Neewb questions for Eurodam 12/11/10 sailing

donman223

Just booked room 7080 in the Eurodam sailing 12/11/10 :D. Can anyone tell me what kind of weather to expect? Ports are Grand Turks, San Juan, USVI and HMCays. Any comments on the room I selected, wife is a little worried about rough seas :(.

Thanks.

Welcome to CC. I think you'll love the Eurodam. we've been on her this same week for two years and each time the weather has been wonderful. But as you know, weather does change.. But generally you can expect mid to upper 80's in San Juan and St. Thomas and lower 80's at Grand Turk. Half Moon Cay is in the Southern Bahamas and is a little more influenced by fronts from the Southeastern USA. It could be in the 80's or mid to high 70's. December is the end of rainy season but there is no guarantee. We have never had rough seas along this route in 20 years during Dec. and Jan. That's not to say it's impossible.

I hope you get on the roll call for the Dec.11 sailing and attend the Meet & Greet. I know I'll be there.......:)

We were on the Westerdam in Nov last year and one day had 40 mph winds and high seas (some said 40 ft) Couldn't land on HMC. Ship handled it very well. Not like ships in the 80s. Weather is iffy any time of the year. But should be very calm at the time you are sailing. Happy sailing.

Archived