St Martin- Philipsburg vs. Marigot

CRSNDC

I will be in St Martin Sun 3/13 on the Constellation (Atlantis charter). We dock in Philipsburg. I have been told to find a way to spend the day in Marigot instead.

I am more of a city guy than the beach guy so any input as to which city I should explore would be appreciated. I'm a 39 y.o. musclebearish kinda guy.

Also, anyone know if it being Sunday makes any difference in things being open?

Thanks.

Phillipsburg is great for shopping cheap booze and jewelery. Marigot has great designer boutiques and avery pretty harborand is walkable from one side of old port to new port. loads of fine restaurants and great thin pizza. Most are expensive but if you're shopping for fime old rums and cognac that is the place. Other booze are cheaper in P'burg. Only gay bar opens late at night outside Marigot. Food shops are cab ride from either city but some really interesting packaged cheeses, spices, baked goods to take back.

You can go to Cupercoy beach outside p'burg by cab and theres a lot of nude gay's there. More than Orient Beach.

If you rent a car for the day you can do all but avoid Hertz as they try to rip you off and don't honor reservation prices. Also don't shop at the big liquor distributor just outside of P'burg. Go to one of the shops on main drag. Really low prices and customs allows 2 ltrs per from there and you can still buy 4 more in St. T if one is Cruzan. Enjoy!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

We were in Marigot pre-cruise in December. It was pretty much closed down on Sunday morning before we departed. We found only one restaurant open for lunch, and no open stores, other than an open-air bazaar by the waterfront.

I will be in St Martin Sun 3/13 on the Constellation (Atlantis charter). We dock in Philipsburg. I have been told to find a way to spend the day in Marigot instead.

I am more of a city guy than the beach guy so any input as to which city I should explore would be appreciated. I'm a 39 y.o. musclebearish kinda guy.

Thanks.

Your best bet is to rent a car at the pier just as you get off the ship and drive to Cupercoy beach. I would think that Atlantis would have some port activities for you guys, so why would you want to go on your own?

Archived