Just Off Grandeur (9/30); RCCL/Carnival Differences

Thanks for the review! We are sailing on it later this month.

No afternoon tea would be a bummer. :eek: RCI ships usually do it in the Windjammer from 3pm to 5pm.

Heading over to check out the pics now :)

The tea time on Carnival was like an activity. You went into a lounge, had tea and little pastries.. so tasty!!

lovely pictures thank you for posting them. I am sailing her in four weeks. would u have the cruise compasses by any chance?

I know Crusinmama06 went on the Grandeur last month and posted all sorts of pictures and her cruise compasses and the compasses for the kids activities too. The thread is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277771&highlight=grandeur

I have only eaten one meal on every cruise we have taken, it starts upon boarding and ends at disembarkation. ;)

Tim

As the cruise director on my first cruise told us;"We come on board as passengers and we leave as freight":D

Pat

I have a question. Which line will you book next? Do you have a preference between the 2 now?

This is a hard question, one I don't think we have narrowed down yet ..lol. We really do think RCCL is pulling ahead which is shocking because we have cruised more with Carnival. We just really liked the differences Royal had, we thought it made the experience better. For me though, I find Carnival's MDR food better ..but it's not ALL about the food, so it's really hard.

I noticed that you had the loving cups, after dinner drinks, do you happen to remember what they cost? and do come around and ask or should you ask your server? thanks for the great review and if you really want to be impressed try a larger ship. Freedom class is awesome.

I believe the one that we had was either $6 or $7 ..I can't remember which but it wasn't more then that. Someone came around, that wasn't our server, asking us if we wanted them and explaining what exactly they were.

We have actually been looking at Oasis! And mind you, this is after we said we weren't going to cruise next year because we did 3 of them in 10 months lol

I enjoyed your pics. They are always the best part of a review.

I have only taken one Carnival cruise and 5 RCL cruises. I have to agree with most of your observations. We overall prefer RCL, but we would consider another Carnival cruise. The differences are really minor for the most part.

The thing I disliked most about Carnival was the buffet area. As you said, WJ

has more options and a much better layout.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Archived