Anyone been to Martinique recently?

cruiseapril

Hi- Has anyone been to Martinique recently or does anyone have plans to go this year?

Looking for more information about recent Martinique excursions. Thanks.

I'm going next April on the Sea Princess. I booked an excursion through Princess- Martinique by Land and Sea. It drives up to St. Pierre, stopping at a few sites along the way, and then sails back down the coast to Fort-de-France. I couldn't find much in the way of private tour companies and wanted to see some of the island away from the port area.

• 1 year later...
i'm going next april on the sea princess. I booked an excursion through princess- martinique by land and sea. It drives up to st. Pierre, stopping at a few sites along the way, and then sails back down the coast to fort-de-france. I couldn't find much in the way of private tour companies and wanted to see some of the island away from the port area.

call david clovis 586-88-66 he is a great driver and knows the whole island very well

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Martinique in November 2011. The roads are excellent. The island is part of France and has a much higher standard of living than nearby independent islands.

We tooks a ship's tour with a young guide - Marie - who spoke excellent English with a very clear pronunciation. The tour went to Balata Church for the view, through the hilly interior to a rum distillery below Mount Pelee and down to St. Pierre. Back on the road to Fort de France.

The people who did the Fort de France to St. Pierre section by boat were very happy. In hindsight, it would have been better than the "all bus" tour. They also had more time in St. Pierre.

Archived