been arrested, and here are our mug shots! Too funny! Grouchy may be a polite way to describe out expressions...sometimes we just look plain p*%^sed off, and no one better mess with us.

I was almost embarassed to post the link at first of my pictures, but Anita is absolutely correct, in that is provides a constant. If we were smiling, there would definitely be good pictures and bad pictures.

Myself, I've really got to think about your pictures, Debbie. Wow.

I've been super busy over the past few days, but I really want to tell you Per that your granddaughters are absolutely precious. Someday, I will get to be a grandma maybe. Sigh!

Glad everyone enjoyed the photo of my new granddaughters - they are doing very well!

Husband tells me it's time to think about our upcoming trip - I have been doing some research - needed a break so I started thinking about what to pack.

Here are some of my ideas - need some feedback please. We are flying to Genoa Oct 22, spend a week there, then head to Marseille for a 9 night cruise. Ports in Sicily, Greece, Croatia and Italy. Weather will probably be cool but we might get some warm days too.

http://1drv.ms/1N7Vh8a

I bought the navy skirt at Joe Fresh. The jacket I made a few years ago - it is an oatmeal color - linen like material - is it too light a color?

I'll be wearing jeans a lot this trip - so will take a few scarves to spice up the outfits.