Elite Perks-what's so special if one doesn't drink

FlaCruzers

We are Select now, working towards Elite, but were wondering about the value of Elite perks.

It's seems most people speak of the cocktail hours for the free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. But if we don't drink alcohol and, as we all know, there is no shortage of great food on a cruise, what else makes Elite worth attaining?

I have read the list of benefits, but wanted to hear from those Elite members who have any opinions.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

We are Select now, working towards Elite, but were wondering about the value of Elite perks.

It's seems most people speak of the cocktail hours for the free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. But if we don't drink alcohol and, as we all know, there is no shortage of great food on a cruise, what else makes Elite worth attaining?

I have read the list of benefits, but wanted to hear from those Elite members who have any opinions.

i love the free laundry.. i think it is 30 free items.. i used it in Alaska and will again several times in 2011. having free internet is great too... i hardly went for the free drinks as iwas always somewhere else. on one ship the food was great-the other same as the cabin.

The internet free minutes which is doubled when your traveling companion is also elite. Like the laundry which also is doubled...

As to the free drinks, I have found that the elite parties are really nice for meeing nice people. You don't have to drink to enjoy yourself...

My drink of choice is ginger ale. I've had an opportunity to meet some very interesting people who share my enjoyment of cruising. They have often made some wonderful suggestions that have helped me plan future cruises. I would agree with the positive comments made about the Internet package and laundry.

The internet free minutes which is doubled when your traveling companion is also elite. Like the laundry which also is doubled...

As to the free drinks, I have found that the elite parties are really nice for meeing nice people. You don't have to drink to enjoy yourself...

I totally agree about the laundry and the Internet. I am not a drinker (or a very occasional drinker) but I do enjoy simply getting together with other folks for a bit of socializing and conversation. And no one says that you have to drink alcohol. The free drinks include all kinds of non alcoholic beverages and there are also the delicious hors d'oeuvres... I love Elite perks.

Free laundry. I don't have to pack as much because the laundry gets done free and within 2 days it all comes back folded better than I did when packing to go. I usually have it done close to the end of the cruise so I go home with all clean smelling clothes, ready for the next cruise. :)) Love those internet minutes. Husband doesn't do internet so I have 3 hours of free internet. Can't beat that. AND like the other posters have said - we have met the nicest people in the Michaels Club during the cocktail hour. That Michaels Club has become our neighborhood bar. Love those perks.

I don't drink alcohol either, but that doesn't stop me from having a drink with people in Michael's. A drink doesn't necessarily have to have alcohol in it. Also LOVE the free internet minutes & the free laundry & pressing of a few items.

At tender ports, you get priority tender tickets.

Oh, another small thing - you get a free specialty coffee if you have dinner in the specialty restaurant. I thought the aspen coffee was very good. (Thanks to Lois for the recommendation.)

Thanks for all the replies. Having the laundry done near the end of the cruise sounds like a great idea for having less to do when you get home and the specialty coffees and fresh squeezed juice in Michael's sounds yummy. Also the priorty tendering tickets is a big plus.

We don't use the internet while cruising if at all possible, but it is a nice perk if it's needed -- otherwise very expensive (until we are Elite!)

Do you find that Celebrity treats you special as well. I know they treat everyone special, but anything in particular?

Thanks,

PS 3 more weeks and we're off on Solstice! Or should I say 2 weeks 6 days 17 hours and 36 minutes, but who's counting.:D

FlaCruzers - Hi there! It appears you're gonna be on the same cruise as me. Please consider coming over to our roll call. We are having a blast getting to know each other - and - the more the merrier! Right now we're doing a 'pictorial' countdown - today was a race car with #20 on the side....

Anyway, we'd love to have you join us.

One of our favorite perks is the breakfast in Michael's Club. It's usually quiet, and the little snacks and especially the fruit smoothies are very good. Free internet is a fantastic perk, as is the laundry bag.

Also, even if you're not a drinker, don't underestimate the cocktail hour. It's a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow cruisers and have great conversations.

If you are Elite and your friends are NOT, they CANNOT be with you in the Michaels Club.

Come for your free drink and meet up with them later. The Michaels Club is not a very big venue so if everyone brought their NON-Elite friends with them, there would be no place for we Elite members to sit.

to DEL67 -- non-elite guests sharing a stateroom are welcome to join them in Michael's Club.

From the X website FAQ

"If I'm an Elite and my traveling companion is not, will they be able to join me in Michael's Club?

Subject: Loyalty Program/Captains Club

Elite members and their spouses or those traveling with them in the same stateroom will be able to join them in the Captain's Club Lounge."

Sweetair - Are you Elite? Why do you think that friends cruising with Elite members should be allowed to Elite Perks? If they are sharing the same room, no problem. I have met some wonderful people on my cruises who are NOT Elite. Should I be able to invite them to join me in the Michael's Club?

Don't let me find out of people inviting their friends to join them and take the seats that I am suppose to sit on. I will immediately tell the Hostess and have them removed. Let your friends cruise as many times as I have and earn the perks.

Always someone looking to pull a fast one.

If you take a cruise with another couple who are not elite, do you spend less time in the lounge? My husband and I are elite members of Celebrity's Captain Club but have booked a cruise with good friends who aren't.

Generally we do, but it all depends opn what the friends have on their schedule.

yes mardon i am elite and i earned it 1 credit at a time (not 2 for extended sailings and 3 for concierge etc) and have cruised over 25 times on X

I NEVER said she could invite friends that she has met onboard and invite them to join her She asked a VERY SPECIFIC question about her sister joining her (if shes in a separate cabin) and i answered it the LOGICAL way... to ASK the social hostess if her sister could join her!

I do NOT claim to be an authority on the answer and state her sister CANNOT join her.

"someone" always looking to pull a fast one??? Good thing "someone" is there to POLICE the situation

*sweet*

I can see mardon's point, and also sweetair's. Of course, now the social hostess has to be the bad guy. Personally (and I speak only for myself!!) I would be bummed out if I went to Michael's and it was hard to find a seat because of an abundance of non-elite 'guests'. I know elite has great benefits, and it would seem fair if someone sharing the same cabin was allowed to tag along to Michael's club, etc.

Archived