Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elizanessie

First round of drinks?

So here we are with our own UK Pub...the Pub with no name but hey no worries.

So what you all drinking? :D

How about we pick a drink which is popular in the part of the UK where we live...or our area is well known for producing?

In our 'local' which we use it's very common to see people quaffing bottles of champagne! Usually under-35s, though. Otherwise g&t seems pretty popular.

We are all Pinot drinkers in this neck of the woods, just finished a glass and ready for another.

Highland Park or Talisker for me before bed, or a nice Chardonnay before, during and after dinner.

Hi all,

I don't usually frequent pubs because of the smoking ban-but thought I'd drop in as it's new ;).

The only drinks that I know are produced in Wales are Brains Daaarrrk or skull attack-yuk"" so can I have a large glass of red please.

Cheers.

Taffygirl

Varied selection of drinks :D

How about some snacks to go with our drinks?

When you are having a drink...what do you like to nibble on...is it pork scratchings, peanuts or crisps (yes we can call them crisps on here:D)..or is there something made in your area that you can only get there and you miss when you are in a Pub elsewhere?

Varied selection of drinks :D

How about some snacks to go with our drinks?

When you are having a drink...what do you like to nibble on...is it pork scratchings, peanuts or crisps (yes we can call them crisps on here:D)..or is there something made in your area that you can only get there and you miss when you are in a Pub elsewhere?

It has to be a cheese board with a nice piece of Stilton yummy. Goes great with a Pinot or a nice bottle of Red

No fair Liz! Here, you've opened your very own pub but didn't invite your nephew....I'm hurt :D :P :D

Being from Canada, I'm not familiar with the local delicacies. Can someone suggest something for me to try?

:)

No fair Liz! Here, you've opened your very own pub but didn't invite your nephew....I'm hurt :D :P :D

Being from Canada, I'm not familiar with the local delicacies. Can someone suggest something for me to try?

:)

Sorry Nephew I forgot you have a Welsh wife :D

Oh now, does your DW make Welsh Cakes?...ooh now they are so nice :D

Another Canadian here who just had to chime in... How about a Pint of Alexander KEITH's Ale & to snack on - how about a nice little Lobster roll!:D

A big glass of Australian Shiraz, please...

and a secret packet of salt 'n' vinegar crisps.

I don't worry about the smoking ban now.... I'm smoking e-cigs!:cool:

Jo.

Hello

Debbie here from Nottingham.

How about a nice Cheese board of UK cheeses with a nice 10year Tawny Port.

Debbie xx

Well, to be honest, she hasn't been able to make any of her favourite things for us to eat because while she was here I did most of the cooking.

She is back in Wales now so I will have to wait until she return to try some of her delicious cooking. :)

My favourite 'finger food' when having a pint is a nice pork sausage fried in my own creation of a marmite sauce.

Heaven :D

Not my favourite, but we do make some good cider hereabouts. A bit further afield in the Black Country, there is an organisation which brews for its own pubs, and the "headline" beer is called Old Lumphammer. I'm sure most UK readers can imagine its effect; friends from other parts of the world may not be as familiar with the term??

Here in Spain we have Tapas, I really enjoyed them in our local village bar (Welsh run) then found they were shipped in from Holland!

Welsh Cakes with alcohol:eek: no better off with having a nice cup of tea with those.

chef-christoph try a nice bag of pork scratchings lovely boy.

Taffygirl

A pint of Tennents Ice Cold, please, best of the Lagers. Someone has to promote lager due to the usual bad press , lager louts etc.