Legend Upsell fairy

ldw81

We got a call from the fairy last night. We were offered and upsell from our balcony to a grand suite. They wanted 540 total for it. We passed. With what we've already paid, and our past guest status, we could have done better on our own.

maybe we'll get lucky next time!

We got a call from the fairy last night. We were offered and upsell from our balcony to a grand suite. They wanted 540 total for it. We passed. With what we've already paid, and our past guest status, we could have done better on our own.

Not sure I understand..... what does past guest status have to do with your decision? How could you have done better on your own?

with the past guest status, I could have booked a suite for 899. Well my room is already 579 pp..so when you add on the 270pp they offered us for a suite, the difference just isn't worth it!

The Carnival rep told us that the room was discounted $150 from posted prices.

with the past guest status, I could have booked a suite for 899. Well my room is already 579 pp..so when you add on the 270pp they offered us for a suite, the difference just isn't worth it!

The Carnival rep told us that the room was discounted $150 from posted prices.

OK, understand now. The discount the rep described was as of the that date, not the date you got your room. Were you quoting the price as of that day or when you booked your room?

I received the same call on Wednesday. Last week we went from our 7A to an 8J for $40 total. Now this week they offered to go up to an Ocean Suite for $680. I asked the rep if they would malke more money by upgrading, or booking another cruise, as that amount of money would go a long way toward our next cruise.

I received the same call on Wednesday. Last week we went from our 7A to an 8J for $40 total. Now this week they offered to go up to an Ocean Suite for $680. I asked the rep if they would malke more money by upgrading, or booking another cruise, as that amount of money would go a long way toward our next cruise.

True enough. Cabins, cabin locations, types of cabins are more important to some people more than others. As example, we never sail in an inside. Mostly balconies but sometimes above (aft wraps, suites etc.) They are just doing their jobs trying to fill rooms. We have gotten the Owners Penthouse suite on the Ecstasy for free (doubt that will ever happen again). Also been in GS, OS, and VS. It is all a matter of choice.

When is your sailing date? I'm on 12/5 sailing and wondering how far out these calls begin?:confused:

we are on the 12/5 sailing also.

The past week or so, I've been seeing posts about people getting emails or calls about upsells.

I'd love to get the upsell to an 8J for only $40!!

Archived