7 Day Conquest Cruise

kwoody

Hey Guys long time lurker.. We are going on a 7 day out of Galveston on the Conquest over Thanksgiving week. We are going to book the Steakhouse and have made a tentative date, but didn't want the date to overlap with the existing formal nights already on the boat. I already talked to the hostess and she said they do not do anything special on actual T-Day, but was wondering if there are set dates for the formal nights, or if they change cruise to cruise.

Now off to look for something to do on the Jamaica forum!

Thanks!

You may, IMHO, rethink dining in the steakhouse. We have done this 3 times and been VERY disappointed, to the point of almost walking out, and leaving before dessert. The food is quite good, but the service is horrible. Complaints are met with a "so what" attitude. On one visit we were guests of the cruise line, and even then the service was non existant. Being seated at 8 PM and not getting you salad course until 10 PM is not acceptable to me. The restaurant was not busy on any of our visits, and we will not be going back. In addition to the upcharge, they have th gall to expect an additional gratuity, for doing nothing. The MDR serive is much better, and the food is all right. We too will be on board for Thanksgiving. I think the MDR will be fun, and looking forward to sharing with the other diners there. Just wanted to give my experience on the steakhouse. IF you go, I hope you have a better experience and enjoy.

Our formal nights were Monday and Thursday. We did not do the steakhouse, but thought the food in the main dinning room to be better than usual, and VERY good. Our service was good too, as we had requested a table for two. We just can't see paying extra for a different dinning experience, when we enjoy the main dinning room experience so much.

We went Western (Jamaica, Cayman and Cozumel), by the way. Had the BEST, most fabulous, perfect cruise!

These forums have been so helpful. Just wanted to add my "2 cents".

Enjoy your cruise!

We'll be sailing on the Conquest's Thanksgiving cruise too! There's a thread on roll call if you're interested, Kwoody & High Seas Texan.

I've never dined at the steak house on the Conquest but I have on the Liberty. It was well worth the money. The food & service were both wonderful. However, we enjoyed the food in the MDR so I doubt we'll pay extra to eat at the specialty restaurant this trip.

Have a GREAT CRUISE!!!!

Formal nights on Western Iten are Monday and Thurs, normally. They do them when it's a Sea Day or early leaving port, so the ladies will have plenty of time to get ready -- and the photographers will have time to make some money!!! :p

The Pointe Steakhouse has GREAT REVIEWS!!!!

I love the MDR and food is WONDERFUL there!!! And the service is timely!!! But, if you LOVE food and love courses and a leisurely dinner... DO THE STEAKHOUSE!!! It's not meant to be just a food experience, but a WHOLE EVENING experience and sensation!!!! Plan 2.5 hours!!!

And maybe the CHEF's TABLE if you love even more of an EXPERIENCE!!!!!

We just go off the conquest Sunday. The formal nights are Monday and Thursday. You might check the menu for the other nights to see if there is something you don't want to miss in the MDR. We never dined at the Steakhouse, but love our MDR experience.

Don't know what you are looking to do in Jamaica, but we went to Doctor's Cave Beach. We really liked it, and the people were very nice and it was not expensive at all.

We will be sailing on the Conquest for the 4th time on December 5th. On all the previous cruises, we have gone to the Point and each time the food was excellent and the service was great! We will probably forgo the Point this time in favor of the Chef's Table ( Thanks Mach) or we might try to squeeze in both.

Kwoody, down to 30 days! Woooohoooo!!!!!!!! We are 2 weeks behind you!

I hope you keep your reservation to the Point Steakhouse; you will not be disappointed. Many people on CC have raved about the Point Steakhouse.

You may, IMHO, rethink dining in the steakhouse. We have done this 3 times and been VERY disappointed,......

Sorry this happened to you. My sister and I dined there on our last cruise and received great service. And I have to be honest I am not a Conquest Fan.

Three times?? No one can say that you didn't give them a try. I guess in your case its 3 strikes and they're out.

Archived