If you had to pick three grossest foods...

schmoopie17

Why would any human choose to eat a chicken's abortion? An egg.

Rather inaccurate. "Abortion" implies the chicken made a choice to not produce a baby chick.

Google this if you do not believe it.

Google this one too.

Ah yes, because if found through a Google search, it has to be true.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't eat any kind of berry. It's mostly a texture thing. I like the flavor of some berries, but can't chew a berry to save my life.

The only fruit I eat are apples, oranges, bananas and can peaches.

I love tomato sauce, ketchup and spaghetti sauce, but can not eat a raw tomato. Ones that are cooked down really well are okay if I chew them with other food. (Chilli, stew)

Just a few of my quirks!!:p

1. Mushrooms, slimy bits sliding between your teeth and over your gums. I always have to say Hold the Mushrooms.

2. Tomatoes, I won't even eat red spaghetti sauce of any kind, when I order a pizza I say Hold the sauce, extra cheese.

3. Coconut, I haven't seen this mentioned on this thread. I can smell it and spot it from three feet away. No Pina Coladas for me.:eek:

3. Coconut, I haven't seen this mentioned on this thread. I can smell it and spot it from three feet away. No Pina Coladas for me.:eek:

Check out post #60 -- I'm with you on the Coconut thing!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

LOL Kelmac, I'm with you on the Brussel Sprouts and Eggplant too!!!

On Christmas Day my daughter's mother-in-law had made two pies. A Banana Creme and a Coconut Creme. She had cut slices of the Coconut Creme and leaned over and started to cut slices of the Banana Creme with the same knife:eek: My daughter and I screamed at the same time, can you imagine she was going to contaminate that good Banana Creme with Coconut:( Just the thought makes me shudder. I could never be on "Survivor". They are always eating Coconuts and drinking the milk. Uggggh

LOL Kelmac, I'm with you on the Brussel Sprouts and Eggplant too!!!

On Christmas Day my daughter's mother-in-law had made two pies. A Banana Creme and a Coconut Creme. She had cut slices of the Coconut Creme and leaned over and started to cut slices of the Banana Creme with the same knife:eek: My daughter and I screamed at the same time, can you imagine she was going to contaminate that good Banana Creme with Coconut:( Just the thought makes me shudder. I could never be on "Survivor". They are always eating Coconuts and drinking the milk. Uggggh

I don't like my food to touch on my plate or use the same serving spoon in two differnt dishes.. no matter what the food is. I usually eat out of a divided plate. Now my husband will mix his whole plate up and eat it...ugh

Could it be then that the percentage of roasted cockroaches per 100g gives the different brands of coffee a slighly different flavour! :eek:

LOL I got a good laugh over this one.

Did you know that some of the most expensive coffee in the world comes from the feces of a cat who eats the coffee beans, and they are harvested from the cat's droppings!!!

LOL I got a good laugh over this one.

Did you know that some of the most expensive coffee in the world comes from the feces of a cat who eats the coffee beans, and they are harvested from the cat's droppings!!!

Yep, Kopi Luwak , and it doesn't taste as good as it sounds, either. Sis bought me some as a joke - I'll try anything.

Still, it was better than cilantro - but then, everything is.

Edited by JandBR_PHX

Why didn't I see this sooner ??

Indian Food YUCK:eek::eek:

Anything with curry..it even smells nasty. I don't wan to even see that mushy golden mess. keep it away fro me..and DON'T even dedicate a whole night in MD for it. EWW.

Of all the foods or extras served on a cruise, are there things that gross you out? Mine would be:

There's my list (and trust me, I have a lot more than three)...:p

• meat
  • wedge salad--yuck!
  • all of the desserts i've had on every ship i've sailed! :(

Edited by live.love.cruise

• 2 years later...

Any type of wine except a small amount of high quality champagne

Whiskey

Chocolate from ANY country (walking close to a Godiva or similar store makes me dizzy with nausea)

raspberries

any seafood, fish sauce or shrimp paste, caviar, seaweed, et. al

milk as a beverage (in cooking is fine)

Any organ meat

dark meat of turkey or chicken

curry dishes

sweet iced tea, most desserts, real whipped cream - cloyingly sweet!

licorice or anise

basil, thyme, lavender, turmeric, carroway seeds

vinegar

Only some of these qualify as gross, but the following are WAAAAAAAYYYY down on my list of "preferred eats" (I won't say I'd _never_ eat them, but I'm going to have to be pretty darn hungry for them to be considered.):

--Organ meats, mainly for their functions in the body, and this includes brains--never tried them but now because of Mad Cow disease, even less likely. Most forms of liver because of its taste.

--venison, mainly because in almost all of my experiences the flavor harkens back to liver.:( I have heard some hunters propose methods of cleaning and preparing the meat that reduces this effect.

-Limbuger, et. al., cheese--can't get past the smell, sorry. Although I am getting turned on more and more by bleu, stilton, and brie.

-any meats that require the animal to be tortured or terrified prior to slaughtering--some cultures hold that the fear makes the meat tastier--that's just damn' cruel:mad:

--Another "no" to the "once-through-the-cat" coffee. Who EVER came up with that one????:confused: Brings the "lark's tongues" and jellied "hummingbirds' brains" "delicacies" to mind!

--Gefilte fish. While not specifically "gross", I've tried this dish 3 times, both commercial and home-made versions, and I have no urge to try again. Latkes, on the other hand? Bring 'em on!

Anyone not wanting their share of the Indian food being offered in MDR or on the Windjammer, don't fret--I'll take care of that right away!

Edited by capncarp

Rather inaccurate. "Abortion" implies the chicken made a choice to not produce a baby chick

Actually a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion in medical lingo. Never thought of eggs like that as they are designed to come out, so it really is not an kind of abortion...

I am still hung up on the creamy brains thing. That is a big yuck from me. And now of course I am also wondering if vegetarians should drink coffee if it has cockroach parts in it. Luckily I do not drink coffee at all.

I didn't think I had any food aversions until I read this thread. However: no go on beer, bananas, ketchup, organ meats, oysters, lima beans, milk. I will only eat scrambled eggs prepared at home. I am not crazy about Jello. I use very little hot sauce and avoid super spicy foods in general, although I do like Thai, Indian, Mexican foods that are lightly spiced.

I love food and have almost no food hang-ups. Sweetbreads=yum! Foie gras...bring it! Lime beans and butter beans? Dad and Granma would be proud! The way I enjoy okra would make a Southerner proud!

That said... if there is a single gritty mussel in the the bunch I'll get it. Always have. Thus, I HATE mussels. Oddly enough, I only hate black/blue mussels. I can devour green lips by the score.

Also, calves or beef liver. My mother cooked it to the consistency of a well loved tennis shoe. I have tried it several times over the years and can't get past the childhood trauma.

Sent from my LGL55C using Forums mobile app

Had mononeucleosis (sp??) when I was a kid, and had to drink Chelated liver for a year. You think I even want to SMELL liver?? No way.

Canned peas - peas out of the pod? yum. frozen? tolerable. Canned? Come on - even the color looks like diarrhea!

Giblets - they taste like liver, need I say more?

• 3 months later...