Dining...Late or early seating.

daisy7113

Which do you prefer and why?

I've always preferred late seating, so I don't feel rushed getting back from excursions when we're not leaving a port until 5:00 or so. But I really don't like eating as late as late seating. So this time we're trying Your Time Dining; I'll let you know if about three weeks how I like it!

We like the late seating.... we don't have to rush our day to go eat dinner.

Plus, after I eat I'm ready for my pj's and pillow. :D

Hehe...that is kinda how I feel. We just booked the Dream this week for January and we normally do the early seating. When we made our reservation, the early seating was all filled up as was the Any-Time dining so we are stuck with the late seating. By nature, I don't normally eat that late and I know how filling dinners usually are. I am not a late night out kind of gal so it's not like I will be up till 2am.

We are on a list incase something opens up during the early seating. I know we will make the most of it, but I was just wondering the pros of the late seating.

Late!

That way we're not rushed when we get back from excursions.

Late, all the way!

Of course, after eating a dinner that late we're pretty much pooped! Not much night life after dinner for us.

Yeah, it feels like it is going to be dinner and then bed for me. :(

We like late seating because we prefer drinking BEFORE dinner!

If you're planning on going to the shows, everyone needs to be ready at about the same time....there's really no need to "rush" if you have early (main) seating!

Pick the time that is closest to when you normally eat at home.

I've always preferred late seating, so I don't feel rushed getting back from excursions when we're not leaving a port until 5:00 or so. But I really don't like eating as late as late seating. So this time we're trying Your Time Dining; I'll let you know if about three weeks how I like it!

Amy I absolutely agree with everything you said, late so no rush, but your time will be awesome I think, I will try that next cruise!!!

We did early dining on our cruise because we normally eat at home about 6:15-6:30, but that was only really our only reasoning with it. It was our 1st cruise, so we really weren't sure. That said, in a way, I wish we would have had late dining because 2 of our 3 ports, sail away was at 6:00. :rolleyes: Made it hard to enjoy that & be at dinner in time. The 1st port we didn't watch sail away really, we left a few minutes early so saw some. The 2nd time it happened, we let our waiter know we'd be about 15 minutes late & he said that was completly fine & not a problem. We were assigned a table for 2, so I didn't feel bad for being late.

We checked for our next cruise & there is only 1 port that leaves at 6:00, but we are still considering changing possibly to late dining just to give it a try.

I like late because then I'm not rushed coming back from the ports. I also stay out late on the cruise, so it's not like I eat and then go right to bed. I tried Anytime dining recently on Princess, but I didn't really like it. I didn't like having to wait to get into the dining room, whereas if I have the late dining, I know I won't have to wait to sit down and eat.

We always chose early until once when they overbooked it because there were so many young children. We offered to switch to late. I wouldn't go back. Love the relaxing feel when we get back from Port. Shower, room service for snacks, NAP!:eek: Then go to dinner & a show. Love it! Although I wouldn't mind doing the anytime dining to try it... This next cruise is with a group. They wanted the EARLY, so I'm (grudgingly) going along with them...:(

Early dining for sure. Even when we cruise NCL we eat at early as possible. By eating early we have more time to walk the decks and get some exercise before heading to evening entertainment venues and then on to late night snack of pizza or other foods on Lido.:D

If one is going to take in the entire flavors of a great cruise one must keep a rigid schedule. Up by 5 or 6 a.m. to order pastries and coffee from room service before dressing for breakfast. Lunch between 11 a.m. and noon in order to snack a bit in the afternoon before 4 p.m. tea and then dress for evening dinner in order to still be hungry for late night snacks.

Oops, somewhere in there one has to schedule some sushi, free drinks at the art auction, a martini tasting, a wine tasting event and time to grab a grilled hamburger or hot dog just for the heck of it.

Dianne

I love the late seating :D as I don't have to hurry back to the ship to get ready for dinner when we're in port and also (probably the best part), I can stay up on deck and catch the last hours of sun when the Lido's a lot less crowded as all the people with early dinner have got to get ready and to eat!! :D For me, it's late all the way and always will be!!!! :D

Oh, 1 more thing, I still have enough energy after late dinner to stay up and party the night away (disco, piano bar, etc) until somewhere between 2am and 4am!! :D

Neither. :o We like Anytime dining so that we can go early or late or sometime in between, whenever we are hungry and whenever we are ready. No dining schedules for me, love this flexibility.

I agree! We too prefer Anytime so we can go whenever it works for us. :)

Archived