Liberty v. Freedom

I have been on both Liberty and Freedom, as as ChipLondon has said, the experience is very similar. Both have exactly the same types of options onboard. The only differences are the artwork. Freedom's artwork design is taken from the 4 Forces of the Earth. And if I remember correctly, Liberty's artwork has a movie/musical theme to it. Both ships stop at similar ports depending on which side of the Caribbean you sail on.

If you're looking for specific things "not to miss", I would suggest having you dine at either Portofinos or Chops Grille. They are both speciality restaurants and have a $20/$25 cover charge each, but both provide a superior dining experience. Don't miss the Ice show on either ship (Encore! An Ice Spectacular / Freedom-Ice.com) and if you're saling onboard Freedom of the Seas, than don't miss the production shows, Now You See It - The Magic of Drew Thomas, Marquee, and Once upon a time. They are all very good.

I didn't care for the production shows onboard Liberty. But as of early next year Liberty of the Seas will be getting a brand new broadway production titled "Saturday Night Fever", so that would be something not to miss if you're sailing after that show gets installed early next year. No matter which ship you select, you're most likely going to have the time of your life, so enjoy!

On Liberty of the Seas as of January 30, 2011

On Freedom of the Seas as of March 27, 2011

Outdoor Entertainment Screens

The pool decks on Freedom and Liberty of the Seas just got a lot more interesting - and they were pretty spectacular to begin with. New 18.5 foot screens will be hoisted up over the main pool area to feature movies under the stars, bigger than life sporting events and more.

Digital WayFinder

Keep up to date and get where you're going with our innovative interactive touchscreens. Now appearing in elevator lobbies onboard Freedom and Liberty of the Seas, our touchscreens feature a Cruise Compass with directional information, updates and details about onboard venues, restaurants and amenities. You'll also discover real-time information on upcoming ports and activities.

Royal Babies and Tots Nursery

Mom and Dad deserve some vacation time to themselves, so it's no wonder why our fully-staffed nursery has been a tremendous success on Oasis of the Seas. Now guests on Freedom and Liberty of the Seas can enjoy the same wonderful experience. Open daily, the program offers the option to leave your babies and tots in the care of our highly trained professionals or to participate in developmentally-appropriate parent and tot free-time play and playgroups created by Fisher-Price and Crayola.

Vintages

Make a toast to the new décor and diverse menu at Vintages lounge. Our delicious menu of tapas a la carte is perfect for pairing with our wide range of fine wines. And now you can self-pour with our new Enomatic serving systems, which offer an assortment of notable wine selections at your convenience.

Cupcake Cupboard

Consider your sweet tooth tempted. We're thrilled to welcome Oasis of the Seas' extremely popular Cupcake Cupboard and their freshly-baked gourmet cupcakes onboard Freedom and Liberty of the Seas. A new cupcake flavor is featured every day-incredible flavors that include bubble gum, strawberry, red velvet, chocolate peanut butter, root beer and more! And the private parties and cupcake-design classes are sure to satisfy any craving.

Saturday Night Fever boardway production

Saturday Night Fever has such global appeal that inspired us to add this amazing show to the entertainment line up on Liberty of the Seas in April of 2011 as she transitions to her first European season.

Having sailed on both... it is a toss-up! I would go with the ship with the best price, itinerary and sailing date. The Liberty is a bit newer and a slightly bit bigger, by a few inches...:D Otherwise they are carbon copies (most young folks won't know what that means...) with different art schemes.

We had a ball on both of these ships.

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… ready to pull the trigger…

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

On Liberty of the Seas as of January 30, 2011

On Freedom of the Seas as of March 27, 2011

Outdoor Entertainment Screens

The pool decks on Freedom and Liberty of the Seas just got a lot more interesting - and they were pretty spectacular to begin with. New 18.5 foot screens will be hoisted up over the main pool area to feature movies under the stars, bigger than life sporting events and more.

Digital WayFinder

Keep up to date and get where you're going with our innovative interactive touchscreens. Now appearing in elevator lobbies onboard Freedom and Liberty of the Seas, our touchscreens feature a Cruise Compass with directional information, updates and details about onboard venues, restaurants and amenities. You'll also discover real-time information on upcoming ports and activities.

Royal Babies and Tots Nursery

Mom and Dad deserve some vacation time to themselves, so it's no wonder why our fully-staffed nursery has been a tremendous success on Oasis of the Seas. Now guests on Freedom and Liberty of the Seas can enjoy the same wonderful experience. Open daily, the program offers the option to leave your babies and tots in the care of our highly trained professionals or to participate in developmentally-appropriate parent and tot free-time play and playgroups created by Fisher-Price and Crayola.

Vintages

Make a toast to the new décor and diverse menu at Vintages lounge. Our delicious menu of tapas a la carte is perfect for pairing with our wide range of fine wines. And now you can self-pour with our new Enomatic serving systems, which offer an assortment of notable wine selections at your convenience.

Cupcake Cupboard

Consider your sweet tooth tempted. We're thrilled to welcome Oasis of the Seas' extremely popular Cupcake Cupboard and their freshly-baked gourmet cupcakes onboard Freedom and Liberty of the Seas. A new cupcake flavor is featured every day-incredible flavors that include bubble gum, strawberry, red velvet, chocolate peanut butter, root beer and more! And the private parties and cupcake-design classes are sure to satisfy any craving.

Saturday Night Fever boardway production

Saturday Night Fever has such global appeal that inspired us to add this amazing show to the entertainment line up on Liberty of the Seas in April of 2011 as she transitions to her first European season.

I know Liberty is coming out of Drydock first week of February and we will be sailing her March 5th. Will this new production show "Saturday Night Fever" be rolled out right after drydock and available for my cruise or will it only come out in April. Does anyone have any confirmed information on this?

We have sailed on both the Liberty (2009) and the Freedom (2010). As other's have said, they are almost identical. I thought the food was slightly better on the Liberty, but that's subjective. I also thought the shows were better on the Freedom. Port Canaveral is also easier to deal with than Miami if you are driving, but neither are that bad.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Great question and great replies! I was wondering about the difference myself since I will soon be on Freedom after going on Liberty about a year ago but didn't think it warranted a thread so I'm glad to see this. :) Looking forward to this cruise!

@Hobiecat01 - I guess I must be an older younger folk (late 20s) because I actually know what a carbon copy is but can't really say if I've actually ever used them lol!

I noticed the OP was from KC, MO. Gonna venture a guess and say they have to fly to the port. That said, part of my decision process would be flight costs to either Orlando or Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Reason I say M/FT L is we have found it is usually less expensive to consider flying there and getting transportation to Miami the day of the cruise, flying in a day earlier.

Another item to think about is which port do you like to sail from? Miami is spectacular to sail away from watching the skyline fade away into the sunset. However the Miami port to me is much harder to deal with than Port Canaveral. View, Miami wins, ease, Port Canaveral.

Ports of call, if the same, no biggie, but for us we like eastern much better than western. Personal choice here.

Ships, been on both, both very good. If you were blindfolded and had not been on either, you probably could not guess which one you were on.

We really enjoyed our Liberty cruise in '09. While the staff was VERY GOOD on Freedom this past May, the Liberty staff was over the top being friendly when you would walk by, probably the most friendly of any cruise we have ever been on. This however is usually hit and miss.

Final decision, whichever ship you choose, you will make the right one. You cannot go wrong with either ship!

Tim

Archived