Drink cards on HAL

DolceVita2

Hello,

I just notice on HAL they change the Beverages cards.....Instead of having a card with 20 drinks (wine glass or other) they sell a 50 $ or 100 $ card that is deductible every time you purchase a drink. Is someone can tell me when they changed that ? Is it worth it that way ? :rolleyes:

The previous 20-punch card was for wine only. I just got off a HAL Med cruise on October 1. They were still accepting the wine cards (I had bought a couple online before the cruise) but were not selling them on board.

The beverage cards are sold at a slight discount -- if I recall correctly, it was $45 to buy a $50 card, and probably $90 to buy the $100 card. So I guess you save a small amount.

However, beware that you cannot always use the beverage cards. For example, at happy hour (half-price martinis) in the Pinnacle Bar, you had to charge it to your regular room card and couldn't use the bev. card.

You might want to ask this question on the HAL board as I'm sure there are folks who know more than me about it.

Archived