Thanks to Carnival for their great Military Rates

Julia Goolia

.. I have to BOOO Carnival for not recognizing the Canadian Armed Forces for a Military discount. Alot of our service men and women use cruises as a way to get reaquainted after tours of duty and Carnival will not recognize our troops.. So Big Boo on that count..since there sister line Holland America does.. big boo!!!

As a retired medic I can tell you how greatful I am to be recognize for my service to country along side my American counterparts but Canrival needs to step up..There is firefighter rates as well as other special discounts for regular Joe and Jane civilian...but lets give credit where credit is due...Carnival needs to step up they are missing the boat when it comes to the CF personnel

I have to agree with you on this one....both my wife (4 yrs service) and I (22 yrs service) are currently in the CF and would love to see our cruise line of choice extend it's military discount to Canadian soldiers....the fact that they don't isn't that big of a deal, but it would be nice if they did...LOL !!! We took a cruise after my return from Afghanistan last year and are taking one this year after she returns from there...maybe one day the CF will get a discount along with the US Forces.

From Vet to Soldier. May God Bless and Keep you. Also, enjoy your discounts and any perks the world decides to throw your way. Too many of us are not given a second thought after the dust clears (when we need it most). So get the discounts that others don't! You've earned it.

I salute you!

LOL I thought that perhaps someone had remembered that I am sailing on the Splendor on the 28th and had brought this back to the top to ask me how glad I was for that military discount now...provided I get to sail. :D

Thanks for bringing it back though, SldrMdc99 and for quoting what oldrailfan had posted. I somehow missed that and definitely agree with you that it was well written (and well worth the read.) Hopefully some who don't "get it" will take it to heart.

Thanks to you and your wife (as well as all of the others who have posted and/or read here) for your service. I am proud to stand beside each of you in the defense of our country(ies).

Now...hopefully I'll truly be taking advantage of that great military discount rate that I was given and enjoying a DOD or two in exactly two weeks from today. Keep your fingers crossed for me because I likely won't have a chance to squeeze another cruise in before I leave for Afghanistan.

Take care, all!

Good luck on your cruise and in Afganistan. And don't forget, keep your head down (those whirling towels during the waiter dance can put an eye out)! ;)

May God watch over you each and every step you take.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][quote name='Miata Cruizer']Julie, Thank you for your service! We have a cruise planned for January to celebrate our son's homecoming from his 8 month deployment as a Submariner for the Navy. This was his first deployment. People can't believe that after being out to sea for 8 months that what he wanted to do on his leave was to take a cruise! But he loves cruising!! However, we found that the military rate wasn't the cheapest way to go for us - the previous guest rate was cheaper. But glad you got a good rate! Have a great cruise and stay safe![/quote][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thanks. LOL about your son wanting to go on a cruise. I get it. Besides being on/under the water, the two have nothing to do with each other. I hope that you all have a fabulous cruise and that he still enjoys the Navy after his first deployment. You are right…sometimes the military rate isn’t the best deal. It just happened to be for me this time. I think I wrote it earlier in this post, but my PVP just knows me well enough to check all of the rates that I qualify for and gets me the best deal he can. Thanks to your son for his service and to you for supporting him.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][quote name='The Grays']I have to agree with you on this one....both my wife (4 yrs service) and I (22 yrs service) are currently in the CF and would love to see our cruise line of choice extend it's military discount to Canadian soldiers....the fact that they don't isn't that big of a deal, but it would be nice if they did...LOL !!! We took a cruise after my return from Afghanistan last year and are taking one this year after she returns from there...maybe one day the CF will get a discount along with the US Forces.[/quote][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I completely agree that Canadian military forces deserve the same discounts if/when they apply. I have already written a letter to Carnival about it and once things settle down, I intend to engage John Heald and see if he can provide any insight as to why the Canadian military isn’t recognized properly. Thank you and your wife both for your service to your country. As I wrote earlier, I served alongside some great Canadian troops during my last tour in Afghanistan and expect that I will experience the same when I get back over there.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][quote name='WinSoms']From Vet to Soldier. May God Bless and Keep you. Also, enjoy your discounts and any perks the world decides to throw your way. Too many of us are not given a second thought after the dust clears (when we need it most). So get the discounts that others don't! You've earned it.[/quote][/FONT][/COLOR][quote name='WinSoms']

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I salute you![/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thank you for the kind words. And I salute you as well. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][quote name='friedshrimp']Good luck on your cruise and in Afganistan. And don't forget, keep your head down (those whirling towels during the waiter dance can put an eye out)! [/quote][/FONT][/COLOR][quote name='friedshrimp']

[I][COLOR=green][FONT=Verdana]May God watch over you each and every step you take.[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/quote]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Thank you for your kind words as well. And I’ll definitely be on the look out for whirling napkins…provided we do get to sail. Again – still keeping my fingers crossed. From your lips/keyboard to God’s ears for Him to watch over each of my steps. No one is ever comfortable walking into a war zone of any kind but I do take comfort that I don’t take that walk alone. He is always with me. Thank you for your service.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='TheRejector']My PVP will get me a $20 discount as soon as I send her a copy of my DD214, Awesome![/quote]

Yay! Every little bit helps, huh? Enjoy your discount and your cruise. Thank you for your service.

[COLOR=darkorchid]Okay -- time to get off of the computer and resume separating and sorting all of my belongings. My packers arrive on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and I'll be moved out of my house by next Tuesday. Way too much to do in that time. And the added stress of "will we sail or not?" might just be the death of me. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkorchid]Thanks again to all of you for your kind words, for your service, sacrifice and/or support of those who do serve. Have a wonderful day and for those preparing for a cruise -- have a fabulous cruise.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkorchid]Best wishes,[/COLOR]

Archived