Serenade Cabin Location--conflicting description?

ramby

When I booked cabin 4020 on Serenade, it was listed as "midship" on Royal Caribbean's website. Now, when I view my existing reservation on the site and click on cabin, it indicates that it is a "forward" cabin. I am concerned about getting seasick, do you think it is too far forward?

When I booked cabin 4020 on Serenade, it was listed as "midship" on Royal Caribbean's website. Now, when I view my existing reservation on the site and click on cabin, it indicates that it is a "forward" cabin. I am concerned about getting seasick, do you think it is too far forward?

It is a bit more forward then midship but not awful. See if anything further back is available, you can move without penalty if you stay in the same category

DW and I have done 2 Southern Caribbean trips, one one Splendour OTS and Serenade OTS.

IMHO it is very difficult to get seasick in the Southern Caribbean. The waters are extremely smooth and the only times the ship would be moving noticeably is on a long day/night stretch to return to a port of origination. Unless you are going in peak hurricane season, then all bets are off.

As far as cabin 4020 goes, you are not far from the forward elevator bank. They must put the elevators in fairly stable locations. DW and I stayed on a higher deck in a similar proximity to the elevators on Serenade OTS and had no problems. You will be lower and will have even less motion.

If you move further back you will be closer to the Centrum lobby floor and may be subject to more crowd noise and/or people just generally moving around the hallway areas.

Don't worry, be happy.

Have a great cruise.

DW and I have done 2 Southern Caribbean trips, one one Splendour OTS and Serenade OTS.

IMHO it is very difficult to get seasick in the Southern Caribbean. The waters are extremely smooth and the only times the ship would be moving noticeably is on a long day/night stretch to return to a port of origination. Unless you are going in peak hurricane season, then all bets are off.

As far as cabin 4020 goes, you are not far from the forward elevator bank. They must put the elevators in fairly stable locations. DW and I stayed on a higher deck in a similar proximity to the elevators on Serenade OTS and had no problems. You will be lower and will have even less motion.

If you move further back you will be closer to the Centrum lobby floor and may be subject to more crowd noise and/or people just generally moving around the hallway areas.

Don't worry, be happy.

Have a great cruise.

My wife and I were in 4542 recently . It is very close to the Centrum and we had no noise problems at all. We had rough seas a few nights but we were there during hurricane season. I agree that during normal season the southern carib is very calm. I wouldn't worry about being forward at all.

I have been WAY far forward on the Serenade and never had any problems. In fact, we liked our forward balcony cabin (E1 extended on deck 7) better than our center "hump" cabin! The noise from the centrium did bother us at night, but we are early birds, so if you are up to midnight or later, it should not bother you.

Perhaps for you.

On our first cruise on Adventure out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean, in late January/early February (i.e., not hurricane season whatsoever), the seas were so rough the crew was remarking on it. I gather it was unusual, but still not "very difficult". I forgot to put my Seabands back on after a port of call (Curacao, I think) and was feeling miserable for an hour or two before I realized my omission. That didn't happen again!

OP: Your cabin doesn't look horrible as far as location goes. There are several seasickness remedies you can try if you are concerned. Some are medicinal, some are not - you and your doctor can decide what's going to work best for you. My choice was the Seabands because I enjoy drinking rum cocktails in the tropics and didn't wish to mix alcohol with seasickness preventative medicines.

Archived