If you had to pick three grossest foods...

schmoopie17

This is the funniest thread I have ever read on these boards.

I also hate anchovies and any organ meats. If I spot any pink or red chicken on my plate, it is all I can do to not get ill. Undercooked chicken: it literally destroys my appetite for hours :(.

I agree, this is a funny thread.

I also hate anchovies and mushrooms. Not liking mushrooms really limits your choice in the restaurant - sometimes it is not feasible to pick them out. Another dislike is cod roe - it just explodes in your mouth and all the eggs just float about and I am unable to swallow them! Gross. :(

Another dislike is cod roe - it just explodes in your mouth and all the eggs just float about and I am unable to swallow them! Gross. :(

WOW...that DOES sound gross! Almost sounds like something they used to make people eat on the old TV show, "Fear Factor"...where cow eyes, giant hissing cockroaches, bull testicles and other yummy things were featured regularly.

Edited by schmoopie17

Another dislike is cod roe - it just explodes in your mouth and all the eggs just float about and I am unable to swallow them! Gross. :(

YUCKERS!! I don't like that either. :(

I don't like organ meats, okra, or cilantro. Cilantro tastes like soap to me. If it's in fresh salsa, I'm okay as long as there's very little of it. Otherwise, I have to pass.

YUCKERS!! I don't like that either. :(

I don't like organ meats, okra, or cilantro. Cilantro tastes like soap to me. If it's in fresh salsa, I'm okay as long as there's very little of it. Otherwise, I have to pass.

I'm with you on the Cilantro.... people used to think I was sooooo strange thinking it tasted like soap (dishwashing liquid, to be precise)....

Then I read that it is an actual genetic predisposition for a certain percentage of the population.... we can't help it...

One of my daughters loves cilantro, and the other one also thinks it tastes like soap... so apparently only one takes after me... :)

The same is true of brussels sprouts (which I LOVE)... there is a genetic reason that there are people who hate them.

I'm with you on the Cilantro.... people used to think I was sooooo strange thinking it tasted like soap (dishwashing liquid, to be precise)....

Then I read that it is an actual genetic predisposition for a certain percentage of the population.... we can't help it...

One of my daughters loves cilantro, and the other one also thinks it tastes like soap... so apparently only one takes after me... :)

The same is true of brussels sprouts (which I LOVE)... there is a genetic reason that there are people who hate them.

Not fond of cilantro either. Also tastes like soap to me however hubby and rest of the family likes it.

Our entire family, from adults to grandchildren, love brussels sprouts.

Dianne

And chunks of tomatoes in spaghetti or chili look like blood clots

Was out for a meal last night and there was a side of chunky ketchup. Never realised how much it does look like blood clots. Still managed to eat most of it tho" :eek:

As a biologist, I agree with you about the cilantro -- I can't get enough of it -- love, love cilantro, but dry coconut -- makes me gag instantly:p!! Can't do brussels sprouts either. Yikes on the egg plant too (I think this one is a texture thing??)

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Taste is much more complex than we ever imagined.

Yes, your genetics will affect how Cilantro tastes! I prefer it in salsa, but everyone else in my family thinks it tastes like soap. Go figure!

Yes, your genetics will affect how Cilantro tastes! I prefer it in salsa, but everyone else in my family thinks it tastes like soap. Go figure!

Having read folks dislikes of cilantro, just had to look it up. In UK it is called corriander. I agree the leaves taste like soap and is an aquired taste but I do like the seeds produced - goes great in a curry.:D

In the SW United States we eat both Cilantro (the leaves) and Coriander (the seeds) all the time. Great in salsa's, green chile stew, and other New Mexican and Mexican dishes. Both are added to cumin (ground seeds of a different plant) in most green and red chile recipes. YUM!

enjoy!

Kel:)

Just watched a cooking programme on TV and it turns out that coriander (cilantro) is an aphrodisiac!

I planted cilantro in our garden this summer and it multiplied so fast it took over the whole garden. Sounds like cilantro is an aphrodisiac for itself with all that multiplying going on...;)

Why would any human choose to eat a chicken's abortion? An egg.

Why would any human choose to drink milk that a mother cow produced to fatten a baby cow?

Why would any human agree to eat the ground up nose, eyelids, lips, cheeks, face, tongue, and chin of a cow? Hamburger.

The USDA knows that cockroaches love coffee beans. When the American coffee makers receive bags of coffee beans from the tropics, there are thousands of cockroaches in those bags. There is no safe method to remove the roaches, so they are just roasted along with the beans.

The average ground coffee in America contains 18% roasted and ground cockroaches.

Google this if you do not believe it.

The USDA knows that ice cream makers have a very difficult time keeping insects away from the sweetened custard that becomes ice cream. When they inspect commercial ice cream, they cut one cubic inch samples, melt them, and place them under a microscope.

If they find 199 or fewer insect parts in that melted cubic inch, the ice cream is deemed fit for human consumption. If they find 200 or more insect parts, the ice cream is considered unsafe for human consumption and is destroyed.

I want to know who decided that more than 1 insect part is OK.

I also want to know who decided that 199 insect parts are OK, but 200 parts are unsafe.

Google this one too.

Edited by BruceMuzz

I like my eggs, milk, coffee, hamburger and ice cream too much to worry about this. I am good at being "in denial" about some things!:D And as far as cock roaches go, I dont like those critters, and cant think of a better end for them than roasting and grinding!:)

Why would any human choose to eat a chicken's abortion? An egg.

Why would any human choose to drink milk that a mother cow produced to fatten a baby cow?

Why would any human agree to eat the ground up nose, eyelids, lips, cheeks, face, tongue, and chin of a cow? Hamburger.

The USDA knows that cockroaches love coffee beans. When the American coffee makers receive bags of coffee beans from the tropics, there are thousands of cockroaches in those bags. There is no safe method to remove the roaches, so they are just roasted along with the beans.

The average ground coffee in America contains 18% roasted and ground cockroaches.

Google this if you do not believe it.

The USDA knows that ice cream makers have a very difficult time keeping insects away from the sweetened custard that becomes ice cream. When they inspect commercial ice cream, they cut one cubic inch samples, melt them, and place them under a microscope.

If they find 199 or fewer insect parts in that melted cubic inch, the ice cream is deemed fit for human consumption. If they find 200 or more insect parts, the ice cream is considered unsafe for human consumption and is destroyed.

I want to know who decided that more than 1 insect part is OK.

I also want to know who decided that 199 insect parts are OK, but 200 parts are unsafe.

Google this one too.

Great minds think alike...;)