Sneak vodka in a wine bottle?

cece531

This may be a dumb question, but, if I put vodka or something in a wine bottle would they know? Like, do they check and see if its been opened before? Thanks to all. :)

if you go to the regular Carnival board and search rum runner Im sure there is someone over there that will explain everything you need to know:cool:

I know that many people do bring alcohol on board and some get caught while others are lucky and get through. I thought I had read some time back that you can pre purchase a bottle of spirits from the cruiseline and have it in your room when you arrive. Does anyone know if that is correct? I assume though that if you can, it would probably cost quite a bit more than if you purchased it yourself elsewhere.

Why not use the cruise as an opportunity to discover drinks other than those made with vodka? You might be pleasantly surprised..or not..but you will have saved yourself the embarrassment and loss of the vodka as they confiscate it when you check in.

Since the label around the top of the wine bottle will be broken or altered I am sure that your wine bottle will be confiscated. Here is another thread about the "naughty room" that you might enjoy reading -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1301334&highlight=

I would never bother going to the trouble, but have thought of a way. Our local brew shop sells new corks and foil capsules. They rent the corker for $35 a day. That would tend to make the vodka a little pricy:D

The cruise lines have seen all of the dodges before. It would be a daunting task to come up with something totally original that they would fail to detect. Is it really worth it? I think not. Besides, even if you did have a stroke of genius and post it here, the cruise lines would find out as I am sure they read these posts as well.

The very best way to have a bottle of your favorite libation in your cabin is to simply buy it on-board and have it delivered to your room. But isn't it more fun to be in a lounge with a few of your new-found friends on the ship?

Wishing you calm seas ans smooth sailing!

:)

I know that many people do bring alcohol on board and some get caught while others are lucky and get through. I thought I had read some time back that you can pre purchase a bottle of spirits from the cruiseline and have it in your room when you arrive. Does anyone know if that is correct? I assume though that if you can, it would probably cost quite a bit more than if you purchased it yourself elsewhere.

If you do not see it online from the Bon Voyage Gifts area you can call them directly and they will tell you how to go about obtaining a bottle of vodka. There is an up charge. My cruise line quoted me $63 for a bottle that would normally cost $13. In essence, the peace of mind that I will have what I want and not being (possibly) embarrassed would cost $50. I have to decide if it's worth it.

Archived