WHEN is the airfare going down

Sass4

Tell me about it. We booked our tickets a few months ago from O'Hare to SJU for next February...$412 per person. Thought that was high at the time, but now it seems the fares have gone even higher. Although, we have non-stops each way, so that's at least one good thing...

The other good thing is I see you're on the AOS February 27th with us. We should get together and talk cheesehead to each other.

Ours were expensive too, coming from Iowa. Had to connect in Atlanta. Glad we booked when we did, they climbed shortly after we booked - although we had to book a return flight out on the day we return earlier than I would have liked - but I guess that's just the way it goes. We really wanted the port-intensive itinerary, so we paid for it!

I also have noticed fares are more expensive in the last few months....and not by a few bucks, but by a couple $100! My mom isn't making it down for Christmas due to the cost, and my brother was holding out, hoping for a price reduction (that I don't think is coming!).

We booked our flights to San Juan via Buffalo-Orlando- SJU back in July when Jet Blue posted their winter flights. Prices have gone up considerably since then. I've been checking to see if there are any price drops but fares just keep climbing up. :)

We just booked air from Salt Lake City for April 10 on the AOS and paid $668. and right after we booked the price is now $790.

Glad we booked when we did!:)

today the leading newspaper of Puerto Rico has a big headline in the front page ''Más Caro Viajar a Puerto Rico'' (tr: it is more expensive now to fly to Puerto Rico) , it says airlines are increasing taxes, are charging now 115% more in taxes when flying from the US because airlines classify PR has international destination (they can do this because PR has a special association with the US).

news article (in spanish) http://www.elnuevodia.com/elcostoescondidodevolarapuertorico-801903.html

Yet, some people seem to get cheap round-trip non-stop airfare from Chicago to SJU around $200. I'd like to know how far in advance they buy their tickets. Maybe they have a secret hookup! I buy my ticket well in advance and always end up spending about $400 roundtrip. Go figure.

We had to pay $484 per person from Cleveland - but even with the air and cost of the cruise it was cheaper than going with air and cruise out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Besides - these ports of call are much better than the normal Eastern /Western!

I can hardly wait til we cruise - have 4 cruise virgins going with us.

Wow. I feel lucky we got our airfare out of Chicago for $300. I looked for about two months and once it hit 300 I jumped on it.

I start looking about 6 months before the cruise and check everyday and every so often the prices do go down for some reason.

I wish our airfare was as cheap as some of you are getting it for! It is going to cost us almost $700/pp to get there for our 3/20 cruise. Plus the times are crazy as well. We are flying to LAX then going straight there for then on the way home going through MIA back home to Vegas. So overall with the extra flight to LAX instead of driving it's a little over $800, almost as much as our cruise fare!! Oh well nothing we can do about it!! We will enjoy our cruise either way. Just thought I would share and make some of you feel better about the cheaper prices you got!

We never do just a week, as our airfare is always more costly than a week cruise in a balcony. Our relatives aren't as fortunate...still working, can't take off more than a week, and live another $300/person in airfare further away than we do. I know price is relative, but the amounts of money all of you complain about won't even get us to Seattle.:(

We never do just a week, as our airfare is always more costly than a week cruise in a balcony. Our relatives aren't as fortunate...still working, can't take off more than a week, and live another $300/person in airfare further away than we do. I know price is relative, but the amounts of money all of you complain about won't even get us to Seattle.:(

I know it’s expensive from Alaska, my friend lives in Wasilla and I keep trying to convince him to come to visit me in Vegas but I can never find a deal on airfare so I just gave up! Going from the west coast to San Juan is a bit ridiculous though! Although on American it was cheaper to fly first class then coach! :eek: I've never seen that one before; will be taking advantage of that one for sure! :cool:

Major pain for our family flying from LAX. Best fare was $828 on air Tran. At least they have a promo with first class on the way back. Unfortunately, we cannot spend time in San Juan before or after the cruise due to our work schedules.

I know it’s expensive from Alaska, my friend lives in Wasilla and I keep trying to convince him to come to visit me in Vegas but I can never find a deal on airfare so I just gave up! Going from the west coast to San Juan is a bit ridiculous though! Although on American it was cheaper to fly first class then coach! :eek: I've never seen that one before; will be taking advantage of that one for sure! :cool:

My parents live in BHC, so we fly to Vegas a couple of times a year--thank goodness for the Ak Air companion fare and for mileage tickets.

Airfare is ridiculous these days. I purchased very, very early for my cruise so I could get a good price. The price has gone up since, but they have also made eight changes to my flights (including some cancelled flights, some with major time changes such as flying back in the afternoon instead of the morning now) so far (four months left), so if you book early, you need to have a somewhat flexible schedule.

I booked tickets for May 2011 from Flint MI to SJU connecting in Orlando both ways for $417pp but could have gotten them for $336 for a later flight. AirTran was kind enough to let us use our points even though they were black out dates so we got the two tickets for a total of $346. Now thats a great deal. Yeah:p

Just booked a cruise on out San Juan for March about 3 weeks ago. Have been checking airfare about twice a day and prices were running around $500-$600 rt. I know March is high season but I kept checking and early Sat morning found a $287 RT fare on US Air(343 with taxes and fees) . The flight times were decent so I grabbed that up right away and as soon as I did I checked back and the price went up $200 per person.

Archived